May 16 - Red Rocks

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Red Rocks- May 16~ Anyone going? :)

Postby LauraK » Sun May 17, 2009 5:10 am

Was it for Sellotape that the lighting was so beautiful and ethereal? It was like heavenly light streaming from behind them.....

I just remembered something from our 11 pm show! Remember when they talked about how beautiful the theater was and at some point- they asked that the globe (way upp high on the ceiling) be lit? And they lit it? That was gorgeous! :)

I think they just showed Nigel playing his cello.....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 17, 2009 5:12 am

Oh, the posts...I gots me a mouth! :oops: I'm sure once the tour's over and my obsession lessens a bit (it will, right??) I'll slow down. Who's a Boom King? I'm a Boom King! You're a Boom King! :)
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun May 17, 2009 5:13 am

I do remember that! Was it for Sellotape or Bowie? I can't remember which now. It's all fading a bit, truth be told :(

And it's only been 3 weeks...man I'm so lame :lol:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun May 17, 2009 5:14 am

Okay - this with the deep blue right now almost HAS to be Albi...or I'm Not Crying...I don't know I'll see when a setlist pops up!

P.S. Did you get your copy of the 8 pm yet?

EDIT TO ADD: 99% sure it's Albi - Jemaine's not playing his guitar and the lighting is "small, yet cavernous"...just waiting for the rainbow lights now for final confirmation

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 17, 2009 5:16 am

Whoa! It just looked like a supernova onstage! Now it's all blue....you're better than me. I know Stana gets red but don't remember which color goes with which song....
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 17, 2009 5:17 am

Yup....8 pm show was pretty awesome!
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun May 17, 2009 5:33 am

Are they still performing? Everytime I click on that link, all I see is a blank square with a tiny red x in the upper corner. The webcam is totally not working for me.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Sun May 17, 2009 5:39 am

It's still going. Try a different browser if you can.

I'm curious how early people got there, for all the general admission seats. Musta been a mad house.

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Sun May 17, 2009 6:15 am

That webcam was awesome. I guess it ended with Albi ? with all the colors of the rainbow. What a cool venue. Is it their only outdoor one that they are doing on the tour.
That screen to the right was good for the nosebleed seats. Did all the shows have the big screens? There weren't any in Madison or Milwaukee. Just curious
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 17, 2009 6:17 am

I think the majority did have the big screens. :)
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 17, 2009 6:18 am

Awwww, seeing it all lit up and the stage being cleared off....I bet it was awesome being there. :)
ImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sun May 17, 2009 6:55 am

Here's another nice photo that Arj posted...

http://twitpic.com/5c4xl
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 17, 2009 7:02 am

I saw where he said that was his dressing room! Check this one-

Coolness......gettin ready in a cave!

I cannot wait to hear what they had to say about being there. :)
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun May 17, 2009 7:50 am

Wow! Sounds awesome! :thumb: Unfortunately I just logged in and I missed the webcam... maybe someone will put it up somewhere (I hope). We were joking in Portland about how we should just go to Denver... now I kind of wish we had! :lol: I have to admit I was doubtful about the suitability such a large venue - sounds like they pulled it off, though.

dustdevil
New arrival

Postby dustdevil » Sun May 17, 2009 8:39 am

OK, just got back. Fantastic show!! I'll try and post some more detailed thoughts tomorrow.

That's so cool that everyone was able to follow along with the webcam! (The bright lights were when they turned the house lights up so they could be scared by the size of the crowd.) Arj mentioned this on his twitter, but he did have us all flip him the bird to see if we could set a record for most people flipping the bird at once. Did that show up on the webcam?

I took my camera, but got up there and realized the batteries were dead, but we were pretty far back, so they wouldn't have been too great.

We saw Arj signing stuff and talking to people, and the buses were parked by our parking lot, and it looked like they were set up to do a meet and greet. We decided to continue on home, but it didn't look like too many folks were sticking around, so if they did do it, I imagine that the holdouts got some quality time with the guys.

I'll post more tomorrow.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”