Diagnosis Death - Bret Screencaps

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
kellysouthpaw

Re: Diagnosis Death - Bret Screencaps

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:21 am

1.) He sounds the same as always
2.) He plays a bumbling, goofy doctor. So he's playing "serious" but acting funny
3.) Yes, all of the screencaps are from the "behind the scenes" featurette - they're not actually outtakes
4.) He's not on the screen for terribly long. He's more of a supporting role than a lead. But he's definitely got more time than Jemaine. I'd guestimate, through the whole 1:30 movie that he's in...20-25 minutes worth? Maybe 1/3rd? Not all at one time but different scenes throughout...

Nonch...I had some real trouble sending it out to you. I went to take it to the post office and I was like, "What if I want to watch it before she gets it back?" because I couldn't figure out how to rip it onto my computer *sigh*

Oh well :) It's too late now - the screencaps will keep me satisfied, I'm sure!

EDIT: Nevermind! I just found it on my computer! I thought it didn't work last night but it did! YAY! Win-win situation!

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:38 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:1.) He sounds the same as always

I think he sounds completely different on the HBO show as he does in interviews. :dunno:
kellysouthpaw wrote:2.) He plays a bumbling, goofy doctor. So he's playing "serious" but acting funny.
3.) Yes, all of the screencaps are from the "behind the scenes" featurette - they're not actually outtakes
4.) He's not on the screen for terribly long. He's more of a supporting role than a lead. But he's definitely got more time than Jemaine. I'd guestimate, through the whole 1:30 movie that he's in...20-25 minutes worth? Maybe 1/3rd? Not all at one time but different scenes throughout...
That's a lot! More than I was expecting. :D Do we have screencaps of him in the movie? What did you think of Jemaine's part?
kellysouthpaw wrote:Nonch...I had some real trouble sending it out to you. I went to take it to the post office and I was like, "What if I want to watch it before she gets it back?" because I couldn't figure out how to rip it onto my computer *sigh*

Oh well :) It's too late now - the screencaps will keep me satisfied, I'm sure!

Aw, I feel horrible. You are so incredible and self-sacrificing. You could've kept it, I would have totally understood. But I must say, your trouble parting with it only makes me want to see it even more! You will get it back pronto , I promise. :halo: You're the best. :iloveyou:
Image..Image..Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:42 am

Aw, nonch! :hug: don't feel bad! I just didn't think I'd love it as much as I ended up loving it. I felt pretty bretero during the movie.

Jemaine's part was super tiny, but pretty funny. It wasn't like...roll on the floor funny or anything - just amusing to play the part he did.

He will probably sound closer to the HBO version then. Though it's been a few days since I've watched it so his exact voice in the movie escapes me now. I just remember some of his lines and :roll2: to myself a bit. Ah, Dr. Cruise.

He has some of the same facial expressions as HBO Bret though...but totally appropriate facial expressions for the scenes, IMO.

I'm gushing ;) I'll stop!

hellomyfriend
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby hellomyfriend » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:45 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:... Does he sound the same? Is he funny or serious? His mannerisms in the screencaps seem very different from the HBO show. Are these screencaps all from the outtakes? How long is he on screen for the movie?

He sounds the same. It's pretty clear in the behind the scenes footage that there are a lot of differences between him and the HBO character. He doesn't seem shy ... more easy-going and silly. I loved his delight over the prop syringe. So funny and lovable. :heartbeat:

As mentioned, he doesn't have much screen time but he's adorable every time he's on screen. The character (Dr. Cruise) seemed a bit Dick Van Dyke-ish. I kept making the mental comparison over and over.

hellomyfriend

Postby hellomyfriend » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:47 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:Do we have screencaps of him in the movie?

Of Bret? Those are coming next. :boogie:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:49 am

hellomyfriend wrote:
nonchalant obsession wrote:The character (Dr. Cruise) seemed a bit Dick Van Dyke-ish. I kept making the mental comparison over and over.

YIS! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out who he reminded me of - and yis yis yis he reminded me quite a bit of Dick Van Dyke :)

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:53 am

Squeeee! Good enough to turn kelly kinda bretero! :shock: That's good. :wink:

Don't stop gushing. I need it. Plus I can't get enough of your gif. :purple: (looks like your color got messed up on the "i do what i want" part) I'm going to follow you all around the forum, just to watch Bret pop his collar...

kellysouthpaw wrote:Though it's been a few days since I've watched it so his exact voice in the movie escapes me now. I just remember some of his lines and to myself a bit. Ah, Dr. Cruise.

I'm going to have to own a copy, huh? I'm probably going to want to rewatch it too. Have we had any news on the contest for DVD's?

C'mon, tell nonch a couple more details....please? :eyelashes:
Image..Image..Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:56 am

Haha thanks for the heads up, nonch! I forgot the closing color tag in my sig :) I may have to cut out the color completely at some point to save on characters. We only get 450 you know! :shock:

I'll let you make the decision when you see the movie - but he's just so darn lovable and sweet in it...I couldn't help love him by the end. Whereas Jemaine's character kinda wanted to make me shake my head and scold him a bit at his behavior...

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:03 am

hellomyfriend wrote:
nonchalant obsession wrote:... Does he sound the same? Is he funny or serious? His mannerisms in the screencaps seem very different from the HBO show. Are these screencaps all from the outtakes? How long is he on screen for the movie?

He sounds the same. It's pretty clear in the behind the scenes footage that there are a lot of differences between him and the HBO character. He doesn't seem shy ... more easy-going and silly. I loved his delight over the prop syringe. So funny and lovable. :heartbeat:

:whitey: Can I love this man any more than I already do?

hellomyfriend wrote:As mentioned, he doesn't have much screen time but he's adorable every time he's on screen. The character (Dr. Cruise) seemed a bit Dick Van Dyke-ish. I kept making the mental comparison over and over.

Hmmm. Interesting. Now I'm imagining Bret in the movie, "Mary Poppins" :roll2:

More screen caps... :boogie: yea!
Image..Image..Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:05 am

I sent you a PM nonch - dunno if you saw it :)

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:08 am

No I didn't. Thanks, I'll go there now.

kellysouthpaw wrote:I'll let you make the decision when you see the movie - but he's just so darn lovable and sweet in it...I couldn't help love him by the end. Whereas Jemaine's character kinda wanted to make me shake my head and scold him a bit at his behavior...

8) I must admit I was a bit worried that the movie would be so terrible that it would affect my...uh...great admiration for Bret. But it sounds like I'm safe, and that makes me very happy. (for me and for Bret's acting career) What did Jemaine do? I can't stand it... :bang:
Image..Image..Image

hellomyfriend

Postby hellomyfriend » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:17 am

nonchalant obsession wrote: I must admit I was a bit worried that the movie would be so terrible that it would affect my...uh...great admiration for Bret.

I've been waiting to discover something wrong with him for quite awhile now, and I still haven't seen anything. Anything that could conceivably be a flaw (breaking stage lights by accident? wearing the same shirt for a week?) is only endearing.

:heartbeat:

Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Ozpot » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:42 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:You have three things that I have grown to love in a forum friend; an amazing computer, wicked screencap skills, and a deep appreciation for the sexiest nuances of Bret McKenzie.

Oh, I see how it is.

:tears:

:P
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:04 am

Ozpot wrote:
nonchalant obsession wrote:You have three things that I have grown to love in a forum friend; an amazing computer, wicked screencap skills, and a deep appreciation for the sexiest nuances of Bret McKenzie.

Oh, I see how it is.

:tears:

:P

Those aren't the ONLY three things, my little Ozpot. :comehere: :hug:

PS I love your new avatar. That shirt, if it was just a bit tighter, should have won the S2 Smackdown, imho.
Image..Image..Image

Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Ozpot » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:09 am

Maybe... :whitey:
Nonch, start focusing on Bret! No Jemaine for you! :chick:
Mostly because I want him. :bolt:
ImageImage

Return to “Bret McKenzie”