Great idea for a thread! (Let's see how short I can keep this...) Some of my personal highlights include:Kent State
* Seeing Kristen Schaal live! (kicks self for not hanging around in the rain for an hour for the meet-and-greet) I think she's great.
* Watching the two fans in full robot costumes get up from their front-row seats and start dancing along to the Binary Solo. Even the guys were laughing!
* Getting yelled at by security for trying to take a decent picture during "Stana", and how my little brother refused to make eye contact with me for a good twenty minutes, like he was ashamed to know me or something.
* Spending 2 1/2 hours driving home in the pouring rain and managing not to drive off the road while arguing with Matthew.Detroit
* Learning the hard way that my dad has no sense of direction, turning an easy one-hour trip into an agonizing four-hour trip. "East 14 Mile Road is not West 14 Mile Road, Dad!"
* Meeting Kelly, the most generous and sweet concert date a guy could ask for. (Can't wait to puke on your shoes next week!) And Laura, her poor beleaguered husband, Ardy, and a couple of random people at the meet-and-greet - proof that internet people are not *all* crazy basement dwellers.
* Getting those FOTC magnets after the first show. Take that, Matthew!
* Having my moment of glory in front of 5,100+ people (paraphrased because no one has the f*cking audio):"Play whatever you want!"
Jemaine: "Play whatever we want? I don't think anyone's ever said that at a show before. Thank you, sir, I believe we will."
And the way Jemaine kept looking at me during the next song, as if to say "see what you've done?" Whenever I'm feeling down, I just think of that and laugh.
* Meeting Bret and explaining my games to him:"Oh, I know, you're not really the computer guy."
Bret: "Well, I do know how to use a computer."
* Then getting him to talk to Matthew on the phone to tell him to get a job. How many celebrities would do that for their fans?
* And our "sad" picture, made even funnier by the "sad face" lapel pin he was wearing.
* Jemaine, single-handedly making all those frustrating weeks of game-making totally worth it with the phrase, "I have the game on my laptop."
* Then getting him on the phone with Matthew as well, followed by our "prison photo". The guys were such good sports.
Crap, I was trying to keep this short. Oh, who cares.
So many great memories...