New old Bret project! Only Sukkie Bubbas Use Laser Guns

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Re: New Bret project! Only Sukkie Bubbas Use Laser Guns

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:50 pm

Please do grab it if you can. Someone. Anyone. I don't think I'll be up at 3 a.m., which is when I think it will be on for me.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Oh, der, Sherry you are right.

But hey, I can listen tonight! Whee!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:30 pm

**Fervently prays to Quetzalcoatl that some kind person will grab the Sukkie Bubbas audio.**

Please please please please please? I'll genuflect in your general direction for at least ten minutes. And say really nice things about you to all my friends. All five of them. I swear.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:53 pm

VaiVedrai wrote:So it'll be on at 10:06 PM EST this Saturday night...good to know. I'm tuning in online! :D

I'd make sure to be ready a bit before. It says it starts at 3.04pm

If I'm up at 2am tonight I shall see if I can grab it. If not hope for listen again or someone else being able to record it :)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:18 pm

Please tell me, when I wake up in the morning someone has managed to grab this show in full. Please :pray:

I remember the last time they did a show together and it was mayhem. There are recordings of it out there but not every part alas. Only 3 or 6 iirc. Atm on one of the 3 HD's sat looking forlorn.

I am sure it'll make a podcast but might not show up straight away. And I am too tired to stay up to record it myself.

*mutters about time differences*

ASmallTurnip

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:34 pm

Sherry, I'm tentatively planning on staying up for it (I'm having a mad, music-fuelled spring-cleaning session tonight, and am feeling ridiculously peppy), and I'd be delighted to grab it for you.

The only problem is, I'm an idiot. How do I snatch a live recording? If you tell me, I will gleefully bring it to you, the way my cat proudly presents me with deceased field mice. But with more hilarity and less dead bits.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:45 pm

I use Audio Hijack Pro for radio stuff. I'm on a Mac.

You could try Polderbits if on Windows. http://www.polderbits.com/

It has a free 30 day trial iirc when you download and its easy to use. Well I found it easy. It was. And I a moron so a non moron could manage it fine. Mess around with it while recording something off the radio and get used to it. And if not editing out bits then its really simple.

Don't worry overly. I am sure someone who is actually awake in daytime or evening hours will grab it. If not I can hope its on Listen Again or podcast to grab.

VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby VaiVedrai » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:05 am

The show just finished...and words are failing me in describing the hilarity of it. The reveal at the end about what the "aliens" really are is the perfect punch line.
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:13 am

Yes, it was pretty hilarious and chaotic.

I was surprised to hear it was recorded in 2002 but it still felt very fresh, and as VaiVedrai said, the twist ending was quite unexpected. Which, der, a good twist ending should be, but still...

Unfortunately, I didn't grab it cause I am a dope and didn't look into audio grabber software earlier in the week...
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:22 am

Can't wait to hear this! :D
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Postby ufotofu » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:31 am

Argh. I used freecorder, and the broadcast must have had DRM protection, so all I had on the recording was a few minutes of the prior show and then almost an hour of silence :bang: :tears: . Sorry about that. Anyone successful with an analog grab?
Would you like to see my stimulus package??

VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby VaiVedrai » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:08 am

Also worth noting: Bret as the president, wanting to concentrate more on his "music". In retrospect, this struck me as extended-laugh-worthy.

And the robot character reminded me of the Computer on the CBC Radio series Canadia 2056, whose name was revealed in one of the last episodes to be...Betty, I think. :lol:
But in that show, the Computer is not only completely sentient, but she has an unrequited crush on the captain of the ship, which is really funny in the way it's plotted out.
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

ASmallTurnip

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:10 am

I have it! You can download it here, BUT! First a word of warning, my doves! This was my first attempt at recording live off the internet, and the quality isn't everything I'd hope for. There are bits that crackle and blip out for a second, or have the auditory equivalent of a momentary sun flare. And, because I'm a complete tosser and didn't realise EVERYTHING would be recorded, you can hear the occasional soft little chat alert popping up. Isn't that hilarious? Hee hee! Ha. Heh. Ngh. Jesus.

I really didn't want to post this, because I don't think it's good enough. At all. But then I told myself to get over it and stop being such a shy and cranky perfectionist all the time. I'd HATE it if anyone didn't get to hear this just because The Turnip was feeling embarrassed. Sherry, if it comes up on Listen Again, I definitely think it would be worth you re-recording it, because I bet you can do a far better job than I. But in the meantime, this lovingly home-stitched and flawed version is there for all my ducklings. Please forgive me my failings.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:14 am

What a darling you are, Turnip!

:D

Thank you!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:11 am

mohumbhai mania wrote:Yes, it was pretty hilarious and chaotic.

I was surprised to hear it was recorded in 2002 but it still felt very fresh, and as VaiVedrai said, the twist ending was quite unexpected. Which, der, a good twist ending should be, but still...

O in that case I've heard that before, Only forgot the title. I did think the Trasmissions thing sounded familiar.

:roll:

Return to “Bret McKenzie”