Bret snippets

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Bret snippets

Postby Sherry » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:14 pm

Sherry, all that info you provided for fluffy about Jemaine, could you do something similar for Bret? I'm too old to be going all fangirly, but those curls and the way he looks when he's singing "Boom!" just makes me all fluttery. Plus, the fact that he was studying literature at uni just makes me like him even more. Brains, talent, humor and good looks? Be still my heart.

indigo_jones, as you asked so nicely here are some snippets I recall or found in my archives for you (and anyone else who wants to squirrel them away somewhere)

1) He's 183cms tall

2) He did a few TV commercials in NZ. I think one was for wallpaper. Or was it carpet. I can't recall. Wallpaper sounds right.

3) A bit of a Bowie fan he said. I remember this as he said about wanting to see him live. And myself having seen the man perform a couple of times and being a bit of a fan of him also, it stuck.

4) Yuss, /me remembered correctly. Ballet. :lol:

5) He plays keyboards in the Black Seeds.

6) His 'elfin good looks' have graced the front page of USA Today.

7) His date of birth is 29.6.76

8- He did some song writing for Tongan Ninja

9) According to an old bit of blurb I found saved to file - Relevant Skills; Horseriding, Singer, Guitar, Piano, Oboe, Drums, Abseiling, Dance, Licences; Car, Motorbike,

10) I don't really have a #10. So I'll leave you with this - My first thought upon clapping eyes on his face peering round the door of the gallery was "O f***" Closely followed by "Why o why did I sit *here*, I'm sitting nearest the door, this means I'll be the first one to embarrass myself.... mutter mumble mutter mumble" and then after shaking hands, being hugged and making a total arse of myself, leaning over the balcony to ask the very nice barman for a round of drinks and to make mine another whiskey. :roll:

I no longer drink alcohol. In fact, I've hardly really drunk at all in the last 10 years, but of course that day, I was on the whiskey :shock:

I'll leave you with this. Its a few years old, but a decent pic methinks

Last edited by Sherry on Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffyblonde

Postby Fluffyblonde » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:39 pm

Not only are you uber classy, Miss Sherry, but your writing is hysterical! I am laughing my head off picturing it! I'm also a girl, so I feel the exact same things you felt and thought when I meet someone I admire, even though I'm a bit jaded because of my career. Despite that, I'm sure I have appeared to be a total moron at least once or twice. Think it was the drool that gave me away... :oops:

The man who gets me every time is Stevie Wonder. Anytime he's around, it's nearly impossible to remain calm and not burst into hysterics, however furtive I try to keep them. Adding to my embarrassment is the dichotomy of my appearance in those moments - standing there in a room full of people with tears streaming down my cheeks and a somewhat maniacal, glazed smile - in an evening gown, suit, whatever! (That's me. In Wonderland.) And you still have to somehow manage to appear competent and knowledgeable, and be able to carry on a reasonably intelligent conversation. Try that trick! People must think I'm insane. :roll:

The good news is that it's endearing to the artists. For them to see that their talent is so moving and impacting is very special to them. (Not to mention that it connotes the ease with which they can likely obtain "samples"...just kidding! :wink: ) And you present very well - easy to distinguish between you and an obsessed mental patient! :)

You're killing me! Keep it up! :wink:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:20 pm

Thank you very much, Sherry! Of course, now I have an image in my head of Bret in tights, riding a horse or motorbike, singing David Bowie songs. Actually, not a bad image!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:25 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Thank you very much, Sherry! Of course, now I have an image in my head of Bret in tights, riding a horse or motorbike, singing David Bowie songs. Actually, not a bad image!

In a tutu I hope. Dammit a tutu! :shock:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Nah, the tutu would get in the way of the interesting bits!

I can't believe I just said that. :oops:

Fluffyblonde

Postby Fluffyblonde » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:40 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Nah, the tutu would get in the way of the interesting bits!

I can't believe I just said that. :oops:

I applaud your courage, and welcome you to my world! :wink:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Re: Bret snippets

Postby Andria » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:48 am

Sherry wrote:4) Yuss, /me remembered correctly. Ballet. :lol:
5) He plays keyboards in the Black Seeds.
8- He did some song writing for Tongan Ninja
9) According to an old bit of blurb I found saved to file - Relevant Skills; Horseriding, Singer, Guitar, Piano, Oboe, Drums, Abseiling, Dance, Licences; Car, Motorbike,

Is there anything the guys don't do? Yep, sure, they are both quite talented. They must work really hard though, too! Jermaine acts, sings, plays guitar, composes, etc and for Bret see above. Think of how much time they must dedicate to all of their pursuits. Wow, now that's awesome. I have a hard enough time finding time to learn another language and play one instrument!
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

lyall
New arrival

Postby lyall » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:29 pm

So, what's the secret then? Are all Kiwis this wonderful? How much are those plane tickets down there....

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:40 am

lyall wrote:So, what's the secret then? Are all Kiwis this wonderful? How much are those plane tickets down there....

I already checked into it - $1200 from L.A. is the cheapest I've seen. (And no, I'm not THAT stalker-ish. I've wanted to see New Zealand for awhile now. :D )
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

specialkay
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby specialkay » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:00 am

Are all Kiwi's this wonderful @lyall? Well, I don't know but, Karl Urban is for sure! :lol: sorry, shamless plug! He is a kiwi and a darn fine one at that! and DOOM comes out in less than a week! AHHH
i will hush now...
I came in the thread to ask you Sherry, did Bret have a sister in Tongan Ninja? I was just wondering when I saw a McKenzie listed on the credits? Do you know about this? Does Bret have a sister who acts also? :?
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

LostAtSea
New arrival

Postby LostAtSea » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:52 am

Andria wrote:
lyall wrote:So, what's the secret then? Are all Kiwis this wonderful? How much are those plane tickets down there....

I already checked into it - $1200 from L.A. is the cheapest I've seen. (And no, I'm not THAT stalker-ish. I've wanted to see New Zealand for awhile now. :D )

With a bit of price-shopping and paying attention for some weeks, you can find tickets from LA to NZ for under $1000. Best I've seen is $650 roundtrip LA to Christchurch -- and yes, that was with all taxes etc. included. The Air New Zealand website generally has the best specials, but only every couple of months. So, it's not that much! And definitely worth the effort. :-)

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:09 am

LostAtSea wrote:With a bit of price-shopping and paying attention for some weeks, you can find tickets from LA to NZ for under $1000. Best I've seen is $650 roundtrip LA to Christchurch -- and yes, that was with all taxes etc. included. The Air New Zealand website generally has the best specials, but only every couple of months. So, it's not that much! And definitely worth the effort. :-)

Really? Wow! That's really good. I might be able to go to NZ sooner that I had hoped. Wisconsin to L.A. isn't too far ;), then just a hop, skip and a giant leap to New Zealand.
Any area that you think is particularly spectacular? Must see sites? :)

MadMax
Top Bloke

Postby MadMax » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:19 am

I've started a thread in the general forum with a few pictures of New Zealand.

I much prefer the South Island, although I love Wellington, Taupo is nice, and you need to see Rotorua (smelly mud!) and Mt Ruapehu. Plus you probably want to go to the Taranaki Tavern if possible. :P

I *really* like the top of the South Island. Nelson, Abel Tasman national park etc. Doing the ferry trip across from Wellington is definitely worth it.

There is a LOT to see on the South Island. I like mountains and water, particularly when they're next to each other, so there are almost limitless places and things to see. Wanaka, Queenstown, Lake Tekapo, Lake Pukaki, Mt Cook, Lindis Pass, Doubtful Sound, and of course Christchurch and Dunedin.

Go for a week, stay for the rest of your life. :D :D :D
"..you can't take the sky from me.."

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:44 am

Thanks for the recommendations! I really like mountains and water as well. The pictures are fantastic, by the way. :D
I suppose I should post any further trip comments to the relevant thread. :oops: Sorry 'bout that.

Return to “Bret McKenzie”