May 14 - Portland

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: May 14 - Portland

Postby SheWolf » Fri May 15, 2009 11:33 pm

But what did he do once he straddled you? He didn't sit on your seat right? He must have had his legs on the chair arms or something? Details, please.
90% evil
ImageImage

trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby trefusis » Fri May 15, 2009 11:36 pm

This is a really, really bad time to have to log off :bang: .
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat May 16, 2009 12:05 am

For the love of a higher power, I need front row seats. I MUST HAVE front row seats! :pray:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat May 16, 2009 12:41 am

mockingbird wrote:SheWolf, he was straddling me. STRADDLING ME. Before he stepped off the stage and onto my chair, he was sitting on the stage, singing, looking right into my face. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. The woman sitting next to me kind of rubbed my shoulder after he got off my chair and back on the stage - I think she was afraid I was going to pass out, lol.

:thud:

*rubs paddles together*

CLEAR!

*thump*

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat May 16, 2009 1:01 am

mockingbird wrote:Aw, thanks you guys - you are all so awesome. I have no post-show let down yet, I'm still on a post-show high. :D It was just such an incredible experience.

SheWolf wrote:Mock has the lumps in her face? I missed that part. Wow! I think I'd have to have a lie down after that.

SheWolf, he was straddling me. STRADDLING ME. Before he stepped off the stage and onto my chair, he was sitting on the stage, singing, looking right into my face. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. The woman sitting next to me kind of rubbed my shoulder after he got off my chair and back on the stage - I think she was afraid I was going to pass out, lol. I was a little afraid of that myself, actually. :lol: I was hoping he might recognize me at the M&G but I had pulled my hair back and put on a sweater so I'm not surprised he didn't.

I can't post any pics from here because their camera stuff isn't compatible with my camera, so that will have to wait until Sunday. Cuse, I don't have a picture of the actual tour poster because I got them to sign the poster I made for the HBO contest, but DangerMouse does so maybe we can convince her to post a pic of hers. :wink: I saw it while Jemaine was signing it - he liked it. It was like a train wreck, literally, in red ink. Jemaine pointed out that there was a Conchord plane tail sticking out of the end of it. He and I and DM were kind of studying it together for a minute. I said I was glad I wasn't on that train. Hee.

I remembered a few more details - Arj was really funny, and he came out for a brief cameo during Too Many Dicks. I was hoping he'd do his rap for Suga Lumps because that's one of my favorite parts of the song but I'm not surprised he didn't, due to the slowed tempo and different tone of the song. Bret and Jemaine did this bit during the show where they made fun of their ability to do an American accent. I have to say their impressions were not flattering, lol. Jemaine's accent was actually pretty good, but Bret's consisted of him saying "Go f*** yourself". They joked about how they didn't get called back from many auditions because all Bret can say in American is "go f*** yourself", lol.

Also, one more thing from the M&G - there was a girl in front of me who was getting her upper arm signed by Jemaine, he drew a heart with an arrow through it with his name underneath. The girl standing next to me said, "What is she going to do now, never wash that arm again?" And I jokingly replied, "She'll probably get it tattooed," and Jemaine overheard me and said "Oh no, don't get a tattoo!" :lol:

Thanks for listening to me ramble on, lol. I'm happy to be able to share this with all of you. I'm at a coffee shop right now typing all this out. I probably won't be back on until Sunday but I'll put up what few non-blurry pics I was able to take, and maybe even a few of the blurry ones, lol. There's a few decent ones. "See" you all then. :D

:thud: Woah...you lucky thing! ;)
Thanks for your account. Please feel free to continue with the rambling since I love hearing about every detail of their shows.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Sat May 16, 2009 1:08 am

JEMAINE'S SUGALUMPS. IN YOUR FACE. :shock: :rolleyes:

Oh lordie...

*attempts to remember how to breathe*
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 am

laura is clearly imagining the straddling......he's standing on the arms of the seat, working his snake-hips in that was that he does.....mock is too stunned to do anything but gape at what's displayed right there in her face.....perhaps she covers her mouth with her hands in shock while Jemaine says "How dare you, madam!" while clearly daring her......
:thud:

Must go to YouTube and find someone's video of this EVENT.......seeing as we're all suffering cardiac events just imagaining it...... :shock: :thud:

CLEAR!

ZAP!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 16, 2009 1:21 am

Ohhhhh, nothing yet. :cry:

Oh pleeeeeeease......I want to see video of this more than I wanted to see the video of Bret doing his limbo-thing in front of me!

***o please let someone upload a vid of last night's Sugalumps....from a good vantage point....***
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 am

Here's Freebird: Pretty funny at the end when Jemaine is making crazy bird noises, lol-

http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/pp35 ... irdPDX.flv
ImageImage

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Sat May 16, 2009 3:41 am

Here is the PDX print: ( if the image is too large let me know )

oh I also have a pic of what they signed for me if you are intrested...

...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat May 16, 2009 4:00 am

:clap: I like that poster! Very arty, imho :)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat May 16, 2009 4:01 am

Niiiiice.....that's my favorite after ours. :) I'd actually like to see it bigger to study the details...I see some socks...:)

Thanks, DangerMouse! :) (How come Bret didn't sign it?)
ImageImage

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Sat May 16, 2009 4:11 am

LauraK wrote:(How come Bret didn't sign it?)

He had to leave .... but he did sign a picture for me and one for my little sister 8) I think they are really awesome for taking the time out to do it since it was getting kinda late; and I know they had to have been tired.
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat May 16, 2009 6:37 am

LauraK wrote:Here's Freebird: Pretty funny at the end when Jemaine is making crazy bird noises, lol-

http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/pp35 ... irdPDX.flv

::holds up lighter::
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Sat May 16, 2009 7:34 am

Yay, thanks. I like that one. Reminds me of the cover of the first Beastie Boys album lol.

I would have loved to go to this show with my Portland fetish. Ah well. Anyone know if there were any rereleased tix for this show? I never saw squat.

And y'all are crazy. Crack me up lol

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”