Tour Dates: Bic Runga and the Flight of the Conchords

Conchords news, chit chat, waffle and conversation. Also convo about Bret and Jemaine in Conchords mode
Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:26 pm

jess wrote:i went to the wellington bic runga show to see them
they were AMAZING

fantastic new song as well!

Please tell us more! Maybe you could write something that Sherry could use in the News Section! First-hand accounts are always appreciated by those of us who (sadly :cry: :tears: :( ) cannot get to their shows.

btw... Welcome to this great group! I know you will enjoy your time here!

jess
New arrival

Postby jess » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:25 pm

haha, this is so exciting
i can talk here and my friends will no longer need to send me away due to my excessive fo the c conversations! :D

they played for about an hour before bic runga (who was pretty damn good by the way! especially her band, it was an amazing assortment of people) but of course, most of that was chitchat :P
if i remember correctly... they played jenny, business time, think about it, the bus driver's song, the humans are dead (at my request!), and the new song- the most beautiful girl in the room
it was obvious most of the people in the audience didn't have ANY idea who they were, but... i'm sure they had some converts after that performance!

i tried taking photos, but unfortunately i'm lacking in stealth and one of the ticket ladies in the theatre stopped me, hence the blur...
but you can still see the sweater vest in (most of) it's glory!

Kate

Postby Kate » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:37 pm

jess wrote:haha, this is so exciting
i can talk here and my friends will no longer need to send me away due to my excessive fo the c conversations! :D

they played for about an hour before bic runga (who was pretty damn good by the way! especially her band, it was an amazing assortment of people) but of course, most of that was chitchat :P
if i remember correctly... they played jenny, business time, think about it, the bus driver's song, the humans are dead (at my request!), and the new song- the most beautiful girl in the room
it was obvious most of the people in the audience didn't have ANY idea who they were, but... i'm sure they had some converts after that performance!

i tried taking photos, but unfortunately i'm lacking in stealth and one of the ticket ladies in the theatre stopped me, hence the blur...
but you can still see the sweater vest in (most of) it's glory!

Jess, thank you so much for the review! You can talk here about the Conchords all you want, and we won't stop you! :lol:

Look Deirdre! - It's Jemaine's "intense" sweater vest! :jc:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:40 pm

That's not blurry; that's artistic! :D

You've captured the essence of the sweater vest, without relying on obvious structures to convey the intensity of it.

Look at me using my art history degree! hee!

Seriously, it's still a great photo. Thanks for sharing!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:46 am

Thanks for the review, Jess! I love your photo - it is very artistic, not just plain 'blurry'.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:47 am

No its blurry. I still like it though.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:35 pm

If its not Jemaine's shirts its his 'sweater vest's getting in on the action. Bret's jersey/jumper/sweater will be getting jealous :hrmpf:

Thanks for sharing jess. Always good to know how things went. And yeah, judging by the emails I had about the Bic gigs, seems the guys made a fair few new fans recently 8)

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:30 am

Johnnyp wrote:No its blurry. I still like it though.

:rolls:
And you wonder JP why it is that we warn all the new members about you!!

Thanks for the review Jess! :lol:
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:32 am

jm513 wrote:
Johnnyp wrote:No its blurry. I still like it though.

And you wonder JP why it is that we warn all the new members about you!!

Thanks for the review Jess! :lol:

:lol:

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:32 am

jess wrote:

Oh my gosh, I was there too! That new song was so hilarious. Brilliant!

They played Humans are Dead for you?! That's awesome. I was the one who yelled out Business Time when they asked for requests. And they played it. I was stoked. Talked to Jemaine afterwards too. I went all girly.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Kate

Postby Kate » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:37 am

beck wrote:Oh my gosh, I was there too! That new song was so hilarious. Brilliant!

They played Humans are Dead for you?! That's awesome. I was the one who yelled out Business Time when they asked for requests. And they played it. I was stoked. Talked to Jemaine afterwards too. I went all girly.

WAIT! DETAILS, PLEASE!!!!

Birday
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Birday » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:54 am

Kate wrote:
beck wrote:Oh my gosh, I was there too! That new song was so hilarious. Brilliant!

yeeeeaahh!!! what kate said! details por favor amiga 8) :D

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:08 am

Kate wrote:

Haha! Ok!

Talking to Jemaine...after Bic Runga had finished, people were leaving and stuff, but two of my friends wanted to see if she had a set list on the stage and if they could steal it. As I was walking toward them by the stage, the one and only Jemaine Clement appears from the side door and walks past me. As he walked past my friend said "Oh, that was a really good set!" to him, but I don't think he heard her so she added "...Jemaine!" He turned around and said thanks. I proceeded to tell him he was awesome. Then my other friend asked if he had a pick she could possibly have. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a handful of pocket-crap.

"Hmm, a pick. I don't think so. I have money though...bus ride home?" He said. We thanked him for a great show and departed. It was a fleeting, yet awesome encounter.

It was exciting at the time.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:13 am

Acknowledgment is always good.

Birday
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Birday » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:13 am

beck wrote:
Kate wrote:

Haha! Ok!

Talking to Jemaine...after Bic Runga had finished, people were leaving and stuff, but two of my friends wanted to see if she had a set list on the stage and if they could steal it. As I was walking toward them by the stage, the one and only Jemaine Clement appears from the side door and walks past me. As he walked past my friend said "Oh, that was a really good set!" to him, but I don't think he heard her so she added "...Jemaine!" He turned around and said thanks. I proceeded to tell him he was awesome. Then my other friend asked if he had a pick she could possibly have. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a handful of pocket-crap.

"Hmm, a pick. I don't think so. I have money though...bus ride home?" He said. We thanked him for a great show and departed. It was a fleeting, yet awesome encounter.

It was exciting at the time.

cool meeting,and aww the "bus ride home?" bit was cute,heh heh! :)

Return to “Flight of The Conchords”