Bret got married

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Re: Bret got married

Postby jm513 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:35 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:Image

NOBODY ASKED MY PERMISSION.

This made me lol!! :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

the rest of it made me :cry: :cry: :cry: ......my Bret fantasies have been very good to me over the years.....adding "and his wife" to the end of them just doesn't really have the same effect. My husband will be thrilled I'm sure. I can't really get rid of husband #1 when the person I have promised the #2 spot to is also married......

....anywho, congrats to them both! She is one luck lady!! And the baby news is also terrific! The kids will have a playmate on tour and the wives will have company - that's gotta make life easier for them, I'm sure.

So, congrats!! Enjoy newlyweddom* and pretty babies!!! :yay: :yay:
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:56 pm

Not only will little Boomer be mates with Soph, he can be mates with Rhys' little Finn and JB's kiddies.
90% evil
ImageImage

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Squee! I hadn't thought of all the kids being buddies. I'm getting all kinds of warm fuzzies now. :D

"Friends sing together, la la la la...." :)
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

nikki78
Lost but happy at sea

Postby nikki78 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:23 pm

trefusis wrote:
Amanda wrote:But am LOVING the idea of Bret as a daddy :family: (I like daddies - am married to one :wink: )

Me too... on all accounts. :D I can totally picture him being a wonderful daddy. The cuteness of a Baby Bret and him being a daddy is just overwhelming.
:love:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Both Bret and Jem are such lovely, good people their children are lucky to have such great role models.
90% evil
ImageImage

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Both Bret and Jem are such lovely, good people their children are lucky to have such great role models.

They sure are, but I bet they're not gonna think their fathers' humor is any too funny as they grow. Kids have a way of letting their parents know just how 'uncool' :roll: they are.
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:01 pm

SheWolf wrote:Both Bret and Jem are such lovely, good people their children are lucky to have such great role models.

cheers to that -and- not to mention the immense talent of the whole lot of them.
mums who are creative and expressive filmmakers, theatre people....
dads with musical and comedic creativity second to none, with all kinds of manners, kindness, sweetness, politeness...

here's to a happy, healthy, blessed second generation :clap:
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:20 pm

This whole thread is making me feel warm and fuzzing inside while at the same time causing me some heart aches :(

trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby trefusis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:22 pm

<pats ksp on the shoulder>

Me too, sister... me too.
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:34 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:This whole thread is making me feel warm and fuzzing inside while at the same time causing me some heart aches :(

So, while we're all singing Kumbaya here, I might as well bring up another point...

When Jemaine got married, I read some really shocking things on some other fan sites about Miranda that I won't repeat here, or anywhere for that matter. Yeah, OK, it's a bit sad when your favorite celebrity hottie gets hitched, but the vitriol and nastiness some people put out there was totally uncalled for. This is why WTF is such a great place, and unfortunately kind of unique on the internet, in my experience. Everyone is so supportive and kind.

But, really, how weird is it to talk smack about someone who is loved by someone you admire? I just don't get that.

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:46 pm

the best rule of thumb for posting on a fansite message board is to remember there's a very slight chance that the celebrity (ie., actor, band, author, etc.) might just READ what you write....maybe it never happens but you just don't know. why would you call yourself a fan of that celeb - if you end up wishing them/their family ill will?

one needs to be as respectful on a message board to that person as they would be if they could chat face to face. of course, humor and sarcasm is acceptable, but to demean, insult, disrespect, criticize and condemn "your fave" for what they do in their personal life, most especially directed at their family members, is completely unacceptable.

*drops 2cents in jar*
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:49 pm

I sincerely hope Jemaine never reads any of the filthy innuendo I've written about him here. :oops: Or Miranda. She'd probably beat me up.

trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby trefusis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:53 pm

I couldn't agree more.

These guys work so hard for our entertainment but they are also real people. I've rarely encountered anyone, with their degree of success, who has come across as so grounded, sweet and genuine. They seem never to have lost sight of who they are and where they came from and - as well as being brilliant at what they do - they inspire genuine affection in their fans. I know that's one of the reasons I'm here, as opposed to other places that you mention. Okay, a few of us make no secret of, ahem, the way we look at the guys sometimes :wink: :oops: - but I couldn't imagine in a million years getting serious or nasty like that about it.

Like many people on here, I've got a family of my own. They're the best thing in my world. I can't understand the mindset of someone who wouldn't wish love and happiness for Bret and Jemaine.
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Mock, I think he would understand that all we, not just you, have said is in good natured kidding and adoration. Their show is all about innuendo, if not outright. Besides you've written enough other posts that reveal what type of person you are - a viry nice person. :goodman:
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Congrats to Bret, Hannah, and their impending baby!
How nice is that?
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Return to “Bret McKenzie”