F of the C in your life

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: F of the C in your life

Postby SheWolf » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:18 pm

I'd be interested to hear your take on Blister in the Sun. Gordon Gano's voice is so much a part of the Violent Femmes songs, I can't imagine them without it.

Ack, Nancy that Kodak advert is a real tear jerker. And it reminds of a recent ep of Breaking Amish were they talked about not having photos of themselves as children, which I thought was sad.
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Oh dear, that is so sad ... :tears:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:38 am

I miss them.

Jake and I quote them all the time but...I just miss them.

That is all.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:38 pm

90% evil
ImageImage

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Mock that is so cool. You look natural up on a stage.

Shewolf, yeah, that episode about no pictures was sad, and I cannot imagine my life without pics of favorite times, people and places!

And yeah, miss the lads too. I have noticed many guys wearing the Jemaine glasses lately, especially on tv. There was an ill-fated sitcom with the lead male Jemaine lookabitalike and he seemed to use the same humor. I only saw the promo's but never the show. guess it did not last.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Nancy, great idea. :D I bet it is gonna be beautiful and something to treasure.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:43 pm

I saw this music/art piece called "Dirty Baby" at the Walker Arts Center last week. It was Nels Cline (from Wilco and a million other things), slides from painter Ed Ruscha, and poet David Breskin.

The poetry was eye-rollingly annoying, but the paintings and Cline and his band were wonderful. A friend made a point to tell me - "the percussion guy? That's Danny Frankel. He played on the first Flight of the Conchords album." (He keeps track of those things for me. :D) Frankel was also an excellent drummer and percussionist, very inventive.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:32 am

I know FOTC once mentioned that the Young Ones were an inspiration for their TV show but I didn't realize, until I was recently rewatching a Young Ones episode, that there was a direct reference to it as well. :D

90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:27 pm

:lol: 8)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Last year Jemaine mentioned in a radio interview that he's spoken to Jack Black about a possible FOTC/Tenacious D US tour now Jack Black has revealed his plans for a comedy-rock festival:

Have you ever considered a sort of Blur/Oasis-style rivalry with Flight of the Conchords?
Black: We actually have been talking about joining forces, because we've always wanted to do a double bill. We're working on a festival, called Festival Supreme. It'll be a meeting of the minds. It's gonna be like Mount Rockmore, where you've got your Flight of the Conchords, your Lonely Island, your Tenacious D, your Zach Galifianakis, your Spinal Tap, your Eric Idle.
Really? Spinal Tap?
Black: Well, of course! I mean, we have to call them! Doesn't mean they're gonna say yes. Who else do you get, Kage?
Gass: Tim Minchin?
Black: You get your Tim Minchins. You get your Neil Hamburgers. You get your Tim and Erics. You take your Mr. Shows – they've got incredible songs. Get your dudes from South Park, Matt and Trey.
Gass: It's just a fuckin' Super Bowl of comedy-rock.
Have you considered venues yet?
Black: We're talkin' about Santa Monica Pier. In October.
Is that date nailed down?
Black: Yeah, it is.
And . . .
Black: October 19th. Circle that in your calendar. Now there's no guarantee who's gonna be on the bill – it might just be Tenacious D and Weird Al. But that's a long ways off. And the D is coming to a town near you, and you don't wanna miss the old-schoolness of me and KG, because it's boner-riffic.

Source

Not that I would be able to make it, but any live gig with FOTC sounds really good to me. I don't know how seriously I should take this news though. :lol: Would anyone be interested in going to a festival like this if FOTC were on the line-up?
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 am

Hmmm... yes! :clap:

Venus

Postby Venus » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Looks like Festival Surpreme has been pushed back a little bit. ;)

Tenacious D is about to release its next record ("It will just have one song, but a very long song, and it's called Simply Jazz") and he is trying to organise "a rock comedy summit" called Festival Supreme, which will take place in LA next May, hopefully featuring the Lonely Island, Flight of the Conchords, Spinal Tap and Tenacious D, as well as Zach Galifinakis on keyboards and Jason Segel on the piano.

"I was also thinking of throwing in the Hoff – but just one song, though. Just one," he muses. And then, at last, he makes a long cackle.

Source

ETA: Now the original date of 19th October Saturday 19th October has been locked in. :)
&

Venus

Postby Venus » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:47 pm

As someone mentioned on our FB page, Tenacious D have announced the line-up of Festival Supreme and unfortunately FOTC aren't on the line-up. Bret, Jemaine and Taika actually went to Tenacious D's gig in Wellington a couple of weeks ago. No doubt Bret & Jemaine were approached about it so perhaps they can't make it due to scheduling conflicts. The line-up is pretty good but obviously would be much better if FOTC were on there. ;) You can see the current line-up here.
&

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:23 pm

We had diversity training, and one of the resources suggested by the trainer for further enlightenment was "Whale Rider". I watched something else instead, and sent her Taika Waititi's filmography, an interview with him about Maoris in movies, and descriptions of a couple of FoTC episodes.

We'll see soon if Albi the Racist Dragon resonates with her. *cackles*
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”