May 14 - Portland

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
ardy
Redheads not warheads

Re: May 14 - Portland

Postby ardy » Fri May 15, 2009 1:25 pm

thanks for the review. sounds like you had an epic night :)
such a nice high, isn't it?
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Fri May 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Yay bird!! I'm so happy they did a M&G!
I'm so late for work, but I HAD to pop on and check how your show went! :cheer:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Fri May 15, 2009 5:56 pm

That's WONDERFUL, Bird!!! :yay: You rocked the seats, you rocked the Most Beautiful girl in the room line, you rocked Albi, Sugalumps, the M&G.. You totally rocked the party, girl!! :rock:

I´m so very happy for you..even though they were in a hurry you got to take advantage of your crappy camera and had a little extra time next to lovely Jemaine. ..and Nigel giving you his email address!! :o :clap: You´re gonna have withdrawal issues for a month now..but it´s all worth it :nod:

Thank you for sharing!!
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Fri May 15, 2009 6:12 pm

Mockingbird, that's amazing!! I'm so glad that the night went so well for you! And Jemaine looking right at you when he was singing Most Beautiful Girl - I would have died! You're so lucky! :D
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri May 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Front row seats + those moments with Jemaine + giving your sticker to Bret + you got Nigel's email?!

Oooh, get it, girl! I can't wait to see your photos!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Fri May 15, 2009 6:51 pm

It was great to meet you mockingbird, and I totally wanna see your pics :D Where I was parked the evil power bow ladies were hunting down all the camera folks (* little reminder if you are taking pics when they say not to -> TURN OFF YOUR FLASH !) so I took that as a sign from a higher power to just chill.

And it totally did seem like they were in a hurry, but I am still pumped they were kind enough to sign my stuff. I called my little sister this morning and she could not stop squeee-ing that I got her one too. I wish I was able to thank them for making her so happy (she has had a really awful week cuttin' onions, making lasagna for one )

Hopefully they will come back here to PDX one day and have a bit more time.
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Fri May 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Poster pic, please. :p

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri May 15, 2009 7:14 pm

:clap: So glad you enjoyed the show mockingbird! It must have been amazing to have Jemaine look at you whilst singing Most Beautiful Girl and having his sugalumps in your face :D. And that's so sweet about Nigel too! Can't wait to see the pics :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri May 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Mock has the lumps in her face? I missed that part. Wow! I think I'd have to have a lie down after that.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri May 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Aww mock, yay! I'm so happy you got a m&g! I was a bit worried because I knew they'd be traveling all day today to get to Denver tomorrow - and this being their what...fifth straight night performing? That they might not do a meet and greet but I am SO SO SO glad that they did - even if they were in a bit of a rush, at least they did one! :yay: I can't wait to see your pictures.

And :thud: @ him STANDING ON YOUR CHAIR - LUMPS IN YOUR FACE. I'm pretty sure next time around they tour, any seats less than front row center just aren't going to cut it for me ;) :lol:

And how hard did your heart thump to your feet when you two made eye contact eh? Viry intense isn't it? How awesome that he looked at you right then! I'm gushing, I'll stop!

Prepare for the "Post-Conchordian Depression" now...:goodman:

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri May 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Aw, thanks you guys - you are all so awesome. I have no post-show let down yet, I'm still on a post-show high. :D It was just such an incredible experience.

SheWolf wrote:Mock has the lumps in her face? I missed that part. Wow! I think I'd have to have a lie down after that.

SheWolf, he was straddling me. STRADDLING ME. Before he stepped off the stage and onto my chair, he was sitting on the stage, singing, looking right into my face. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. The woman sitting next to me kind of rubbed my shoulder after he got off my chair and back on the stage - I think she was afraid I was going to pass out, lol. I was a little afraid of that myself, actually. :lol: I was hoping he might recognize me at the M&G but I had pulled my hair back and put on a sweater so I'm not surprised he didn't.

I can't post any pics from here because their camera stuff isn't compatible with my camera, so that will have to wait until Sunday. Cuse, I don't have a picture of the actual tour poster because I got them to sign the poster I made for the HBO contest, but DangerMouse does so maybe we can convince her to post a pic of hers. :wink: I saw it while Jemaine was signing it - he liked it. It was like a train wreck, literally, in red ink. Jemaine pointed out that there was a Conchord plane tail sticking out of the end of it. He and I and DM were kind of studying it together for a minute. I said I was glad I wasn't on that train. Hee.

I remembered a few more details - Arj was really funny, and he came out for a brief cameo during Too Many Dicks. I was hoping he'd do his rap for Suga Lumps because that's one of my favorite parts of the song but I'm not surprised he didn't, due to the slowed tempo and different tone of the song. Bret and Jemaine did this bit during the show where they made fun of their ability to do an American accent. I have to say their impressions were not flattering, lol. Jemaine's accent was actually pretty good, but Bret's consisted of him saying "Go f*** yourself". They joked about how they didn't get called back from many auditions because all Bret can say in American is "go f*** yourself", lol.

Also, one more thing from the M&G - there was a girl in front of me who was getting her upper arm signed by Jemaine, he drew a heart with an arrow through it with his name underneath. The girl standing next to me said, "What is she going to do now, never wash that arm again?" And I jokingly replied, "She'll probably get it tattooed," and Jemaine overheard me and said "Oh no, don't get a tattoo!" :lol:

Thanks for listening to me ramble on, lol. I'm happy to be able to share this with all of you. I'm at a coffee shop right now typing all this out. I probably won't be back on until Sunday but I'll put up what few non-blurry pics I was able to take, and maybe even a few of the blurry ones, lol. There's a few decent ones. "See" you all then. :D

trefusis

Postby trefusis » Fri May 15, 2009 11:21 pm

mockingbird wrote:SheWolf, he was straddling me. STRADDLING ME. Before he stepped off the stage and onto my chair, he was sitting on the stage, singing, looking right into my face. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. The woman sitting next to me kind of rubbed my shoulder after he got off my chair and back on the stage - I think she was afraid I was going to pass out, lol.

He was... he was... he... he WHAT?!!

*&^%$£?!!

sjkldfjdakjf asf;dkja f

That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri May 15, 2009 11:24 pm

trefusis wrote:
mockingbird wrote:SheWolf, he was straddling me. STRADDLING ME. Before he stepped off the stage and onto my chair, he was sitting on the stage, singing, looking right into my face. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. The woman sitting next to me kind of rubbed my shoulder after he got off my chair and back on the stage - I think she was afraid I was going to pass out, lol.

He was... he was... he... he WHAT?!!

*&^%$£?!!

sjkldfjdakjf asf;dkja f

Ditto that. Oh my mock...Oh my... :thud:
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri May 15, 2009 11:25 pm

My thoughts exactly, Trefusis. :lol:

trefusis

Postby trefusis » Fri May 15, 2009 11:28 pm

I just keep looking at that word. STRADDLING. I mean... STRADDLING. It's sort of floating around the room in front of me.
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”