Sugalumps.......this is the remix

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Sugalumps.......this is the remix

Postby Whambi » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:22 pm

I know helgecko is undertaking a huge job making the ultimate tour video with all the best clips of all the songs, however I was thinking especially after looking at and being drawn back into SheWolf's signature that someone should make a mash-up of the best clips from all the Sugalumps videos. I think it would be a riot.......and probably one of the highest watched clips on YouTube! Unfortunately, being a techno-phobe I am unable to undertake this myself but I can lead you all to some great clips.

We all know the Toronto, Seattle, Minneapolis, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles clips are so clear and up close.

I'd like to add to the mash-up the last part of my 10pm video from Milwaukee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyyL6_Nd3Pk when Jemaine says to me "how dare you objectify me like that".....and I immediately pan my camera down to his sugalumps :worry:
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Re: Sugalumps.......this is the remix

Postby Corrine » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:54 pm

I think that's a great idea Whambi! I hadn't seen that sugalumps before. It's funny! Too bad the audio couldn't be better. Just like you, I'm a techno-phobe though. Raven and Ruby seem to be the talented ones around here...

RubyRed
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby RubyRed » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:59 pm

I have a friend that's a professional DJ (AND a Conchords fan)...if the audio were of good enough quality, he could probably make it happen.

M

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Whambi wrote:I'd like to add to the mash-up the last part of my 10pm video from Milwaukee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyyL6_Nd3Pk when Jemaine says to me "how dare you objectify me like that".....and I immediately pan my camera down to his sugalumps :worry:

This would have been me if I had had those seats: :woohoo:

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:38 am

RubyRed wrote:I have a friend that's a professional DJ (AND a Conchords fan)...if the audio were of good enough quality, he could probably make it happen.

M

I found a better audio clip, RubyRed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZLdkeMUC18 I hope it works for you :pray:
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......

ravenhpltc24
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:12 am

Hmm, it would be pretty neat to have a mash-up of all the best Sugalump dancing... should we have just one straight audio track behind it? Or try to blend those too? Ruby, if your friend could make the track, I would very much look forward to putting the video together. :worry: This might be a bit difficult considering no live performance of Sugalumps is ever sung the same way at all...
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:09 pm

Coincidentally I've been saving every good Sugalumps vid I can find with the intention of burning them all to one disc. Not sure how to compile it in a way everyone can see it though and I wasn't planning on doing anything arty with it.
90% evil
ImageImage

bjp4444
New arrival

Postby bjp4444 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:43 pm

...what is my video, chopped liver? =)

just kidding around, but feel free to take from it if you would like. it's not the best quality (although i'm impressed the blackberry could do that), but pick away at your leisure.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:17 pm

what video?
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:27 pm

He did the Sugalumps video for the second Detroit show :D

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Hey bjp...I nominated you in the other thread!
(Even tho I had to choose Seattle for it's amazingness...)

But yeah, good bits from as many performances of Sugalumps would be great! (Asking permission of the videographers first, of course.) :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:28 pm

I've compiled a playlist of the Sugalumps performances in chronological order, but I can't find any for Orlando, Nashville, one of the Philadelphia shows, early Detroit show, Austin, Seattle (3rd night) and Portland. It's funny to see how they progress as they go from east coast to west coast.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... AC0FD2B3A9

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Oooh this is essential viewing. You are a goddess.
90% evil
ImageImage

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Whambi wrote:I've compiled a playlist of the Sugalumps performances in chronological order, but I can't find any for Orlando, Nashville, one of the Philadelphia shows, early Detroit show, Austin, Seattle (3rd night) and Portland. It's funny to see how they progress as they go from east coast to west coast.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... AC0FD2B3A9

Ooooh, thank you Whambi! A mash-up would be nice, but this is the next best thing. Thanks for putting that together. :D :clap:

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:19 am

Here is my attempt at a mash up of Sugalumps and other snippets of my favorite moments from this last tour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V58Pkthdww

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”