May 23 - The Joint - Las Vegas

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
RubyRed
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: May 23 - The Joint - Las Vegas

Postby RubyRed » Tue May 26, 2009 4:15 am

When all the different pairs of underwear were thrown onstage (there were several) I remember someone yelling out, "Smell them!" And Jemaine answered, "Why? They're obviously brand new." And he said something about the underwear being tossed onstage too early, it would have given them something to look forward to later in the show.

M

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 26, 2009 4:15 am

I'm with Ms. Bird - you've gotta forgive yourself, Vanessa! I did the same thing (bumbled like an idiot around him) and I beat myself up over it for DAYS, but then I just had to let it go and chalk it up to first time jitters and that next time I would be cool as a cucumber :thumb: you will be too!

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Tue May 26, 2009 4:23 am

mockingbird wrote:
dandy lyons wrote:and stay away from strange women obsessed with Popeye's Chicken. :lol:

That's good advice, lol. I can't believe she thought you stole her chicken! :chick:

Damn! I missed my chance to finally use that emoticon! Goodonya, Mock! :)
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue May 26, 2009 4:31 am

Thanks - I was pretty excited, myself. :lol:

LSK
New arrival

Postby LSK » Tue May 26, 2009 5:23 am

I traveled from Orange County, CA for the show, one of many Californians that "invaded" Vegas this past weekend. I got shut out of tickets for the Los Angeles date, so Vegas it had to be!

I had hoped to photograph the show, like I had done with the Los Angeles/Orpheum date last May, but my name was missing from the photo pass list and alas, it was not to be again (being a concert photographer in L.A., this happens to me quite frequently). :/ Luckily, I showed up early in case this happened so I had time to put away my camera, as well as all the merch I bought. :)

So, I don't have any photos, but I did keep tabs on the setlist, which went as such (forgive me if I don't get all the titles correct):

Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor
Hurt Feelings
Stana
The Most Beautiful Girl (in the Room)
Robots
Jenny
Freebird / I Told You I Was Freekie
Not Crying
Mutha'uckas
Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros
Business Time
Song for Epileptic Dogs
We're Both in Love with a Sexy Lady / Sugalumps

Encore:
Albi the Racist Dragon
Bus Driver's Song
Leggy Blonde / A Kiss is Not a Contract
Bowie

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 26, 2009 5:39 am

:clap: Great recap of an amazing time, Vanessa!! I'm so anxious to see your pic with Jemaine! I know it's going to be great. Please don't beat yourself up over what you did or didn't say...it sounds like you made a bit of an impression....when you said he gave you a shy smile..... :love: *swoon* That's pretty awesome right there! :D
I bet every one of us who were lucky enough to meet him would like to go back in time and be cooler or say something else......c'est la vie! Next time, right? :D

LSK- oooooo, that would kill me if my name was supposed to be on there and it wasn't! Sorry about that. Thanks for the setlist- terrific bunch of songs, and all perfectly titled, btw. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 26, 2009 6:14 am

Ok, I'm just going to post 2 pics here from this show by a photographer from LV named Erik Kabik. The rest are in the prospective Bret and Jemaine photo threads. He got some really great shots. These are my faves:

:thud:

ImageImage

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Tue May 26, 2009 7:09 am

LauraK wrote: Great recap of an amazing time, Vanessa!! I'm so anxious to see your pic with Jemaine! I know it's going to be great.

Vanessa's pic with Jemaine is beyond awesome. I was so happy for you Vanessa, you two looked completely adorable together!! :couple:

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to write up my own recap yet. It will come soon. I had a really devastatingly bad experience on the trip home and I've just been too preoccupied with that to collect my thoughts.

But I had a blast hanging out with all the WTF!ers in Vegas! What a great bunch of people!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 26, 2009 7:19 am

Oh my gosh, eorious.....I hope you're all right..... :(
ImageImage

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Tue May 26, 2009 8:26 am

Bret looks like he needs to have a sleep.

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue May 26, 2009 12:30 pm

vmh wrote:First off, let me ask: How can one man transform a group of smart, grown women into a slew of bumbling, teenage girls?

After she got a photo with Jemaine, he turned to me and said, “Did you want anything?”

He turned to me and said, “Oh, I remember you…from before,” pointing to the spot where we were last standing.

I finally did speak to Jemaine,...

Jemaine looked too and said, “Well, I like it,” and then looked at me and gave a shy smile.

I'm shaking like a teenage girl just reading about it! What a great memory and thanks so much for sharing it with us! Oh, Jemaine... what a great guy. :clap: :D

I'm sure you will imagine several alternate responses to the first question Jemaine asked you... :love:
Image..Image..Image

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Tue May 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks for your recap vmh! I enjoyed reading that. Sorry to hear that your bus experience was horrible. Greyhound buses can be weird and scary. Your clip of Elaine on the train cracked me up. Glad to hear you got to meet Jemaine. That must have made it all worth it!! Isn't that wild that he recognized you?! He must have a good memory.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue May 26, 2009 4:30 pm

eorious wrote:I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to write up my own recap yet. It will come soon. I had a really devastatingly bad experience on the trip home and I've just been too preoccupied with that to collect my thoughts.

Oh, gosh! What happened? I hope everything is okay.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue May 26, 2009 4:41 pm

vmh wrote:
eorious wrote:I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to write up my own recap yet. It will come soon. I had a really devastatingly bad experience on the trip home and I've just been too preoccupied with that to collect my thoughts.

Oh, gosh! What happened? I hope everything is okay.

Come back to us girl, we'll help if we can. Sending prayers your way. :goodman:
Image..Image..Image

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Tue May 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Eeep! :pray:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”