April 29 - Chicago (second of two shows)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: April 29 - Chicago (second of two shows)

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed May 20, 2009 1:38 am

[quote="LauraK"]

For a minute I thought you were a Jemainiac with your tiny-Bret and large Jem.....but then I noticed the shirt....hmmmmm :hrm: You're bi-Chordian, right? :D [quote]

Your first impression was correct, although I didn't size the photos that way on purpose. I love Bret, but more like a brother. I have quite un-brotherly feelings toward Jemaine...

My friend, Rick knew of my FotC obsession and knowing nothing about them except the Sugalumps vid on the internet, ordered the exact shirt that Bret was wearing, as a gift for my bday. (I guess Jemaine's green paint stained shirt didn't impress him.) Rick then suprised me with 5 tickets to the Chicago show and I made him go along, since my hubby would be out of town. Planned, no. Convenient, yes.

I try to keep my Jemainia low key. (nonchalant) My husband is a huge fan of the band and so tolerates most things FotC. He won't grow his sideburns long though.

I must say, that at the meet and greet, Bret made me swoon with his Tall, Dark, Handsomeness! I was not prepared for it, all clean and groomed and well dressed... So for about 10 minutes I was a Bretaholic. He was - mouth dropping gorgeous. Dang, now I get it.

Then Jemaine came out and I almost pushed Bret out of the way. (jk) Trying to keep it clean here, but that man... omg. How'd he magic my sanity away? Oh well. Lovin' it for now.

"Bi-Chordian" Hahaha! I love it. I guess just once in college, I mean Chicago.
Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 20, 2009 2:53 am

Lol! Yep, you're one of us. You're a WTFer now. :)

nonchalant obsession wrote: I have quite un-brotherly feelings toward Jemaine...

I'm there with you, girl....and so are half the women here! :lol:

The pic of Jemaine and I hugging is taped to the wall in the kitchen and it's my desktop. Tom's been good about it....he loves em too, but in a heterosexual way. :D

Check out the Detroit thread- they both personalized a pic of my son, too, along with other stuff I asked to have signed. I cannot go on enough about how sweet, kind, down-to-earth and gracious these men are. We're some lucky fans. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed May 20, 2009 3:23 am

Check out the Detroit thread- they both personalized a pic of my son, too, along with other stuff I asked to have signed. I cannot go on enough about how sweet, kind, down-to-earth and gracious these men are. We're some lucky fans.

LauraK: I did check out the Detroit thread, thanks. Awww. Your account of the evening was fantastic. Makes me love the guys even more. (whispering: Is that physically possible?) Thank you for being so welcoming on the site. It is amazing to meet people who totally get it, and to know that there are a lot of us! :D Now someone just has to give me some advice as to how to keep my normal life from getting in the way of my WTFing. Oh, reverse that. :wink:
Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 20, 2009 4:03 am

Now someone just has to give me some advice as to how to keep my normal life from getting in the way of my WTFing. Oh, reverse that.

I haven't found that way yet....:) Lmk if you do, k?

:lol:
ImageImage

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Wed May 20, 2009 8:13 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:My husband is a huge fan of the band and so tolerates most things FotC. He won't grow his sideburns long though.

Give it time, nonchalant.. :wink:

:welcome:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed May 20, 2009 8:31 pm

Amanda wrote:
nonchalant obsession wrote:My husband is a huge fan of the band and so tolerates most things FotC. He won't grow his sideburns long though.

Give it time, nonchalant.. :wink:

:welcome:

Ha! I will, believe me...

Thanks for the welcome, I am lovin' it here. A world exists that is full of witty, thoughtful, intelligent, articulate people who are just as crazy about all things FotC as I am. Oh, and not to mention the mother lode of b & j pix!

I've tried squinting my ears, but hubby has no accent yet.
Image..Image..Image

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Fri May 22, 2009 6:41 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:I try to keep my Jemainia low key. (nonchalant) My husband is a huge fan of the band and so tolerates most things FotC. He won't grow his sideburns long though.

I think having this forum as an outlet really helps to keep my Jemainia under control. I can get it out of my system here and not annoy the living daylights out of my friends. My boyfriend is a huge fan too, and even offered to grow his sideburns long the other day. But then he changed his mind when he saw excited I got about the idea. :(

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 am

Well, before you know it you'll have him wearing clothes from the 70's and growing a scruffy beard and keeping the lights very dim or off completely in the bedroom....
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri May 22, 2009 12:23 pm

LauraK wrote:Well, before you know it you'll have him wearing clothes from the 70's and growing a scruffy beard and keeping the lights very dim or off completely in the bedroom....

Hahahaha! Yes, ...don't talk, don't sing... perfect.

Eorious- I completely agree about how this forum helps "get it out of my system" so as not to annoy my friends! I have to try very hard not to mention them/quote shows/song lyrics in most conversations. I was a casual fan until the Chicago show and meet & greet, now I'm gone. 3 weeks and I still haven't returned to normal (not that I want to) but I do worry about the crash when I do.

(deep sigh as I close my eyes and remember April 29th and how J felt in my arms and how it felt to talk to him)
Image..Image..Image

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Fri May 22, 2009 7:14 pm

LauraK wrote:Well, before you know it you'll have him wearing clothes from the 70's and growing a scruffy beard and keeping the lights very dim or off completely in the bedroom....

:nod:

nonchalant obsession wrote:Hahahaha! Yes, ...don't talk, don't sing... perfect.

:rolls:

nonchalant obsession wrote:(deep sigh as I close my eyes and remember April 29th and how J felt in my arms and how it felt to talk to him)

Change the date for April 22nd and it's me.. Image
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Fri May 22, 2009 7:37 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Hahahaha! Yes, ...don't talk, don't sing... perfect.

That's just too funny! :roll2: Well actually, he's already got that scruffy beard, shaggy hair, generally unkempt Kiwi look about him. So I guess I'm a pretty lucky girl. :love:

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Fri May 22, 2009 7:58 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Eorious- I completely agree about how this forum helps "get it out of my system" so as not to annoy my friends! I have to try very hard not to mention them/quote shows/song lyrics in most conversations. I was a casual fan until the Chicago show and meet & greet, now I'm gone.

Oh good lord, you mean if I meet them I'll become even more obsessed? :worry: I didn't think that was possible. Maybe for my own safety I should head straight back to the hotel after tomorrow night's show. :lol:

I completely understand what you're saying about how hard it is not to mention them in conversations. Several times a day at least I have to bite my tongue so as not to spout out lyrics. Everything I hear these days seems to be related to a FOTC song. :rolleyes:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 22, 2009 9:25 pm

Maybe for my own safety I should head straight back to the hotel after tomorrow night's show.
:tsk: Don't you dare! You march over to where the buses are and you meet them, missy! :lol: :yawinkle:

Trust me, you won't make a fool of yourself or say anything silly.....you might feel all conscious thought slide out of your ears when they're standing there looking at you...talking to you..... :shock: But you'll reach down deep and pull up something polite to say....maybe you'll keep it together really well and ask a great question! It's so easy to come up with them before and after... :oops:
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri May 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Eorious:
Oh good lord, you mean if I meet them I'll become even more obsessed? :worry: I didn't think that was possible. Maybe for my own safety I should head straight back to the hotel after tomorrow night's show. :lol:

Oh you have to try. It's too much fun and you will always have that "happy place" in your thoughts to go to. I do agree with LauraK, try to have something planned to say, because if they have the time, you may find yourself standing there talking with them. I never in a million years thought I would need to be prepared to actually speak with Jemaine, but there I was. He had talked to everyone and all the pix were done and we (Jemaine and I) were just standing there kinda watching everyone and duh, all I could think to ask was about his trip that night and touring and how this was compared to the last tour... Arggghghhgh, so much I would say/ask if I could go back. :bang:

I was so hopeful for the meet & greet but really didn't believe it would actually happen. I would have been just as happy if they were too tired to come out and meet us all. And a lot of fans never get the chance, so you better go for it! They are seriously SO kind and friendly that you won't believe it. Not to mention even more attractive in person. Both - So tall, so dark, so handsome, so unrushed and without even a hint of conceit or superiority. I was expecting rushed signatures from behind a baricade, without much more than a glance or a "hello". It was so casual and relaxed (at least in Chicago) and both of them together, Bret sharing fruit... was I dreaming?

(goes to check pictures to make sure it was real) :yay:
Image..Image..Image

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri May 22, 2009 10:47 pm

eorious: Well actually, he's already got that scruffy beard, shaggy hair, generally unkempt Kiwi look about him. So I guess I'm a pretty lucky girl. :love:

Sounds like you are a lucky girl!

Have a great time at the show, I am so happy for you and more than a little jealous! Take lots of pictures, and come back here and spill everything as soon as you can! Is your scruffy, unkept faux-Kiwi going to the show with you?
Image..Image..Image

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”