You know you're obsessed with FOTC when...

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: You know you're obsessed with FOTC when...

Postby LauraK » Mon May 04, 2009 5:51 pm

biscuit wrote:Me, flicking through some jumpers or whatever: Do you fancy any of these?
Her: Give me a small man's wetsuit, please!
:lol:

That's awesome, Biscuit. :D

Yes, vmh, I believe I've earned my Doctorate in Advanced Sugalumps. :blush:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon May 04, 2009 7:41 pm

Course Description: FOTC 216: Advanced Sugalumps

Prerequisite: FOTC 215: Intermediate Sugalumps

Survey of various dance techniques as seen through Sugalumps. In-depth analysis through live and professional recordings. Emphasis on seminar discussions concerning gender and sexuality in modern society.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Ratashak
Keeping it funky

Postby Ratashak » Mon May 04, 2009 11:38 pm

I'd like to be the teaching assistant for the sugalumps course, please.

I know I'm an obsessed fan because...

...I used an FOTC quote today in my freshman/sophomore biology class "conditions are perfect" when discussing when certain populations in a species may reproduce asexually, not because I couldn't use a different phrase, nor that I wanted to have anyone catch the oxymoronic nature of its use in comparison with the context of the song, but because it made me happy to be thinking those things!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 04, 2009 11:53 pm

:clap:
ImageImage

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Tue May 05, 2009 2:15 am

Ratashak wrote:...I used an FOTC quote today in my freshman/sophomore biology class "conditions are perfect" when discussing when certain populations in a species may reproduce asexually, not because I couldn't use a different phrase, nor that I wanted to have anyone catch the oxymoronic nature of its use in comparison with the context of the song, but because it made me happy to be thinking those things!

That's great, it must have made you smile inside!

Ratashak
Keeping it funky

Postby Ratashak » Tue May 05, 2009 10:13 pm

yes, smiling inside and outside. The kids didn't know the difference, I smile all the time when teaching--I like it! So, it was my little secret why I was smiling this time. Anything to get through the last month of school!!! :bang:

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Tue May 05, 2009 11:58 pm

Well at least you can look forward to getting the summer off! I'm always with my teacher friends about that.

The kids ask what's for dinner, and you (looking at your empty refrigerator) sing...

..."we can eat cereal...."

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Thu May 07, 2009 5:45 am

When you are low on food, and you say...I need to take a "voyage a la supermarche".

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu May 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Ratashak wrote:...I used an FOTC quote today in my freshman/sophomore biology class "conditions are perfect" when discussing when certain populations in a species may reproduce asexually, not because I couldn't use a different phrase, nor that I wanted to have anyone catch the oxymoronic nature of its use in comparison with the context of the song, but because it made me happy to be thinking those things!

That's hilarious - I'm picturing little amoebas wearing business socks on Wednesday. :lol:

My daughter always wants me to make up stories about Hello Kitty at bedtime, and I usually involve a monster who lives in "a very dark, and very scary cave." :D (HK gives the monster lollipops and they end up being friends and going shopping together.)

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Fri May 08, 2009 2:54 am

The other night when my sister told me she was going to a party, i warned her: "make sure you know, before you go, the dancefloor bro-hoe ratio"
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Fri May 08, 2009 2:57 am

The bro-ho ratio quote cracks me up every time. :lol: I wonder which one of them thought that up.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri May 08, 2009 3:30 am

Fun fact: When I first heard the song I thought they said 'Make sure you know before you go the desperate bro - ho ratio as in...desperate bros :lol:

You know you're obsessed when:

--You teach your 2 year old to say "Albi" and he runs around screaming "Albi" at the top of his lungs and you just giggle with utter delight.

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Fri May 08, 2009 5:39 am

It's hard not to giggle when the kids say things. Tonight, my 10 year old and I watched a bunch of FOTC songs on the computer. Her favorites are "Crying", "Leggy Blonde", "Rhymenocerous" and "Boom King" It's a fun way to bond (although I still don't let her watch everything yet), and I suppose it's a way to feed the addiction and spend time with the kids at the same time.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri May 08, 2009 5:55 am

:supz: Me andmy 10 yr old also bond over the Conchords. Sometimes slightly inappropriate, always awesome. 8)

I didn't read him a story tonight....we sang some songs. :)

Jake: "Saw a man lying in the street half dead....with knives and forks sticking out of his leg
he said........Ahhhh owww oowwww owwwwwwwwwwwwwww owwwwwwwwww owwwwwwwww.....
could somebody get that knife and fork outta my leg please?"

Laura: "Could somebody please
remove these
cutleries
from my knees..."
:lol:
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri May 08, 2009 6:19 am

Ratashak wrote:...I used an FOTC quote today in my freshman/sophomore biology class "conditions are perfect" when discussing when certain populations in a species may reproduce asexually

Ratashak - I know I already commented on this but it has been making me giggle all day. "Conditions are perfect for asexual reproduction..." :lol: Just not the same, is it?

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”