Friday Night is da Boom King night

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Friday Night is da Boom King night

Postby Andria » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:41 am

The Wednesday night Business Time thread is putting Bret's gals to shame! I feel that Friday is a good night...for some reason. Bret seems to be quite the party animal - Boom King and all. Plus, I have no social life at the moment (who am I kidding? :help: I've never had a social life...) so it makes Fridays more amusing. :rolls:

Now, I'm most certainly not saying that we should be as...eager as some of the Clementines/Jemaniacs (you know who you are.:wave: ) - but we could most certainly discuss the cuteness of the Rhymenoceros while discussing literature, music, dance, and art...erm something.
Whaddya say?

Is that some sort of karate? :shock:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:20 am

Sigh.

I can't hide it any longer.

So I'll just come out and say it.

I think Bret's arse (or lack thereof) is fly. And I love his long hair. And his beard. His his perpetual look of dazed glazed hazed confusion.

I say we don't limit ourselves to Fridays, man. I have margarine enough to Boom! with Bret every night of the week. ;)

And if, whilst all the debauchery is happening you want to discuss literature? I'll try to concentrate long enough to nod in feigned rapt attention.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:55 am

Any night is good for Boom! night!

I've been trying to think of something catchy to say, but every time I think of Bret, I get distracted -- and the stuff I start thinking doesn't really fit the parameters we're aiming for here. :oops:

Like that photo? Karate moves aren't the first thing that makes me think of! :shock: :oops:

Ahem. Anyway, does anyone else get all tingly when he starts in with the growly booms in the song?

So, bring on the margarine! You know, it comes in a spray format these days, too.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:00 am

Ooh! Plus we all know that Bret isn't familiar with the Internet (unlike Jemaine, you never know when he might be around...), so we don't have to worry about him checking in on us.
I think I would like to revive the topic of Bret as Mr. Darcy or Mr. Wickham, etc. *sigh* Handsome...We would be discussing Jane Austen's works and Bret at the same time! See, it can be done. :nod:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:01 am

I get all tingly even before the growls. Because that awfully constipated "predatorial" look he attempts to do just makes me want to give him some pie.

And yes, I don't think of Karate either when I see that photo (I think about how nice his shoes are -- cause really, how sexy are they?)

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:05 am

He's not an Internet geek? I almost would have expected it based on the Video Kid thing.

I wholeheartedly second your motion to continue the train of thought re Bret as Mr. Darcy. I think he could do the broody Healthcliff bit, too, although we might have to make a bit of a revision since there's no way Bret would be believable as that much of a donkey (um, that was the polite way of saying it).

And yes, the snarling bit at the beginning of the song gets to me too. Really, the whole song just seems designed to get hormones all aswirl!

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:10 am

He can't be a troglodyte. After the Figwit business surely his curiosity was piqued enough that he researched it himself?

And sorry ladies, but I can't see Bret as Mr. Darcy. That's a big no-no for me because in my book, no one -- and I mean no one -- can play Mr. Darcy better than Colin Firth (which, speaking of, mmmmm).

Heathcliff could work however. Too bad that I hate him and that entire bloody book though.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:12 am

indigo_jones wrote:He's not an Internet geek? I almost would have expected it based on the Video Kid thing.

Well, I just assumed, due to Brian's comment in the BBC show. :wink: But, the Video Kid thing would lead one to a different conclusion. Hmm...

I think She's So Hot...Boom! is such a great song. The expressions are awesome. I also really like the back-up rapping he does in Hiphopapotamus v Rhymenocerous. Classic... :rolls:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:17 am

Amaria wrote: And sorry ladies, but I can't see Bret as Mr. Darcy. That's a big no-no for me because in my book, no one -- and I mean no one -- can play Mr. Darcy better than Colin Firth (which, speaking of, mmmmm).

Heathcliff could work however. Too bad that I hate him and that entire bloody book though.

I am very loyal to Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy - he is just the best. Perhaps as Mr. Willoughby?
And, I have to agree, I really dislike Wuthering Heights. Sorry. :(

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:18 am

Yeah, that's why I said it would need some revision. Hmmm. Who's another darkly brooding -- yet sensitive and caring -- literary character? Or maybe some sort of swashbuckling character? I think he could be quite the sexy pirate.

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:26 am

Yeah, even my brother commented that Bret's a fairly good beat-boxer. What I find amusing is watching him attempt to discretely wipe his mouth and his mic with his hand after Jermaine's freestyle session. ;)

So how d'you feel about the new movie adaptation of P+P Andria? The previews have already got me peed off as Elizabeth and Darcy get hot and sexy under the rain (that's not how it goes! and if they're going to go off script they could have at least made an attempt to not be so cliche).

Who's another darkly brooding -- yet sensitive and caring -- literary character?

Harry Potter? ;)

Yes, he would make a good pirate though. I think if I were to compare him to literary characters I'd see him more as the quiety insane type though. Something like a Palahnuik or Vonnegut character.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:32 am

Heh. Harry Potter did cross my mind, Amaria, although I was hoping for a character a little older. :wink:

I'm also quite impressed with his beat-boxing, both in the special and in the phone commercial. Speaking of which, I absolutely adore that ad. Buzzz indeed!

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:42 am

Beat-boxing! Thank you. I am such a dork, I could not summon the name from the void that is my memory. I love that Ad. I hate commercials and yet I watch that one quite often. :oops:

Hmmm, the new P&P movie. I want to see it just because it IS Pride and Prejudice, however, I am not happy with some of the casting. Or some of the scenes in the previews. I will have to wait and see it before I can really judge.

Sexy pirates, gentlemen, rugged farmers...must find just the right one.

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:44 am

Commercial?

What am I missing here?

am not happy with some of the casting

Aside from a non-Firth Mr. Darcy, who do you think was poorly cast?

Harry Potter did cross my mind, Amaria, although I was hoping for a character a little older

Prof. Lupin, then? :lol: How about Rochester from Jane Eyre? I totally see Bret locking me up in a ceiling.

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:34 am

Awww, Friday nights are boyfriend nights for me (ummm, I am sneaking a peak while he is in the garage at the moment). Aww well, I can enjoy the goodness tomorrow, no doubt. :waggle:
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Return to “Bret McKenzie”