The Black Seeds

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:55 am

I'm going to gush for just a moment

I love this band! :heart: Their albums are work friendly, no need to worry about young ears listening to them. They have an awesome beat, great vocals, an outstanding funky sound. Just so much fun to listen too!

Okay, I'm done. I got a little light headed and giddy for just a second there.

Did I mention I'm in love with this band?
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:56 am

I heartily concur. I even wake up in the morning with their songs in my head, yet not in an annoying way. Catchy, fun, interesting -- a joy to listen to!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:28 pm

Well, it sounds like Bret is back in NZ now, since the Black Seeds are playing in Auckland this Saturday at Studio (in case anyone wants to head on over there). :wink:

Think this means we'll get answers to our questions soon?

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:50 pm

He'd better answer his questions... :thump: I mean, he can't have anything more pressing to do. :wink:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:04 pm

I got my Black Seeds CD in the mail yesterday, along with my copy of Tongan Ninja. Talk about a banner day!

It's a three CD set - a gift from the spouse. I am so happy about it.
Hurrah!!!!!

LOVE IT!
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:12 pm

Is it Keep on Pushing and Pushed? (the third CD being unrelated to the Black Seeds at all) That's the set I got off Amazon. It is really good, but I really recommend that you eventually get On the Sun. That's my favorite CD these days.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:07 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Is it Keep on Pushing and Pushed? (the third CD being unrelated to the Black Seeds at all) That's the set I got off Amazon. It is really good, but I really recommend that you eventually get On the Sun. That's my favorite CD these days.

That's exactly what I got. On the Sun - check, will do!

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:10 am

Gayle wrote:
indigo_jones wrote:Is it Keep on Pushing and Pushed? (the third CD being unrelated to the Black Seeds at all) That's the set I got off Amazon. It is really good, but I really recommend that you eventually get On the Sun. That's my favorite CD these days.

That's exactly what I got. On the Sun - check, will do!

Yay! We've converted Ggayle! (Good work, Jones)

I highly recommend On the Sun as well. Ditto to what Jones said. Christmas present perhaps? :D

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:59 pm

Did I miss this?

Apologies if its been posted somewhere in this thread. NZ news.

Black Seeds tour info

:)

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:48 pm

So far my favorite song is You Wait. It's musically interesting, that last sung chord is beautiful, and I love that they used piano. Beautiful.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:25 pm

TGIF!!!

It's Flyday! Hurrah!

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:09 am

Jess's post in the "are they famous yet" thread reminded me that I've been trying to convert people through various mixes and and my blog. I haven't got any F o the C converts yet, that I know of, but a friend of mine is liking what she's heard of The Black Seeds' On The Sun CD! It's a start! :D She lives in Canada and I just did a BIFC (But I'm From Canada) purchase for her, so I might have to send her some Black Seeds and F o the C music to accompany the purchase. :wink:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:16 am

Curiouser and curiouser...what does a BIFC purchase entail?

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:18 am

BIFC is stuff available in the US that isn't available in Canada. In this case, a cute pair of mittens from the Gap. The Gap doesn't sell stuff online to Canadians, even though they have stores in Canada. (Stupid Gap!)

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:48 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Jess's post in the "are they famous yet" thread reminded me that I've been trying to convert people through various mixes and and my blog. I haven't got any F o the C converts yet, that I know of

Now, I just don't understand this. I mean, this really really just boggles my mind. How can anyone see or hear these guys and not just immediately think they are the best thing ever!!?? I've been trying to convert people too and one friend did say they are geniuses, but I don't think he has really gotten into it beyond that. Oh - and my mom loves them, so that's cool. A couple of other people said "Yeah, they're funny" and that's it. I just don't get it. There are some comedians who I see or hear and think "OK, well so and so would like them, but not this other person" but FoTC's humor is just something - as far as I'm concerned - that everyone can get into. It's just all around funny! They aren't vulgar, they aren't negative (which is something else about many comedians that drives me crazy) and they click together so well that just by watching them you can tell they have a great bond that really comes through in their performance. I can totally understand people's different tastes in music - but good old fashioned down right funny is hard to come by, and I am bound and determined to make everyone I know ACKNOWLEDGE!! :lol: :lol:

*acknowledge my authritayyy*
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Return to “Bret McKenzie”