Date For New Album Announced by SubPop

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Date For New Album Announced by SubPop

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:12 am

This article came from subpop.com:

SUB POP BLOG
Flight of the Conchords vs. The Emmys

The Flight of the Conchords have been nominated for 6 Emmys! And not for weird s*** like best grip in an hour long docudrama. Oh no, they’ve been nominated for some real deal stuff like “Outstanding Comedy Series” and “Outstanding Lead Actor.” And perhaps most exciting for us here at Sub Pop “Outstanding Original Music Composition” for their song “Carol Brown” (which I should point out is currently available on Itunes and will also be included on their new album which will come out October 20th.)

Here’s the whole list of what they’ve been nominated for:
Outstanding Comedy Series
Outstanding Director
Outstanding Lead Actor
Outstanding original music for “Carol Brown”
Outstanding Sound Mixing
Outstanding Writing

So a hearty and public congratulations from all of us at Sub Pop to the Flight of the Conchords team and all our friends at HBO. Well done!
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Date For New Album Announced by SubPop

Postby deliriumtree » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:56 am

Horray!!! Even though I knew it had been delayed, officially, being the worry wart that I am I was worried they were just going to just blow it off. I know we're supposed to be all foop-ity-do about digital downloading and stuff, but I still prefer real albums that you can actually hold and put on a nice wicker shelf.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:09 am

Goody goody gumdrops! I feel like a kid in a candy store. S2 and Diagnosis Death will keep me busy in August. September will be filled with Emmy madness and Gentlemen Bronco news. October is when the album drops. I'm pretty much set for the next three months.

::reclines in chair and breathes a sigh of relief::
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:52 am

I just hope the delay was caused by the guys wanting to make the best album they could and not the usual legal crap. I want to be able to forgive them when October 20th rolls around. :)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:45 am

This had been posted in the active thread for the album. However I'll let this stand and merge it later on.

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”