The Black Seeds

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:01 pm

Oh - and I even sent my best friend a picture of the guys and do you know what she said?? She said "Yeah, I guess they're cute"....... :que: :hammer:

I'm so obsessed that I can't be objective anymore. Are B & J those types of guys that get cuter as you get to know them better? I mean, granted we don't "know" them (well, most of us don't), but so much persnality comes out in FoTC and other projects we have all managed to pick apart with a fine tooth comb. My best friend has never seen or heard them (I sent her stuff, but I don't think she has even looked at it), is this a must before deciding that you absolutely have to sit in the second (or third) row in order to be impregnated? :wink:

on edit: I don't even remember now what I thought the first time I saw them........

I mean, really.........

OMG!!!!!!!! :drool:
Last edited by jm513 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:12 pm

My friend and co-worker, Terri, has heard them and seen them and is very aware of my mini-obsession with them (ok, major). She calls Bret "The Cute One" and thinks Jemaine is very funny. But she has no real interest in getting "into" them.

It's been said before, but not everyone will get "into" them the way many of us here at the forum have. In part, I think we are so avid because of the forum. One person's enthusiasm ignites anothers and it goes round and round. We get each other nice and riled up from time to time.

So don't worry too much if one person or another isn't as gaga as we Conchordians... I for one like the fact that our "village" is small but friendly.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:23 pm

Gayle wrote: In part, I think we are so avid because of the forum. One person's enthusiasm ignites anothers and it goes round and round. We get each other nice and riled up from time to time.

So don't worry too much if one person or another isn't as gaga as we Conchordians... I for one like the fact that our "village" is small but friendly.

Good point Gayle!

And I have to admit that I like the small but friendly too=-) It makes it seem like the 150 of us registered have them all to ourselves :lol: :lol:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:28 pm

jm513 wrote:Good point Gayle!

And I have to admit that I like the small but friendly too=-) It makes it seem like the 150 of us registered have them all to ourselves :lol: :lol:

I'm sure member #142 feels that way in particular. :wink:
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:42 am

Gayle, you bring up a good point, indeed. I know that one of the reasons I am such an avid fan is this lovely forum (and all you lovely people...even JP ;) - poor guy, he is the grunt in all our jokes). I would definitely be a fan regardless, but the forum does help feed the mania(cs) so to speak.

I am a bit disappointed when friends don't get as excited about FoTC, Tongan Ninja, The Black Seeds, etc. as I do - but I know I will always have you guys to come back and rave to! To each their own, and you can't force your friends to like what you like. (I've tried, tried so hard...)
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:53 am

Oh well. Their loss! More for us! :wink:

Not that it's going to stop me trying!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:55 am

indigo_jones wrote:BIFC is stuff available in the US that isn't available in Canada. In this case, a cute pair of mittens from the Gap. The Gap doesn't sell stuff online to Canadians, even though they have stores in Canada. (Stupid Gap!)

That's just wrong. Why wouldn't they sell stuff online to Canadians? We're neighbors! That's like New Zealand not selling stuff online to...Tonga?

On Edit: That makes no sense. How about SmokeCds not selling stuff to the fshes?
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:18 am

Gayle wrote:
jm513 wrote:Good point Gayle!

I'm sure member #142 feels that way in particular. :wink:

:lol: ok, so I was going to take this somewhere dirty.....with bikinis.........and rubbing.........but I won't :D

I suppose, in a literal sense, and if I can get my mind out of the gutter, that since one of the thems is him - he does kinda of have them to himself. Now there is a heavy Paul Harvey-esk thought for you....

its late, I need to go to bed.....

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:36 am

Doesn't really highlight Bret, but I like this picture. Those Black Seeds are just so cooooool

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:20 am

Tiny little Barnaby! I like that picture, too.

While I was looking for various Black Seeds stuff, I came across this: The Living Room. Notice the guy with the funny hair in the middle picture? Look familiar? 8) I wrote to the production company and asked if the DVD they have available includes the first season, but unfortunately, it doesn't. *sigh*

I'm thinking Bret and Jemaine were on together at some point in the first season, too, based on this page.

I did a brief torrent search looking for the show, but no luck so far. Anyone want to try?
Last edited by indigo_jones on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:34 am

Crazy Hair Dude is hilarious! Bwhwhahaaha! :roll2:

Thanks for posting that, Jones. Too bad about the DVD not having series one. *sniff*

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:30 am

Has anyone heard word on The Black Seeds new album? Didn't it have an April release date? I'm dyin' here! (I need drama, people!)

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:54 pm

The April release is the last I've heard, too. I'm hoping for early April. :pray:

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:49 pm

Early April ... Mid July. Whatever.

The Black Seeds' third album is being released on Monday, July 17th. Finally. It's called Into the Dojo and you can pre-order it from SmokeCDs.com.

The final excuse I needed to order a number of other CDs I've been wanting.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:38 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Early April ... Mid July. Whatever.

The Black Seeds' third album is being released on Monday, July 17th. Finally. It's called Into the Dojo and you can pre-order it from SmokeCDs.com.

The final excuse I needed to order a number of other CDs I've been wanting.

You needed more than one :shock:

:lol:

Hope you enjoy it :) Let me know what you think of it 8)

Return to “Bret McKenzie”