August, so freaky

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: August, so freaky

Postby LauraK » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:29 pm

ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Ozpot » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:50 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Now your covered in money, honey. :D
All freaky gifs by Chanterais.

My favourite part. :blush:
ImageImage

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:04 pm

Saw the title of this thread and had to come check it out!
Today is my birthday! Glad to see I'm keeping company with some great August celebrators here!

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Carol wrote:Saw the title of this thread and had to come check it out!
Today is my birthday! Glad to see I'm keeping company with some great August celebrators here!

Happy birthday, Carol! :D I hope you have a very freaky birthday. :waggle:
ImageImage

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Happy birthday, Carol. I had no idea there were so many August birthdays around here. :)

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:03 pm

Val2150 wrote:
Faith wrote:
nonchalant obsession wrote:Freaky.

I don't why, but his opening and closing of that cape always makes me laugh.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :roll2:

OMG you girls crack me up. I too love the Bret cape action - see my avatar. :D

You're the one I saw who had the cape gif as an avatar. I knew I had seen it around here somewhere.

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:05 pm

I did not include this tidbit in my gig report, but this is the only song I mentioned to Bret at the meet'n'greet. It was kind of odd considering all of the great songs they performed that night, but Freaky is one of my guilty pleasures. ( Although I don't feel all that guilty about it :wink:) My time with Bret was nearly over, so at the last second I said, "I'm really glad you guys did Freaky. I like it a lot, it reminds me of Prince." Bret furrowed his brow thoughtfully and said, "Oh yeah, we're big fans."

After hearing that, I was completely :love: because Prince is my absolute favorite! I'm a big enough dork to mention Prince any chance I get, so it's nice to get a positive response every once in a while. :lol:

And Happy Happy Birthday to you, Carol! :supz:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:08 pm

As a Jemainiac the definitive version of this song to me is the original version I heard on tour last year, when it was Jemaine-centric and it was he who was taking the month of August off. :waggle: :doomed:
90% evil
ImageImage

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:20 pm

DaMango wrote:I did not include this tidbit in my gig report, but this is the only song I mentioned to Bret at the meet'n'greet. It was kind of odd considering all of the great songs they performed that night, but Freaky is one of my guilty pleasures. ( Although I don't feel all that guilty about it :wink:) My time with Bret was nearly over, so at the last second I said, "I'm really glad you guys did Freaky. I like it a lot, it reminds me of Prince." Bret furrowed his brow thoughtfully and said, "Oh yeah, we're big fans."

After hearing that, I was completely :love: because Prince is my absolute favorite! I'm a big enough dork to mention Prince any chance I get, so it's nice to get a positive response every once in a while. :lol:

And Happy Happy Birthday to you, Carol! :supz:

That's so awesome! :D I'm a huge Prince fan, too. I don't know why, I just find his music to be amazing. :P

I do like Jemaine's bit at the end of the song, being a Jemainiac and all. :waggle:
He can be dressed in snake skin in my kitchen making love to my cake tin any day. :blush:
ImageImage

DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby DaMango » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Ooo wee! Jem and Bret taking the month off! August just got a little hotter. :P

Or maybe Jemaine took last August off, so it's Bret's turn this year?

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Aww, let them both have the month off, they deserve it. I've got plenty of cake tins to go around, and I rarely bake in any of them. :snakeman: :nod:

I wonder if there are any videos of Jemaine singing that song last year? I would love to hear that. :waggle:

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:39 pm

DaMango wrote:I did not include this tidbit in my gig report, but this is the only song I mentioned to Bret at the meet'n'greet. It was kind of odd considering all of the great songs they performed that night, but Freaky is one of my guilty pleasures. ( Although I don't feel all that guilty about it :wink:) My time with Bret was nearly over, so at the last second I said, "I'm really glad you guys did Freaky. I like it a lot, it reminds me of Prince." Bret furrowed his brow thoughtfully and said, "Oh yeah, we're big fans."

DaMango. That's great what you said to Bret. Have we seen your pictures?

I saw Prince live in concert and it was HOT! You talk about freaky. He wrote the book! Love Prince.

SheWolf: I didn't know that "Freaky" had been around before Season 2. I guess I assumed it was written for the show. That's awesome. Same lyrics? What other songs did they sing last tour? I think I've seen youtubes of Carol Brown and Angels prior to S2.
Image..Image..Image

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:09 am

I wouldn't say it was Jemaine-centric SW, but he did have a bigger part.

Nonch: They previewed Freaky and Carol Brown on tour last year. As follows is the very first time it was played live (and the version SW and myself saw). :) Lots of line forgettage and bloopers ahead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV5OUCIiPIw It was a real treat to see how it evolved during the tour and then the final version. Good times. :)
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:23 am

:shock: :heart: :waggle: Oh, Bret. Your innocent face and your dirty mouth! :waggle: That was great Sully. Were you anywhere near when The Freaky One hopped down into the audience?

Now I have, "I can't smile without you" stuck in my head. :rolls:
Image..Image..Image

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:34 am

nonchalant obsession wrote::shock: :heart: :waggle: Oh, Bret. Your innocent face and your dirty mouth! :waggle: That was great Sully. Were you anywhere near when The Freaky One hopped down into the audience?

Now I have, "I can't smile without you" stuck in my head. :rolls:

Just as close as you saw in the video. Which was pretty close, but still so far... And Manilow? Noooo... That was Wham! my friend. Have another listen. :wink:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”