And the nominees are...

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Best performance by Bret as a supporting actor supporting a supporting actor goes to...

David Bowie in "Bowie"
No votes
The Tour Guide in "Bus Driver's Song"
15%
Frodo, Arwen, Pippin, Merry, Sword, Dying Hobbit #1, Legolas in "Frodo, Don't Wear The Ring"
8%
Rhymenoceros in "Hip Hopopotomus vs. Rhymenoceros (ft. the Hip Hopopotomus and the Rhymenoceros)"
8%
Robot #1 in "Robots"
No votes
Jenny in "Jenny"
31%
Southern Murderer in "Nothin' Wrong"
No votes
Me in "Petrov, Yeleyena & Me"
31%
The Boom King in "She's So Hot, Boom!"
8%
Dying Man in "Think About It, Think Think About It"
No votes

Total votes: 13

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:37 pm

I would recommend anyone reading it (although it's been years since I read it and I might feel differently about it now). I meant recommending it for Bret in the literary character vein that we've been doing, not necessarily in the "oh, you should read this, Bret" way. :) I guess I should reread it myself once I get through with George Eliot.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:39 pm

Oh! :lol: All right. Why shouldn't he play the second half?

I've never read any Woolf actually, though I've been meaning to for yonkies. I just have such a long reading list as is.

Are you enjoying Daniel so far?

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:45 pm

Well, Orlando turns into a woman in the second half of the book! :?

I haven't started Daniel yet, since I've got two other short-loan books to finish up first. Plus, I figure Daniel probably won't have the same demand, so I can probably renew it if I don't finish in time.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:47 pm

Oh! Well, he's already got experience playing the opposite sex, so perhaps he can do the entire book.

And now I am very intrigued. I actually have the book at home, but just never got around to it. Shall bump her up on my must read list then. :D

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:39 pm

Amaria wrote:Story is, Bloom was actually named after that character.

Never read it though -- are you recommending it for the general populace as well?

:shock: Orlando *looks like a plank, acts like a plank and wahey, is a plank* Bloom is being talked about here! :shock:

I hate to say it but I am not a Bloom fan. He actually provides me with unintentional comic relief in his films :lol: I think he is a bit of a one note wonder. Got big off the back of a lot of hormones in a HUGE production, which will keep him going until a few BO duds and the fickle fans (not saying you are one of those :P) go find someone else to fall over. He has made a few smart career choices also since LOTR. But I still think he is a plank. One who can raise his eyebrow, but a plank nonetheless. This is all just MHO of course :P You ladies can keep on liking him :P If I ever see a film he acts well in, I shall of course eat my words. But as yet, I'm still waiting :?

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:07 pm

I hate to say it but I am not a Bloom fan.

I have to agree with Sherry on this one. I put him in the same category as Keanu Reeves. Nice house, nobody home. In fact, my cronies and I refer to Keanu as "Kununu" and Orlando Bloom as "Orlunu Blununu" (these nicks have had quite an evolution, but were born of the belief that neither one is very smart.) I'm sure he's a very sweet guy, but does about as much for me as, well, licking a shag carpet.

FYI: Shag means something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT here in the states. Gets your British minds out of the gutter!
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:57 pm

Gayle wrote:
I'm sure he's a very sweet guy, but does about as much for me as, well, licking a shag carpet.

FYI: Shag means something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT here in the states. Gets your British minds out of the gutter!

So if I were to tell you I am about to go find Henry and start sucking on the shag, your mind would go where?

Here? -----------> :shock:

Or here? -------------> :puzzled:

Or even here? ---------> :tsk:

Or maybe here? -------------> :sick:

Or how about here? --------------> :oops:

Or last but not least here? -----------> :help:

I can however tell you I was meaning something this -

*scroll down*

*keep scrolling*

*keep scrolling*

*nearly there, keep scrolling*

*last little bit*

*I lied, there is a bit more. Scroll on*

:roll2:

*Goes to polish halo some more* :angelic:

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:03 pm

Hmmm, so henry's clean gutters is what you are saying? Not that my mind, pristine as it is, went anywhere with that, mind you. But polishing halos? That is just a bit too obvious and vulgar even for me, Sherry. And I thought this was a family friendly board? :whistle:

Yes, I am a dork.
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:22 pm

*Goes to polish halo some more*

Oh my... you ARE sick and twisted! I knew I liked you, you mad woman! :rolleyes:
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:53 pm

*Goes to polish halo some more*

Oh, we all know about you and those angels, Sherry!

Look at you all, invading our sweet innocent Bret forum with your naughtyness! :tsk:

:lyre:
Oops. :oops:

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:24 pm

Ouch. A dig on both Lando and Keanu. I love 'em both and think Keanu (was) a great actor, and Lando has potential to be one.

For you Keanu doubters, go see My Own Private Idaho. More recently, he turns in a really good performance in Thumbsucker.

And I really liked Lando's performance in KOH actually. Yeah, blank a lot of the time -- but it suited the character. And he has a tendency to be really subtle everywhere but his eyes, which I appreciate, because American theatrics just piss me off. It's sort of like Sir Ian McKellen -- he tends to just act with an eye twitch, but he's brilliant. Lando doesn't know how to completely utilize this in the right ways quite yet, but I think he's got potential to. He's really good in Elizabeth town, I hear. Going to see it in a few.

Hm. Didn't mean to get all "OMG U DID NOT JUS OFFEND ORLI@@111!!! U HOR!!!" with that, so apologies if it seemed that way.

Look at you all, invading our sweet innocent Bret forum with your naughtyness!

Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, meet Pot. ;)

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:21 am

Indeed, pot. kettle. :D

I haven't seen Orlando in enough to judge him one way or the other. But I have heard good things about Elizabethtown. As for Keanu, I had a crush on him back in the day, and while I don't think he's the best actor, he's entertainging to a certain degree and seems like a nice enough guy in real life.

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:07 am

From every single interview I've seen Keanu in where he's not completely depressed, he's been charming and surprisingly intelligent. I had/have a crush on him too.

I just saw Elizabethtown. There were actually quite a bit things that were of the bad, but Orlando's performance wasn't one of them. Goodness, I love that kid. :D

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:20 am

Amaria wrote:From every single interview I've seen Keanu in where he's not completely depressed, he's been charming and surprisingly intelligent. I had/have a crush on him too.

He is actually a pretty smart, very well read guy. He is animated about things that appeal. I think he has his 'act' for off camera down pat. Also he lives a non movie star lifestyle (I mean, have you seen the holes in that pair of boots and his clothing from the thirft shop :P )And that some of his roles have helped continue the 'dude' thing seems to not worry him. Its all how he is perceived, I think he hides himself well. I freely admit he is far from the greatest living actor also. I rate him over Bloom still though :P And he is Neo. Martix was such an awesome ground breaking film. Why o why did they have to ruin it and make the follow ups :shock:

Yeah I like most of his films. Many are far from great, but a few have been. O dear, I waffled about Nenanu :?

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:15 pm

Aha! A Keanu fan. ;) It's rare meeting one that actually seems to know all the stuff you've just said. I actually have a great amount of respect for the guy for the reasons you've mentioned. I love his holey brown boots. :)

And go see Elizabethtown! :stick:

Return to “Bret McKenzie”