F of the C in your life

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: F of the C in your life

Postby Amanda » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 am

don't you have it in your iPod-type-thing, VMH?? What did you tell the guy? Did you ask him out :yawinkle: ?
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

songbird

Postby songbird » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:51 am

The other day I was doing a crossword puzzle, and one of the clues was: Chris _____'s "Wicked Game". So of course the first thing that comes to mind is Dave giving his list of things that women like, and Bret responding by saying, "He's right, he does know a lot about women." :lol:

Oh and I have another one...two good friends of mine have this little joke that they like to give each other random gifts when they find something that they need to get rid of. So we were all supposed to meet up yesterday, and I was with one of them, and she showed me that she got my other friend a biscuit (because she's dieting and she didn't want to eat it so she had to get rid of it). So of course when my other friend got there and was told that my friend got her a gift, she said, "Oh really?! What is it?" and of course I had to say, "Aw, is it a really big biscuit?!" :lol:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:15 am

vmh wrote:
Emafer wrote:OK, "Cheer Up Murray" TOTALLY cheered me up today :D:D:D:D

Oh and my family loves pie. It's really my dad that is the pie instigator. But we all love it. I mean, it IS the king of baked goods. If my mom doesn't make my dad pie he gets them from the market. I don't think that I've ever been to my parents house without there being a pie on the counter. So of course the whole time I'm at my folk's house I keep thinking "I like pie" hahahah. And every time my dad comes out with a bowl (yes a bowl) of pie with ice cream I sing, "I like piiiiiiie".

Speaking of pie, I went to House of Pies a few days ago. Sooo good! They had just about every kind of pie one could desire. Thanks for the recommendation, Em! :thumb:

SOOOOOOOO jealous! I could kill for a slice of Fresh Strawberry.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:15 am

Amanda wrote:don't you have it in your iPod-type-thing, VMH?? What did you tell the guy? Did you ask him out :yawinkle: ?

KSPC is old school. We don't have our music collection saved to a computer or anything so when a listener requests something, I have to go through our collection of CDs and records (all alphabetized, thank goodness!) to try to find it. It doesn't happen often but occasionally, some of the music gets stolen by other DJs which makes it even harder to find certain music. I usually just tell callers, "If it's in the library, I'll play it for them," but when he requested FOTC, I knew right off the bat that we didn't have it. I'm not sure why. We carry other artists from Sub Pop. It could be that the label never sent it to the station. I'm allowed to bring my own stuff in but I'm required to get it approved by the music director first and I think that's kind of a hassle.

Hahaha, I should have asked him out! Any guy that likes FOTC almost as much as I do is BF material.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:20 am

Emafer wrote:
vmh wrote:
Emafer wrote:OK, "Cheer Up Murray" TOTALLY cheered me up today :D:D:D:D

Oh and my family loves pie. It's really my dad that is the pie instigator. But we all love it. I mean, it IS the king of baked goods. If my mom doesn't make my dad pie he gets them from the market. I don't think that I've ever been to my parents house without there being a pie on the counter. So of course the whole time I'm at my folk's house I keep thinking "I like pie" hahahah. And every time my dad comes out with a bowl (yes a bowl) of pie with ice cream I sing, "I like piiiiiiie".

Speaking of pie, I went to House of Pies a few days ago. Sooo good! They had just about every kind of pie one could desire. Thanks for the recommendation, Em! :thumb:

SOOOOOOOO jealous! I could kill for a slice of Fresh Strawberry.

Next time you're in town, let me know! I'll treat you to pie. :lol:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:12 am

mockingbird wrote:
Nancy wrote:Today I had to buy a new boom - all that sweeping the snow off the steps did the old one in. :roll:

Enough small boom, Nancy, just boom the boom. ;) :lol:

Best typo ever! :supz: :prayer: :clap:

There goes next year's campaign for most perfect-spelling member... :oops: I didn't catch it either.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Gracie
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Gracie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Oh Nancy, I really thought that was an intentional typo!

Anyway, I have this friend, who knows about my FOTC obsession and once drew a diagram of my brain space with at least half of occupied by F of the C & Figwit (which is his permanent name for Bret). The other day, he told me he saw the Figwit scene and he boasted that he "spread the word" on Figwit. And then he told me that he bought a ukulele and joked that he would join WIUO (except he called it the International New Zealand Ukulele Orchestra)!

This coming from a guy who has only ever watched one episode of FOTC (on a plane) and thought it was "OK", and thinks that Jemaine is "one helluva an ugly guy" and Bret is "marginally better".

I tried to rope him in to join WTF!, but he thought I was being facetious when I said there was a What The Folk! Imaginary Ukulele Orchestra. :lol:
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:24 am

Keep at it, Gracie! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:47 am

Gracie wrote:I tried to rope him in to join WTF!, but he thought I was being facetious when I said there was a What The Folk! Imaginary Ukulele Orchestra. :lol:

I've tried roping in a couple guys to come chat here. No such luck! It's surprisingly hard! :( Even the corn/call debate did not intrigue enough to warrant a visit! Shameful!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:07 am

Speaking of which, I used my "Genuine Corn" broom (with broom spelled correctly :wink: ) yesterday and today to keep the paths free of snow. So glad I didn't need a shovel!!!! :roll:

(I loved the corn/call debate :lol: )
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:23 am

I babysat my niece today and we were watching the Wiggles. It was about people from different parts of the world and Tim Finn was on there. He said he was from New Zealand or Aotearoa, The Land of the Long White Cloud, then he sang a song with them. I couldn't remember if it was him or Neil Finn that Brian kept calling on the BBC radio show. Pretty sure it was Neil.

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Yeah I think it was Neil too, Faith.

So I confessed my FOTC obsession and WTF activity to my husband some time ago and of course he gives me a bit of a hard time about it but just in fun. Anyway last night I was mad at him for something trivial and he turned to me and said "What the folk, LaDonna?!" :roll2: That pretty much ended my bad mood and and made me give him kisses.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:27 pm

:lol: Red. My hubby does the same thing...just out of nowhere he'll say, "what the folk!" Though I think he's mainly just annoyed with the whole FOTC/WTF thing. Ive actually stopped qouting the show so much, but we still say things like "TIXT, YIS, and WOT?" :lol:

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:33 pm

I bet our hubby's would get along, CJ! Ben's never seen an episode of the show so I get to quote away and he has no clue.

His band had a band meeting last night and he asked if I would mind sitting through it since we were already downtown together. I said I didn't mind as long as I got to call roll. He said ok and I could keep the minutes too. He didn't know why I thought that was so funny. :lol:
Last edited by Red on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:37 pm

:roll2: That's hysterical! My hubby has watched each episode exactly one time. He wont watch them again. I watch over and over and he always says "AGAIN!? Its NOT funny anymore!" :cross:

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”