And the nominees are...

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Best performance by Bret as a supporting actor supporting a supporting actor goes to...

David Bowie in "Bowie"
No votes
The Tour Guide in "Bus Driver's Song"
15%
Frodo, Arwen, Pippin, Merry, Sword, Dying Hobbit #1, Legolas in "Frodo, Don't Wear The Ring"
8%
Rhymenoceros in "Hip Hopopotomus vs. Rhymenoceros (ft. the Hip Hopopotomus and the Rhymenoceros)"
8%
Robot #1 in "Robots"
No votes
Jenny in "Jenny"
31%
Southern Murderer in "Nothin' Wrong"
No votes
Me in "Petrov, Yeleyena & Me"
31%
The Boom King in "She's So Hot, Boom!"
8%
Dying Man in "Think About It, Think Think About It"
No votes

Total votes: 13

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

And the nominees are...

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:09 am

I realized the other day how many characters Bret has played in the FoTC ouevre, and was curious as to which character everyone liked best, or thought Bret did best (as obviously, we aren't going to like his character in Nothin' Wrong, but Bret sings him perfectly).

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:10 am

Shame the poll limits you to ten options. I wanted to split all the characters in Frodo, Dont Wear the Ring and have a "Bret in 'Everything else, really'' option. But oh well, those are the choices, choose wisely!

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:14 am

For me, it's the moment in "She's So Hot, Boom" when he says, "She's so hot she's making me sexist." And sneers and leers at the same time before saying, "b****". I swear I laughed so hard a little pee came out.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:19 am

Goodness yes I love that bit as well. I found it insanely difficult to choose because there are just so many moments like that. But his entire performance in Petrov -- from the initial trepidation, the Rolling Stones reference, and the vengeance and wailing at the end just...such wonderful character development in such a short song, y'know? Plus, the accent is all sorts of hot. ;)

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:42 am

I loved all of those! It is TOO difficult to choose. But I ended up going with Tony in the Bus Driver's Song. I think his performance in that is great. I loved all of them, but I thought that was just so spot on for the tours I've been on. I love the part when he says "Take a Take a, Take Take a Me Back" Awesome! :D
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:01 am

I can't choooooooose! I love him in all of them, especially "Petrov", "Bus Driver" and "Boom!". How can I choose? So many reasonons to love him!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:37 am

I love the part when he says "Take a Take a, Take Take a Me Back"

Ditto that. Such lovely desperation when he sings it.

And Tony! Aha! I listened to the intro a million times when I was making this poll but his accent is so strong that all I could make out was "Taney" and that sounded too strange to be a name (even for a Kiwi) so I stuck with "Tour Guide" :lol:

I can't choooooooose!

But you have to. So choose, woman! :stick:

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:04 am

Ok, I made my choice, but just thinking about Boom and the others makes me immediately regret it. I went with Me in Petrove, et al. Just because of the thought of nibbling on him! :wink: Mmmm. Bret fingers! Although I think I'd rather start with the lips!

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Ellen » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:49 am

I just love the character voices in "Frodo Don't Wear The Ring". All these songs are so great though, it's really difficult to pick just one.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:35 pm

He really does do a great job of creating the characters and making them quite unique, individual and believable. As I said, elsewhere, while listening to "Nothing Wrong" yesterday, I realized that I could completely imagine him giving that delivery in a movie and being sold by it. The manic, desperate, insane emotion really comes through so well.

With Bus Driver, it's so believable the bit when he's asking the people on the bus not to mention any of what he's said to Paul or his wife. It's just so perfectly delivered.

As for his delivery of Boom!, I was commenting just last night while watching it (again) that to look at him, you wouldn't expect that voice to come out of him, but he does it so well.

As for Petrov, his delivery of so many of the lines is really why I voted for it. Heck, I've even got one of the lines in my sig now. The rollercoaster of emotions is brilliant.

I could go on, but I'll restrain myself.

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:20 pm

I think I'd rather start with the lips!

I am officially instating a decree that from this post forward, there shall be no more posts involving any eating/nibbling/supping of Bret fingers/lips/toes/bits as they really just aren't good for my sanity.

You make it very hard to keep thinks in here clean, Jones. ;)

Re: Boom! I actually listened to the MP3 of that first and expected Jermaine to be the one singing and was surprised that it was Bret.

And I could go on for you as well, but I'll restrain myself. ;)

And you know, if the poll allowed all the options, I bet Sting would have won. The "Ching! Ching!" is so hilarious. And also, anyone else freaked out by how exactly like Orlando/Legolas he delivers the "And my bow" line? I'm a fairly big Lando fan, so I know his voice pretty well, and I have to say I couldn't distinguish whether or not they used a movie clip or Bret really was just mimicking him.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:16 pm

I really don't think I can control the nibbling, Amaria. Plus, I haven't had lunch yet, so I'm quite peckish! My cat just ran away from me, as it is. I'm always threatening to eat her all up, because she's just so cute. :) You know, it's not even a sexual thing specifically. Bret really is just so cute I want to eat him all up!

I'm a fairly big Lando fan

Maybe I'm just old, or maybe it's because I'm not a LOTR fanatic or anything, because when I see/hear Lando, I don't think Orlando Bloom, I think of the Star Wars character, Lando Calrissian.

But I have seen all the LOTR movies and even I was impressed by how much the voices sounded like the real thing in Frodo.

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:29 pm

I feel the same way with my 3 year old cousin. Sometimes I actually do bite her and then she runs off crying. Which makes me laugh and want to bite her even more. :lol:

You're not old. Most people call him Orli actually. But that nickname makes me want to pat him on the head and tell him what a good boy he was for peeing on the newspapers instead of the newly installed linoleum floors so I stick with Lando.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:32 pm

I definitely prefer Lando to Orli. Orli is too close to Oily. I approve of the name Orlando in general, though. I was born and raised in Orlando, Florida, and I'm rather fond of Virginia Wolff's Orlando -- which I would suggest for Bret, except for the second half of the story!

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:33 pm

Story is, Bloom was actually named after that character.

Never read it though -- are you recommending it for the general populace as well?

Return to “Bret McKenzie”