Friday Night is da Boom King night

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
~jesika~
Half a shapely halibut

Postby ~jesika~ » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:24 pm

FRIDAY NIGHT - BRET'S NIGHT!

"We just looked out' across the city from our little spot on the hilltop. Oh, It is so pretty from way up there. We talked about how the lights from the buildings and cars seemed like reflections of the stars that shined out so pretty and bright, that night."

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:34 am

I made some curry the other day, and it made me miss this board.

So, hi! Bret's still looking pretty I see.

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:52 am

Couldn't let the thread lie dormant this week, so here's two screen shots from What Happens on Tour:

Anyone remember the old car commercial they pinched this sequence from?[/img]

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:29 am

:lol:

Just Mariah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Just Mariah » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:10 am

bibliaddict wrote:Couldn't let the thread lie dormant this week, so here's two screen shots from What Happens on Tour:

Anyone remember the old car commercial they pinched this sequence from?[/img]

:love:
"What is the bird?"

saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby saffymatt » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:41 pm

bibliaddict wrote:Couldn't let the thread lie dormant this week, so here's two screen shots from What Happens on Tour:

Anyone remember the old car commercial they pinched this sequence from?

He can ride with me anytime! 8)
Set your Phasers on Funky!

Katie

Postby Katie » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:38 pm

I love those screen caps. :lol: I remember I laughed uncontrollably when it aired. Bibliaddict - What commercial was it from? It's driving me mad. When I originally watched it I couldn't quite place where it was from.

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:39 am

Like Katie, I was also wondering about the commercial.... I don't know if we had it in Australia.

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:51 am

Katie wrote:I love those screen caps. :lol: I remember I laughed uncontrollably when it aired. Bibliaddict - What commercial was it from? It's driving me mad. When I originally watched it I couldn't quite place where it was from.

I can't remember for the life of me... Was it Volvo? or Honda? It's driving me nuts! :###: I had hoped Wikipedia would have the answer, since they include a section on cultural references for each episode, but no dice.

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:25 am

I just wanted to say how great I think Bret was in the episode "Bret's Job." When he was talking on the Bluetooth, I was dying!

I just happened into the episode, passing through the TV from a DVD of the English version (The Original) of The Office.

So, here's some

BRET LOVE!

We took this picture at the Red Eyed Fly at SXSW 2006. If you decide to save it to your computer or use it somewhere, please credit it to Seth L. Thanks. :D

Katie

Postby Katie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:16 am

Awww that picture is ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing it Deirdre!

I can't remember for the life of me... Was it Volvo? or Honda? It's driving me nuts! I had hoped Wikipedia would have the answer, since they include a section on cultural references for each episode, but no dice.

Ahh! I hate when that happens! It's been a few years since the commercial... *sigh* We'll never know. :lol:

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:26 am

:D Glad you liked it. I'm not sure I've shared that one before. :hrm:

Katie

Postby Katie » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:35 am

Deirdre wrote::D Glad you liked it. I'm not sure I've shared that one before. :hrm:

I don't think you have either, I was a lurker on this forum for a year or so before I signed up and I remember when you posted pictures from SXSW and that one doesn't ring a bell.

meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby meg1448 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:57 am

Deirdre wrote:I just wanted to say how great I think Bret was in the episode "Bret's Job." When he was talking on the Bluetooth, I was dying!

I just happened into the episode, passing through the TV from a DVD of the English version (The Original) of The Office.

So, here's some

BRET LOVE!

We took this picture at the Red Eyed Fly at SXSW 2006. If you decide to save it to your computer or use it somewhere, please credit it to Seth L. Thanks. :D

Awww! Look at his lips! They're all pursed out like a little kid. Too cute.
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:24 am

I know I was pretty busy with the Jemaine pictures back then. :whistle: :eyelashes: And of course pictures of the guys together. Some of them were up at Conchords.net for a while. Remind me with a PM :stick: and I'll try to find a few more Bret pictures for the cause. :cheer:

I've looked in my files for the one of Bret flying in the air as he jumped into the crowd. There was one like that, right? :puzzled: Or am I imagining it? I know we didn't take it because Bret landed partially on Seth, and definitely on John, Shelly's husband. So I don't think they got a picture either. John was so funny. He said Bret got Boom all over his camera. :lol:

Also, I know there was one where he was just about to jump. But I don't have that one either. :eh:

Return to “Bret McKenzie”