Conchords 2009 tour stickers

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
momonica
New arrival

Conchords 2009 tour stickers

Postby momonica » Sun May 24, 2009 3:37 am

Hi all Conchord lovers!

im really sorry, but I'm new to what the folk so i don't really know what i'm doing :lol:

SO,ANYWAY,
i was just wondering if anyone could sell any stickers from the 2009 tour on ebay or something because i went
to the concert in Santa Barbara and was DYING to snag some stickers,
but they were all gone :cry:

so if any one could help me out,
that would be AMAZIN!

thankies!

Rhymnoserous
Giving the paper to the people

Re: CONCHORDS 2009 TOUR STICKERS

Postby Rhymnoserous » Sun May 24, 2009 4:44 am

I actually have an one of the white/clear doily FOTC stickers that I'd be willing to send you. I bought it for $2 at one of the Philly shows. I didn't even think about it at the time, but I really have nowhere good to put it since I won't ever stick things to my laptop or my car.

If you're interested but don't know what it looks like, I can send you a picture. You can have it for free, if you want. I'm not going to be using it and it'll likely just sit around in my room collecting dust unless I give it to someone who really wants one. Let me know! :D

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 24, 2009 5:06 am

8) Rhyme.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Cuse
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Cuse » Sun May 24, 2009 5:17 am

I'm wondering if momonica means the magnets and not the stickers. I know there was some confusion about that at the beginning of the tour.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 24, 2009 5:47 am

It's funny...my son and I were scrutinizing the stickers tonight. He took the sheet off the fridge and pointed to something small and said "what is that, mom?" So I looked...."a guitar pick!" Then we were pointing out the various things and what signifigance they had in the show: the cup....the goldfish....the bongos (he immediately went "Arf! Arf! Do the doggy bounce!") the cassette tape....etc. :) I'm glad I got them.

I'm still confused, Cuse. (That's not hard...) Were there actually stickers, as in sheets?? I never even looked at the tables as Kelly was sweet enough to get my stuff for me at the earlier show since we had tix for the 11 pm.
Obviously from what Rhyme has there were individual stickers.....I know I had originally thought the magnets were stickers. :oops:
ImageImage

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Sun May 24, 2009 5:55 am

Yep, there are stickers and then there are magnets. The magnets look like the poster that won the fan art contest while the sticker is round, white print on clear acetate. They were $2.00 each and were easy to miss since the white print on the white wax backing made them look like a stack of white round papers on the sales table. I put mine on a notebook I have; not the best quality picture but, here you go!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun May 24, 2009 6:15 am

:shock: I soooooo would have bought that!

That looks like the perfect thing to put your cup on when you have a tea party with your Nana....
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: Conchords 2009 tour stickers

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun May 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Oh, I want one. I must have one. My BFF and I have an inside joke about doilies and this would make me the undisputed victor! Thanks for the photo. I'm off to hunt...
Image..Image..Image

momonica
New arrival

Postby momonica » Sun May 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Cuse wrote:I'm wondering if momonica means the magnets and not the stickers. I know there was some confusion about that at the beginning of the tour.

haha actually i thought that both the magnet sheet and the doily were stickers.
i just wanted to get both :)

So, I'm really sorry I wasn't clear,
but i was wondering if anyone had BOTH the doily STICKER and the MAGNET sheet :lol:

I'm really sorry about the confusion :)

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun May 24, 2009 6:16 pm

Rhymnoserous wrote:I actually have an one of the white/clear doily FOTC stickers that I'd be willing to send you. I bought it for $2 at one of the Philly shows. I didn't even think about it at the time, but I really have nowhere good to put it since I won't ever stick things to my laptop or my car.

If you're interested but don't know what it looks like, I can send you a picture. You can have it for free, if you want. I'm not going to be using it and it'll likely just sit around in my room collecting dust unless I give it to someone who really wants one. Let me know! :D

I really want one! If you don't get any takers, Rhymnoserous, I would love to have it. Will pay, I insist. If you've already promised it to someone, no worries. I can contact one of the folkers headed to a concert, maybe. I looked a bit on the internet, with no success. I didn't see them at the show in Chicago or I would have picked it up, for sure! Doily! Ha!
Image..Image..Image

Rhymnoserous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Rhymnoserous » Fri May 29, 2009 1:52 pm

I just wanted to let you guys know I sent off the sticker to momonica. But if I ever somehow come across more, I'll let you guys know first!

helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby helgecko » Fri May 29, 2009 2:05 pm

Those stickers are beyond awesome! :D
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri May 29, 2009 11:55 pm

Rhymnoserous wrote:I just wanted to let you guys know I sent off the sticker to momonica. But if I ever somehow come across more, I'll let you guys know first!

Awww, you are the best! I'm sure she is lovin' it. I am gonna get almost the same effect with the photo.
Image..Image..Image

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Sat May 30, 2009 6:12 am

jillbean wrote:Yep, there are stickers and then there are magnets. The magnets look like the poster that won the fan art contest while the sticker is round, white print on clear acetate.

Oh my! I certainly don't remember seeing those. I wonder if that was based on something a fan gave them. If I knew how to tat (pretty sure that's what it's called) I would totally try to make that for real. It would be great to have a few of those lying around the house as coasters. :)

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat May 30, 2009 2:30 pm

I think it IS called tatting. My granny used to tat. (i miss her)

My bff makes so much fun of me because I have "fancy towels" in my bathroom and things like doilies from my gma displayed around. She would flip out if I would serve her a cup of tea on THAT doily!

One of her nicknames for me is in fact, "Fancy Doily". all true.

Hmmmmm. I think I even have Gma's tatting basket in my basement. I suppose I could learn... I remember as a child thinking how dangerous the needles looked. I hope tatting is not a "mans game".
Image..Image..Image

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”