The Muppets!

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: James Bobin

Postby Great H » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:49 am

I wonder why the two different versions of the pic? Weird. I really hope Bret's onscreen in it!! :pray:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:50 am

Venus wrote:Ooh, I have a friend living in Pasadena! I'll definitely give her a heads up. :)

If you do, it was at or around Marshall Fundamental School if that helps. 8)
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:59 am

Aw I love that picture! It has 3 of my favorite people plus some of my favorite Muppets in it. I was obsessed with the Muppets when I was a girl. I'm so excited for this movie!!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:01 am

vmh wrote:
Venus wrote:Ooh, I have a friend living in Pasadena! I'll definitely give her a heads up. :)

If you do, it was at or around Marshall Fundamental School if that helps. 8)

Thanks, vmh! I'll let her know. :thumb:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:11 am

Great H wrote:I wonder why the two different versions of the pic? Weird.

I know, :hrm: but for me personally, it's probably for the best. Had I opened my mailbox, pulled out my EW and flipped to a centerfold with Bret in it....with no warning?!?!?!... :shock: ... :thud: ...I may not have survived it. :lol:

Great H wrote:I really hope Bret's onscreen in it!! :pray:

I'm trying not to get my hopes up for a cameo...(but a cameo would be amazing!!!!!). And just because he's composing/writing songs, doesn't mean he'll be the one singing them either...I guess. :| Oh, I hope we get more details about his role in all this. Just to be involved in the music alone though is so flipping cool. I still love the song "The Rainbow Connection". :heart: (22 different chords on ukulele, btw. :shock: :rock: )

Red wrote:Aw I love that picture! It has 3 of my favorite people plus some of my favorite Muppets in it. I was obsessed with the Muppets when I was a girl. I'm so excited for this movie!!

Jason's puppets were so great in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. :thumb: This movie will be such a special experience for a lot of people.

Which Muppet is your favorite?
Image..Image..Image

Red

Postby Red » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:25 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:
Which Muppet is your favorite?

It's a tie between Miss Piggy and Beaker. :D

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:34 am

Red wrote:It's a tie between Miss Piggy and Beaker. :D

Beaker! I love Beaker, and the Swedish Chef. :thumb: Also the guys in the balcony, lol. I think my favorite "main" Muppet was probably Gonzo though.

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:36 am

I flipflop between Bert and Ernie. :lol: :wink: Seriously, they were my first favorite comedy duo! :thumb: I loved Bert's nerdiness and strange sense of humor, and Ernie's teasing and lightheartedness.
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:46 am

Bert's interests were so weird too. :lol: I remember wondering to myself as a kid why Ernie was friends with him, I used to wonder that a lot actually because I thought Bert was so mean to him a lot of the time, it was a mystery to me why Ernie put up with him. I finally decided Ernie was just so nice he was incapable of not being friends with someone and Bert was just really lucky to have found him, lol.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:24 am

You realize that Bert and Ernie were named after Bert and Ernie in It's A Wonderful Life? Bert (Ward Bond) was the cop, Ernie (Frank Faylen) was the taxi driver.

I also loved Statler and Waldorf, heckling from the balcony on their show.

And hippie Joni, the blonde - "Fer sure".

Somehow the Swedish Chef really made me roar, and Animal facing the camera in the movie and yelling "Go Home!" always got me.

My husband went to school with a guy who built Muppets, both for the movies and Sesame Street, and he once gave John a whole lot of wood left over from building some characters and sets - enough wood to build a loft bed! We always felt that our bed was made from would-be Muppets. :roll:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Red

Re: James Bobin to direct Muppet movie

Postby Red » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:04 am

Aw that's awesome, Nance! :lol:

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Nancy, I didn't know that about Bert and Ernie. And I forgot about Joni, lol. I also always liked the "Pigs in Space" skits. What was that captain's name? Dirk something? :hrm:

Nancy wrote:We always felt that our bed was made from would-be Muppets. :roll:

:lol: That's awesome. :thumb:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:40 am

You know, that's why the Muppet movies are so successful - there are so many characters to use in their stories, and they're used so well!

Of course, I forgot to mention the obvious who is one of my favorites - Kermit.
When they began the first movie with Rainbow Connection, I lost it, but in a good way. :tears:

I really hope Bret gets some on camera time in this.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Turns out my friend knows that filming location in Pasadena well. :thumb: She knows of a few places where Bret has been spotted hanging out over the past couple of years through what others have told her and even what Bret said when she met him. She's now going to be more alert just in case she sees some familiar faces in the area. ;)

Info on reported cameos in the film. Go Kristen! :)

The Muppets Get Some Helping Hands
Submitted by Brendon Connelly on November 13, 2010 – 5:01 pm

With production on James Bobin’s The Muppets finally, excitingly underway, more details are coming to light about some of the human supporting players scheduled to appear.

Here’s a list of recently named joiners, with details on their characters where possible. There are light spoilers inherent in this list.

* Eric Stonestreet, John Krasinski and Ed Helms – Lady Gaga’s entourage. I don’t know if Gaga is in as well as the pop stars named in the script, or instead of them but I expect the latter

* Jane Lynch – A prison guard with that special Jane Lynch vibe

* Danny Trejo – A prisoner with that special Danny Trejo vibe

* Donald Glover – I have no idea what role he has, but I’d die of joy if they acknowledge his Spider-Man campaign some how

* Jack Black – In a recent-ish draft of the script, Black plays himself and has a good number of scenes

* Zach Galifianakis – A hobo called Hobo Joe

* Alan Arkin – I’ve got no idea, but there’s a judge character he’d be really good for

* Barbara Eden – Jeannie, as in I Dream Of…

* French Stewart – Gabe Lou, wristwatch salesman. Wristwatches and indeed clocks and time in general are of some importance to the plot

* Kristen Schaal – The moderator of an anger management group. There was a great cameo scripted for this scene and I hope the (rather serious) actor in question has agreed to do the scene

The little sequence in the prison is one of my favourite bits of the screenplay and contains one of the most fun cameos you can imagine, from somebody not on this list. Use your imagination and Muppet trivia recall.

Finally, there was a rumour that Paul Rudd would be playing the voice of Walter the Muppet but Jeff Sneider says no. I guess we’re back to Michael Cera…?

Filming is taking place on La Brea in Hollywood this weekend, likely right by the Muppet studios. Let me take this opportunity to profess my undying and only-slightly-conditional love of everybody in the area with a camera. You know where to reach me…

Thanks to The Wrap and Production Weekly for the casting info. Thanks to The Muppets for… well, everything, really.

Source
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:46 pm

mockingbird wrote:
Red wrote:It's a tie between Miss Piggy and Beaker. :D

Beaker! I love Beaker, and the Swedish Chef. :thumb: Also the guys in the balcony, lol.

I am right there with ya! I do love Animal (he is the antenna topper on my car-love looking for him in parking lots to help remember where I left my car :D ) though his whole lusting after women gets a little over-acted :lol:

Nancy wrote:You know, that's why the Muppet movies are so successful - there are so many characters to use in their stories, and they're used so well!

I really hope Bret gets some on camera time in this.

I agree on both counts Nancy!

p.s.
Captain Link Hogthrob led the crew of Pigs In Space.

Return to “Bret McKenzie”