May 2nd - Milwaukee, Wisconsin (early and late shows)

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: May 2nd - Milwaukee, Wisconsin (early and late shows)

Postby LauraK » Sun May 03, 2009 5:35 pm

Are you ok? Good delirious, I hope? :hug:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Sun May 03, 2009 5:38 pm

O.K., 4everconchords is scouring the net for pictures so I'll start posting the set lists

I got a speeding ticket driving into the show so I came in during Stana,

so I missed
Too Many Dicks
Hurt Feelings
Stana
-hecklers and Jemaine something like your not at a frat party
Choir of Ex Girlfriends
-introducing Nigel who was wearing his dad's pants
Jenny
I Told You I Was Freaky
-Bret talked about a barfight at Shakers with 30 people, they were afraid to leave, Jemaine said that it was probably a set up from the bar owners so they'd stay there and buy more drinks
I'm Not Crying
Motha'ukas
-someone asked Jemaine to show us the bird, and he did quite nicely (the flapping bird that is)
-I can't remember when but someone yelled out Play Sexy Flower, to Bret, boy I wish he would have sang that, did anyone get that song during a show???
Bus Driver Song
Most Beautiful Girl
-banter about Bowie/Tina Turner
Bowies in Space
-Jemaine talks about his Rockin' Glockenspiel and takes his little rubber mallets and hits them together before starting to play
If That's What You're Into (Jemaine goofed up a little, it was cute)
Same Girl/Sugarlumps
encores: --- in vivid spandex --- :shock: :shock: :shock:
Demon Woman
Foux Da Fa Fa
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Sun May 03, 2009 5:40 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Whambi wrote:However when they were leaving the stage Jemaine had on a blue sequined thong.
A thong over the gold pants? I certainly hope so but am suprised by his modesty. I don't know.... I didn't really laugh and I don't find Jem's ensemble sixy so ATM my reaction is pretty much :shock: and :puzzled:

No the thong was peeking out from under the gold lame pants, I think only the left side caught it
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Sun May 03, 2009 5:55 pm

They delayed the 10pm show because there was a line going around the block with people still picking up will call tickets, me included, so security came out at 10:10 and said the show won't start until everyone is inside. I thought that was very kind of them

Too Many Dicks
Hurt Feelings
-banter about BJ's Bret got 40, Jemaine only 27
Bret's Day
-someone yelled that they bought a shirt, Jem said thanks that will finance this show then more people start yelling and Jem says we have a microphone and they didn't give them to everyone for a reason
Pepileptic Dogs...they had a major flub, but kept going on with it, really funny
-the usual shout out, where is Murray, Bret said he's with Snoopy and Jabba the Hut then Jemaine says it would just be like seeing Drew Barrymore on the street and saying Where is ET?
(I wrote down, you're so hot heckle, but I can't remember what that was about :doh:
Most Beautiful Girl
-heckler said something neither could understand, Jem says it sounds like you are saying X..O...C.. or some kind of binary code, told hecklers to put their heckles in writing to the New Zealand post
Stana
-banter about issues
THink About It
Motha'ukas
Kiss Is Not a Contract
I Told You I Was Freaky
Jenny
-hecklers Jem said something like you sing better cause you are drunker...sorry can't read my own notes
-Jem played next song in ROCK #2, he went thru all the settings
Choir of Ex Girlfriends
Same Girl./Sugalumps

encores
Demon Woman
Business Time

check out time gotta run!

trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby trefusis » Sun May 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Don't get on here much right now but had to comment on the photos... those are some outfits, all right :rolls:
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

Weez85
New arrival

Postby Weez85 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:11 pm

I posted this already in the general tour thread, but thought I might as well post it here:

The two Milwaukee shows both seemed a bit truncated, but that's to be expected. I'm glad I went to both. We got Stana, Jenny, Mutha 'Uckas, Most Beautiful Girl in The Room, Too Many Dicks, Fell In Love/Sugalumps, Carol Brown and Demon woman at both shows, but the rest were all different. They were a little light on season 1 material but that wasn't much of a surprise (even though I would have preferred some more). First encore was Demon Woman with Foux da Fafa, second was Demon Woman with Business Time.

After the 10 PM show the guys apparently snuck onto the bus while we were waiting and didn't sign anything or talk to anyone, but I guess that was to be expected after two shows and a show the following day. Overall I had a great time and so did the friend I was with. This was his first and second show, and my second and third.

Also of note, the hecklers were much more low key this time. Last year they were terrible but this time they were pretty respectful. Out of two shows, Bret only had to tell one guy to shut up. The others they made of fun but they never became problematic. My favorite moment of the night was when they decided to do the epileptic dog charity single and Bret completely ruined the lyrics and Jemaine tried to help and screwed them up even further. They had made fun of the people attending both shows by saying they were both basically the same, aside from Jemaine wearing different pants, but they declared this gigantic screw up as wholly different from the first show and any other shows they'd done on the tour thus far. Then they went right into the remix. Funny stuff.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun May 03, 2009 8:13 pm

Heh. Bret's feeding the unicorn Sugar Lumps.

Heh.

Sugalumps.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 04, 2009 12:47 am

OMG. I want to see video of this! Thanks, Weez85- and welcome! :D
ImageImage

Weez85
New arrival

Postby Weez85 » Mon May 04, 2009 1:26 am

I have all of Foux da Fafa on video but I have no idea how to get it off my phone. Video quality isn't great but it's audible. If I succeed I'll post it here.

AEW21
Lost but happy at sea

Postby AEW21 » Mon May 04, 2009 1:58 am

Event Staff told my friend the guys were "forbidden" to do a meet-and-greet by management, due to Milwaukee's growing swine flu (it's like three cases waay on the South Side) problem....

While Bret seemed a bit subdued in the early show, Jem seemed to be having a very good time. Though I thought it was cute--although he wasn't wearing a shirt, Jem was careful to always have the guitar in front of him. I don't think he was ready to do "full chest frontal" just yet!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 04, 2009 2:39 am

I meant to quote what I was hoping to see up there^^^^^^....big duh on me.... :oops:

Here is what I'd love to see video of:
Weez85 wrote:My favorite moment of the night was when they decided to do the epileptic dog charity single and Bret completely ruined the lyrics and Jemaine tried to help and screwed them up even further. They had made fun of the people attending both shows by saying they were both basically the same, aside from Jemaine wearing different pants, but they declared this gigantic screw up as wholly different from the first show and any other shows they'd done on the tour thus far. Then they went right into the remix. Funny stuff.
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon May 04, 2009 4:15 am

Thanks guys for the accounts of the show and setlists :D

So about that blue thong...yep you can see it peeking out a bit in the pic below:
Seriously, Jemaine is very brave to have done this :lol:

And how cool does Nigel look in this picture? 8)

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 04, 2009 4:39 am

They both look viry rock n' roll in those pictures.

Also, I love Jemaine's little chub there...viry endearing :)

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Mon May 04, 2009 4:49 am

Oh my dear Lord those outfits.... :lol: I am continually impressed by Jemaine's....ahem...sugalumps...to make such brave wardrobe choices. :D
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 04, 2009 4:50 am

I'm speechless in the face of such hilarious awesomeness. :prayer: :clap:

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”