I Told You I Was Freaky nominated for a Grammy!!

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Re: I Told You I Was Freaky nominated for a Grammy!!

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 pm

I didn't watch the Grammys last year, but it looks like Best Comedy Album was part of the main show. And all the nominees were sitting in the audience! 8) (Weird Al!!! :lol: )

I can't see it happening, what with Bret filming in NZ and Jemaine....well, where is Jemaine? :dunno: But wow, it would have been really really really cool. :| Did I put too many really's? I don't think so.
Image..Image..Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Oh, was it 2009 that FOTC was last nominated? I know that category wasn't part of the main show whenever FOTC was nominated but it looks like it was last year so maybe it will be this year. Colbert's Xmas show was great, I didn't know there was an accompanying album.
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Ooh, so there's a good chance it will be televised this year then! It would be amazing if they both could make it but I suppose there's more of a chance of Jemaine being able to turn up (Men In Black 3 is due to resume filming in mid-Feb, right?) and maybe Bret could fly in and out purely for the ceremony. :dunno:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 pm

I love it when people recognize the Conchords awesomeness. :thumb: And I agree that this is the perfect excuse for a tour. Of America. ;)

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:11 am

Venus wrote:...and maybe Bret could fly in and out purely for the ceremony. :dunno:

He'd have to wear the mullet. :thumb: :bounce:

Crap. I'm starting to get my hopes up. just a little.
Image..Image..Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:49 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:He'd have to wear the mullet. :thumb: :bounce:

Oh yeah. :roll2:

Preparing for an upcoming special occasion(s)? ;) From the MisteR Menswear, NZ Facebook page:

Just another day at the MR office, sewing, cutting, designing...........and an email from Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords........he wants to wear our clothes :-)

World Famous in New Zealand :-) Yesterday we had Jemaine Clement wanting to be dressed by us and today its Rhys Darby knocking on our door! Bret McKenzie you're the only one missing! Where are ya???

Source

Rhys has worn suits by them before. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:59 am

Well, if it's in the televised section instead of the Schmammys (a la Kathy Griffin' s Schmemmies), I think it would be so cool if they were there.

My sense of time is shot - I thought they were nominated for last year's Grammys. :doh:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:01 pm

It's a strange cut off date. I Told You I Was Freaky was released Oct. 20, 2009. The recordings eligible for the 2011 Grammy nominations are those that were released between September 1, 2009, and September 30, 2010. I'm sure you assumed as I did that the 2011 awards would be for 2010 offerings. I remember being shocked when last years noms were announced because I thought the Conchords didn't even get a nod. :hrmpf: I guess last year the Grammys were held earlier, so the nominations were cut off early. This bunch reflects 13 months of eligible recordings. It's a freaky year, you might say... :wink:
Image..Image..Image

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Venus wrote:Preparing for an upcoming special occasion(s)? ;) From the MisteR Menswear, NZ Facebook page:
Just another day at the MR office, sewing, cutting, designing...........and an email from Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords........he wants to wear our clothes :-)

World Famous in New Zealand :-) Yesterday we had Jemaine Clement wanting to be dressed by us and today its Rhys Darby knocking on our door! Bret McKenzie you're the only one missing! Where are ya???

Source
Rhys has worn suits by them before. :)

I like their collection.

:hrm: Hmmm. Maybe try the grey suit on Jemaine....

And Bret gets the stripey socks. (of course)

I've been hunting for any list of the awards that will be televised live. So far I can only gather that 98 of the 109 will be given out in the afternoon. Maybe it's a fluid thing. They are still daily confirming who will perform at each show and present awards.
Image..Image..Image

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:09 am

The mullet and the beard together in one room may be too much for delicate sensibilities to handle.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:14 am

Red wrote:The mullet and the beard together in one room may be too much for delicate sensibilities to handle.

:roll2: I hadn't thought of that... they'd make quite a picture together, wouldn't they? ;)

I checked out their website too, lol. They have cool clothes. Except I firmly believe that no male over the age of 7 should wear a blazer and shorts, unless you're in AC/DC. :hrmpf:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:31 pm

The Dolphin Blazer is the coolest!

Summer 2010 is the latest collection? I thought designers designed collections ahead of time. Anyhoo, the model looks 16 and ambiguously sexed. Jemaine is neither of those :P But I do love him in the gray suit. And I'm a sucker for a man in a dressy vest. Hmmmm...when are the Grammys?

Holy crapatronic look at this, Jemaine needs to wear this, with the red shirt and everything. It's amazing.
http://www.facebook.com/mistermenswear# ... 1917487520
This is lovely too: :yawinkle:
http://www.facebook.com/mistermenswear# ... 1917487520
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:49 pm

mockingbird wrote:I agree that this is the perfect excuse for a tour. Of America. ;)
It would look something like this: "Sorry. Let's go on the road!"

90% evil
ImageImage

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Shewolf, that suit (cowboys & indians) would look great on Jemaine! I almost thought it was him until I read the caption, great shot of Taika too, the broading artist in the background :wink:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:51 pm

I know! That guy does look similar to Jemaine.

Taika looks great in that terra cotta color. I hope Jemaine chooses something interesting from the collection. He's been wearing more normal clothes lately. It would be nice for him to make a fashion statement, this is assuming he's going to the Grammys.
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”