April 29 - Chicago (second of two shows)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: April 29 - Chicago (second of two shows)

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Fri May 01, 2009 1:03 am

bibliaddict wrote: ksp & prg - I'll try to compose something coherent and post it on the 4/22 Toronto thread in the next 24 hours, with the links to my Facebook photo albums (blurry but beautiful...) Fun Fact: had I not been given the opportunity to spend the week at Camp Turnip in Toronto, Chicago was my pilgrimage venue of choice. Breakfast at Lou Mitchell's, lunch at Manny's, pizza at Golden Crust...mmmmmmmmm!

You're the best bibli! Relived meet and greets through WTF is most definately the best legal drug on the market. Well, maybe vodka... but I would still choose a shot of Jemaine-encounter any day.

I am not going to start a which city is better debate, but I am very happy you got to visit my beloved homeland. Just think about all the money you saved by spending Canadian dollars! Yes, they are worth a bit more than New Zealand dollars, but not by much...
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Fri May 01, 2009 3:38 am

tvldiva wrote:I just saw a tweet from John Wesley Harding(twitter him at @wesleystace). He performed with Eugene the last two nights in Chicago. Today, he posted a blog and some pictures backstage and outside. It's a nice prospective from someone unfamilar with FOTC. He also tells of a close encounter they all had with a huge celebrity after the show. :shock: Who could it be??? You will have to read it now, won't you!!

link to blog-
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =486396484
link to photos-
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... Id=2619888

Enjoy!

FYI- I just got a tweet from JWH, he said he will be posting more pictures from these shows.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Fri May 01, 2009 9:01 am

LauraK wrote:Whambi-
Glad you had such great seats for the second show! How did you like Suaglumps from that vantage point? Were you accused by Jemaine of trying to check out his sugalumps or perhaps photograph them? :lol:

Actually I was Bret side, he pulled up the girl to the right of me. My camera takes crappy photos, but takes O.K. video clips, I tried to get it this time, but I was too close..........ohhhhhh, Flight of the Conchords, you're so BIG.................so I cut off, heads and sugalumps :doh:

But I did find someone else's clip of it. Apparently Jemaine reprimanded someone on Jemaine side for recording his Sugalumps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edkEO7_MF5U
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 01, 2009 7:09 pm

I love the things Jemaine says:
Stop lookin at our Sugalumps...............I see you photographing my sugalumps...............we're so much more than our sugalumps......

In the beginning of the clip Jem said "she tried to touch Bret's sugalumps...." and apparently she or someone else responded, causing them both to laugh and Bret to say "Perfect." What was said or done there??

Thanks!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Mon May 04, 2009 8:32 pm

My final video of my 5 show Midwestern Conchord Odyssey

WARNING: WATCHING THIS VIDEO MAY CAUSE UNCONTROLABLE OUTBURSTS OF
"OHHHH, FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS.........YOU'RE SO BIG

WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u41sb0FjeA4
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Mon May 04, 2009 9:47 pm

LauraK wrote:I love the things Jemaine says:
Stop lookin at our Sugalumps...............I see you photographing my sugalumps...............we're so much more than our sugalumps......

In the beginning of the clip Jem said "she tried to touch Bret's sugalumps...." and apparently she or someone else responded, causing them both to laugh and Bret to say "Perfect." What was said or done there??

Thanks!

I'm interested too! They seemed to get a kick out of whatever she said/did?
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Tue May 05, 2009 6:03 am

prettyrobyngirl wrote:
LauraK wrote:I love the things Jemaine says:

Thanks!

I'm interested too! They seemed to get a kick out of whatever she said/did?

I was about 10 rows behind the girl Bret was teasing. I couldn't hear what was said, but I do remember that when Bret "called security" on her, security did in fact come. So I think the guys were laughing about that and trying to wave off the security guard who was obviously not in on the joke. I felt very sorry for that poor girl!

SimplySonia
New arrival

Postby SimplySonia » Thu May 07, 2009 12:12 am

Hey everyone. I'm Sonia and I just thought I'd post to share a link to my FotC experience at my Livejournal. My Brosef & I attended our first ever show last week; I'm really wishing it was last Wednesday again :D

Anyways, we had a GREAT time so there's a very long, very texty entry, broken up by some random, crappy, b&w tagged photos we took & YouTube vids I found from the shows, thanks to these forums! Plus, my brother and I got to meet Eugene Mirman, Bret, & Jemaine afterwards so I talked about that too.

So if anyone thinks they might be interested: HERE IT IS

there ya go! Hope this wasn't out-of-order for me to post. And thank you guys for all the great links and information you've posted here! I was able to find the setlist for the show cause I have a horrible memory for stuff like that, and the YT vids :)
*icon credit: photo by me, icon by JeanaMarie*

http://www.kellanmedia.com

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 07, 2009 12:35 am

Hi Sonia! I've read about this show and seen pics at a couple of other places, but I LOVED reading your account! :D Your excitement shines through and I can relate, as it's how I felt for our show.

Your pic with Jemaine is.....*sigh*......lovely. :) I loved watching your vid of Bret's Day, too, as it was very clear. Thanks! How cool that Bret came out and fed everyone?? :clap: Ooo, and very cool to see your bro lurking behind J&E, lol!

Of course it's not out of order for you to post! Post some more! Check out the other gig threads.....and all of the other info here. :D
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu May 07, 2009 1:41 am

Hi Sonia! :welcome: I really enjoyed reading your livejournal entry. A fan review beats a reporter's review anyday!

J: Have you got any good texts out there, sir? Any good TEXT messages?

Ahahaha! <3

And the part about John Wesley Harding taking that photo made me laugh too.

That was really sweet of Bret to bring fruit for all the fans. I remember seeing a video of him bringing chocolate for everyone once. Great photos, btw! You probably already mentioned it in your post but what kind of camera do you have? I'm wondering because I have a Nikon Coolpix S4 that's a few years old but takes pretty decent photos. My sister has a Nikon D40 that I really want to use for the show but I have no idea how I am going to sneak it in.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SimplySonia
New arrival

Postby SimplySonia » Thu May 07, 2009 3:09 am

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

Laura, the videos in my post on LJ aren't mine. I was too scared to try videoing any of the show, but I found them on YouTube through links I saw here at the board :) But I was SO excited to find that video of "Bret's Day" since it's my favorite song. I was so giddy this whole past week cuz of the gig. We had such a great time.

vmh, the camera we have is a Nikon Coolpix S550 or 550S, not totes sure which way it goes. It's very slim and sleek and if I had wanted to take it in my pocket, I totally could have. Come to think of it, this is the first time in a LONG time I didn't get patted down, have a wand passed over me, or had anyone ask to go through my bag by security.

I wouldn't recommend taking large, professional looking cameras. A dude 2 rows ahead of us took his out and got busted almost right away. The rest of us, though, somehow went unnoticed :wink: BLESS the Nikon for not having long lasting red lights, and we also didn't use our flash. My brother has a great steady hand, though, so he was able to snap some really cool pix after putting the ISO setting as high as we could.
*icon credit: photo by me, icon by JeanaMarie*

http://www.kellanmedia.com

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 07, 2009 4:24 am

I taped over my flash and my little red light! I even used felt over the lcd screen.....
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu May 07, 2009 4:29 am

LauraK wrote:I taped over my flash and my little red light! I even used felt over the lcd screen.....

You guys should've seen it. It was a work of art how she had it all done up so it wouldn't be a distraction. Did the guys proud :D Mine - on the other hand - looked like felt and scotch tape mugged my camera...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu May 07, 2009 4:53 am

i had to use Goo-Gone to get the sticky off where the felt had been..... :oops:
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu May 07, 2009 4:54 am

Still - it was gorgeous. Like nothing I'd ever seen!

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”