Meet and Greet Analysis

The place where all the 2009 North American Tour is now living. Gig threads, pre and post gig threads, meet and greets, the works. All found here.
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Re: Meet and Greet Analysis

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:45 pm

I waited for almost two hours after the Minneapolis show. According to reports, they either left early or were hanging out with Leonard Cohen. :?

mockingbird wrote:April 7 Coral Gables, FL
April 8 Orlando, FL
April 10 Nashville, TN
April 11 Atlanta, GA
April 13 Washington, DC - NO
April 14 New York City
April 15 New York City - NO
April 17 Boston, MA
April 18 Upper Darby, PA - YES 45 minutes, 125 people
April 19 Kent, OH Kent
April 21 Toronto - NO
April 22 Toronto - YES 25 minutes for Bret, an additional 20 minutes for Jemaine, 100 people
April 24 Detroit, MI YES! 30-40 min for Bret, then another 25-30 min for Jemaine. 40-45 people
April 25 Bloomington, IN
April 26 Madison WI - YES 25 minutes , 40 people
April 28 Chicago, IL - NO
April 29 Chicago, IL - YES 1 hour 20 minutes, 19 people
April 30 St Louis MO
May 2 Milwaukee - NO
May 3 Minneapolis - NO :(
May 5 Dallas, TX
May 6 Houston, TX
May 7 Austin - No
May 10 Vancouver, BC
May 11 Seattle, Wa
May 12 Seattle
May 13 Seattle
May 14 Portland, OR - YES About 1.5 hrs, and maybe 30 people*
May 16 Denver, CO
May 17 Salt Lake City, UT
May 19 Phoenix, AZ
May 20 San Diego, CA
May 22 Santa Barbara,
May 23 Las Vegas, NV YES Approx. 2 hours, approx. 20 people
May 24 Los Angeles, CA YES Approx. 3 hours, approx. 15 people
May 25 Berkley, CA - NO

*Bret came out for about 10 minutes, Jemaine stayed until everyone was done
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:56 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Vanessa- he only came out because he got wind that a fan had bought him a new "little Red" piano, so he wanted to get it, so he only came out and met with the fan with the piano and a couple others who caught him before he snuck back inside. I wouldn't call it a meet and greet either :)
Yis & I believe that was the case in SLC with Jemaine. There was no M&G but Jemaine was told that there were gifts waiting from a particular group so he met with them but no one else. I figure I'll fill those details into the list at the end as I don't believe anyone from this board went to that show.
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Sherry wrote:iirc there are lots of reports of meet or greets or not happening in the gig threads to fill in the gaps later on. Though I am sure you thought of that SW :) .
Yip that was my plan Sherry. I didn't feel like perusing every old thread to gather the info so I figured we could get the bulk of it done here and then go back and fill in the others.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:25 pm

SheWolf wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:Vanessa- he only came out because he got wind that a fan had bought him a new "little Red" piano, so he wanted to get it, so he only came out and met with the fan with the piano and a couple others who caught him before he snuck back inside. I wouldn't call it a meet and greet either :)
Yis & I believe that was the case in SLC with Jemaine. There was no M&G but Jemaine was told that there were gifts waiting from a particular group so he met with them but no one else. I figure I'll fill those details into the list at the end as I don't believe anyone from this board went to that show.

I helped with part of that gift. Just as a side note, Jemaine looked to be a mix of amused/impressed/horrified :lol:

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:57 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:I waited for almost two hours after the Minneapolis show. According to reports, they either left early or were hanging out with Leonard Cohen. :?

I'm sorry they didn't come out, mohumbhai, that's disappointing. :( BUT, they got to meet Leonard Cohen??? Wot wot wot???? Lucky guys! I'm so jealous!!

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:22 pm

I know! I thought it was be hard for them being in the same town as Leonard the day of their show, but if they either got to catch some of the show or meet him afterward, I totally understand!

As my husband put it, "they're probably fangeeks for him the way you are for them!" :D

well maybe not exactly...

I am bike-cheese!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:26 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

I helped with part of that gift. Just as a side note, Jemaine looked to be a mix of amused/impressed/horrified :lol:
I didn't see any horrified looks. I think he greatly appreciated it. :) There was a lot of luv in that quilt.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:47 pm

I definitely saw some horror, but maybe that's just my slight paranoia talking ;)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:12 pm

mohumbhai mania wrote:I know! I thought it was be hard for them being in the same town as Leonard the day of their show, but if they either got to catch some of the show or meet him afterward, I totally understand!

As my husband put it, "they're probably fangeeks for him the way you are for them!" :D

I do recall Jemaine saying about being a fan of his. Eons ago, but he liked his stuff.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:36 pm

Well I know for certain that there wasn't one in Boston or the first night in NYC so I'll add those now. Hey Carol - fill in the Nashville stuff would ya!!? I just perused the threads for a few dates of the tour so I've added yes and nos accordingly - after reading the Tampa thread I'm still not sure if there was an M&G but I think there was. :rolleyes:

April 6 Tampa - ?
April 7 Coral Gables, FL - YES
April 8 Orlando, FL - YES
April 10 Nashville, TN -YES
April 11 Atlanta, GA -YES
April 13 Washington, DC - NO
April 14 New York City - NO
April 17 Boston, MA - NO
April 19 Kent, OH Kent -YES
April 21 Toronto - NO
April 22 Toronto - YES 25 minutes for Bret, an additional 20 minutes for Jemaine, 100 people
April 24 Detroit, MI YES! 30-40 min for Bret, then another 25-30 min for Jemaine. 40-45 people
April 25 Bloomington, IN -YES
April 26 Madison WI - YES 25 minutes , 40 people
April 28 Chicago, IL - NO
April 29 Chicago, IL - YES 1 hour 20 minutes, 19 people
April 30 St Louis MO
May 2 Milwaukee - NO
May 3 Minneapolis - NO
May 5 Dallas, TX - NO
May 6 Houston, TX
May 7 Austin - No
May 10 Vancouver, BC - YES
May 11 Seattle, Wa
May 12 Seattle
May 13 Seattle
May 14 Portland, OR - YES About 1.5 hrs, and maybe 30 people*
May 16 Denver, CO - NO
May 17 Salt Lake City, UT - NO
May 19 Phoenix, AZ
May 20 San Diego, CA -NO
May 22 Santa Barbara, CA - NO
May 23 Las Vegas, NV YES Approx. 2 hours, approx. 20 people
May 24 Los Angeles, CA YES Approx. 3 hours, approx. 15 people
May 25 Berkley, CA - NO
90% evil
ImageImage

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:06 am

April 7 Coral Gables, FL
April 8 Orlando, FL
April 10 Nashville, TN - YES, 2+hours, 100-125 people?
April 11 Atlanta, GA
April 13 Washington, DC
April 14 New York City
April 17 Boston, MA
April 19 Kent, OH Kent
April 21 Toronto
April 22 Toronto
April 24 Detroit, MI
April 25 Bloomington, IN
April 26 Madison WI
April 28 Chicago, IL
April 29 Chicago
April 30 St Louis MO
May 2 Milwaukee
May 3 Minneapolis
May 5 Dallas, TX
May 6 Houston, TX
May 7 Austin
May 10 Vancouver, BC
May 11 Seattle, Wa
May 12 Seattle
May 13 Seattle
May 14 Portland, OR
May 16 Denver, CO
May 17 Salt Lake City, UT
May 19 Phoenix, AZ
May 20 San Diego, CA
May 22 Santa Barbara,
May 23 Las Vegas, NV
May 24 Los Angeles, CA
May 25 Berkley, CA - NO

Just got your email about this, SheWolf. See how quickly I comply when prompted? :yawinkle:
Not sure about the number of people. I just know there were a LOT of us in that alley--getting soaked for two hours as we waited! But it was well worth it.

I just realized that I didn't copy the Tampa date. Oops! A friend of mine went to the show in Tampa. For some reason, I'm thinking that there wasn't a meet and greet there. I could be wrong though.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:24 am

Sherry wrote:
mohumbhai mania wrote:I know! I thought it was be hard for them being in the same town as Leonard the day of their show, but if they either got to catch some of the show or meet him afterward, I totally understand!

I do recall Jemaine saying about being a fan of his. Eons ago, but he liked his stuff.

I recall one interview where they said their two musical influences were Leonard Cohen and the Muppets. :D

I am bike-cheese!

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:24 am

mohumbhai mania wrote:
Sherry wrote:

I recall one interview where they said their two musical influences were Leonard Cohen and the Muppets. :D

They would say something like that :lol:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:32 am

Hey SW.. I do remember hearing that there was NO M&G for ANY of the Texas shows. So if you wanted to mark no for Houston too..
ImageImageImageImage

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:22 am

I heard that as well,... I heard they went to see Snoop Dog after their Houston show. 8)
Image Image

Return to “2009 Tour Archives”