And the nominees are...

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Best performance by Bret as a supporting actor supporting a supporting actor goes to...

David Bowie in "Bowie"
No votes
The Tour Guide in "Bus Driver's Song"
15%
Frodo, Arwen, Pippin, Merry, Sword, Dying Hobbit #1, Legolas in "Frodo, Don't Wear The Ring"
8%
Rhymenoceros in "Hip Hopopotomus vs. Rhymenoceros (ft. the Hip Hopopotomus and the Rhymenoceros)"
8%
Robot #1 in "Robots"
No votes
Jenny in "Jenny"
31%
Southern Murderer in "Nothin' Wrong"
No votes
Me in "Petrov, Yeleyena & Me"
31%
The Boom King in "She's So Hot, Boom!"
8%
Dying Man in "Think About It, Think Think About It"
No votes

Total votes: 13

Fluffyblonde

Postby Fluffyblonde » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:25 am

Gayle wrote:
I hate to say it but I am not a Bloom fan.

I have to agree with Sherry on this one. I put him in the same category as Keanu Reeves. Nice house, nobody home. In fact, my cronies and I refer to Keanu as "Kununu" and Orlando Bloom as "Orlunu Blununu" (these nicks have had quite an evolution, but were born of the belief that neither one is very smart.) I'm sure he's a very sweet guy, but does about as much for me as, well, licking a shag carpet.

FYI: Shag means something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT here in the states. Gets your British minds out of the gutter!

Ummmm, carpet licking (shag or not) has a different connotation, too. But don't ask me how I know THAT. :shock: :oops: :D

In the poll, I voted for Bret as "Jenny", because he gets so very put out when he is saying "No, it's me. I'm Jenny. MY name is Jenny." and then he's so indignant when he pronounces "We have a child" and gets all peed off with the "I can't believe you don't remember - it was a very difficult process!" :shock:

But the best part, for me, is the very end: "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Oh, that's terrible! Oh, how embarrassing!" :oops:

Just absolutely classic! And the wholetime, playing his guitar without missing a beat. The man is a musical genius, I say - a musical genius! :D

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:45 am

Fluffyblonde wrote: Just absolutely classic! And the wholetime, playing his guitar without missing a beat. The man is a musical genius, I say - a musical genius! :D

I concur, Fluff! A musical genius! Mwhahaha!
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:53 am

No arguements here!

I can't help but think of him in some of the HBO songs as sort of like Teller to Penn or James to Bartle -- the somewhat silent yet equally funny partner.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:33 am

Teller to Penn or James to Bartle

Er...who?

I actually noticed that Bret tends to look at his fingering a lot more than Jermaine, as if he's not quite as confident and familiar with the guitar. So I wonder who started playing guitar first. I know in interviews they state that they started learning together, but I wonder if that's the case as Jermaine just seems more comfortable. Maybe he's just a faster learner though.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:42 am

I thought I read that Jemaine taught Bret, but I could be wrong. Of course, I've always taken Bret's looking as just his way of filling in the gaps while he's not specifically playing or reacting.

Penn & Teller? Bartles and James (wine cooler guys)? Not familiar with them? At all? Silent partner?

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:56 am

No Bowie, no wine cooler. I was very deprived as a child. :lol:

Did he really? That would explain quite a bit. There's another possible question to ask the guys. Which...remind me to send in mine! Time is running out and I still haven't thought of any.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:58 am

Hurry! They've got to be better than mine! :)

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:11 am

:lol: I didn't mean now, silly.

And I'm sure they aren't seeing as of this moment, I really can't think of anything other than, "Chicken or the egg?" :lol:

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:00 am

He is so good at all of them. I love how he does Jenny. Bowie is great.
Right now I'm very fond of "Petrov, Yeleyena & Me". I start chuckling just think, thinking about it.

Sean
"What kind of rapping name is STEVE!"

Return to “Bret McKenzie”