The Muppets!

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Re: The Muppets!

Postby Venus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:58 am

OK, just post how you would embed the YouTube video and I'll try and figure out what's going wrong.

Oh and here's a pic comparing those guys behind Bret to Statler & Waldorf. :lol:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:06 am

Well, I can tell you I never saw any comparisons anywhere, lol....after Jake showed me the paused bit of Bret jumping on the tv this morning I went looking at pics online and those 2 guys just jumped out as S&W when I saved the pic! :lol: Every Muppet fan noticed, I bet. 8) How cool is that? Has anyone said who they are?
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:16 am

Thanks GreatH, a big win on posting a working link to the acceptance speech! Actually, it's the site that I recorded from. It's exactly the same vid I was planning on uploading & posting here. What is that expression, done & dusted?! Did I get that right? :lol:

V, thanks for the youtube help. I'm going to re-try and experiment a bit.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:35 am

Venus wrote:Oh and here's a pic comparing those guys behind Bret to Statler & Waldorf.
LauraK wrote:I went looking at pics online and those 2 guys just jumped out as S&W when I saved the pic! :lol: Every Muppet fan noticed, I bet.
Either that or the journo lurks here! :nod:

SheWolf wrote:Perhaps tonight's not my night.
Have another cupcake SW. (Or more wine) :lol:

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:16 am

Awwww, Bret's mum granted an interview about the Oscars.

http://tvnz.co.nz/breakfast-news/video-bret-mckenzie-s-mum-oscar-success-4744649

Great H

Postby Great H » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:22 am

Ooo... thanks 4ever!
"He was dancing everywhere"! :lol:

And here's an audio of a radio station talking to her just after the award had been announced - and before she'd even spoken to Bret!

Great H

Postby Great H » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:30 am

From The Guardian at an after party

3. There really isn't enough variety in the losers' faces

Well, hi, Bret McKenzie, from The Flight of the Conchords! Congratulations on winning an Oscar!

"Aw, thanks – it's completely nuts, isn't it?"

I don't know – I really liked your songs in The Muppets. Personally, I preferred Party of One to Man or Muppet, the song you won for, but, hey, who cares? You totally deserved it.

"Thank you. But for the past 24 hours I really thought I wasn't going to get it so I was practising my face."

Your loser face? Don't losers always just smile politely and clap? Or, worse, almost, make that ecstatic gasp, as Glenn Close did this year for Meryl Streep, as though Meryl had been jobbing around for decades and was finally getting the recognition she deserves. "Someone who has so many awards she probably uses most of them as teething toys for her grandchildren has beaten me! Yay!" So are you saying, Bret, other facial options are available to losers besides grace and ecstasy?

"Oh yeah, I wanted to do this" – he reels back in horror, face in hands. "Or maybe this" – he mouths exaggeratedly a word that is not suitable for a family newspaper. "I thought that would work."

That would TOTALLY work! It almost makes me regret that you won. But, you know, not really.

"Yeah. Not really."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Source

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:33 am

:rolls: :roll2: :rolls: :roll2:

YisBot
Keeping it funky

Postby YisBot » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Hahaha, aww he's so cute. It was definitely refreshing to see someone having fun with everything rather than being so serious and blah. Worth staying up till 430am to see it!
I went to the bank.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:34 pm

A word about the mike placement and Bret bending down to it.
I used to go to the Tony Awards dress rehearsals, and the actors pretending to be the stars accepting awards were told:
As long as you are above the mike, you will be heard - it is very sensitive.
It was set low because of Zach's height, but Will didn't bend over very far and we could hear him fine. Even if he had stood up straight, we could have heard him. It will pick up taller people who obviously would prefer the mike closer, but the natural tendency is to have the mike close to the mouth. If you notice the Grammys, they are the worst at bending over, and the sound truck always goes ballistic.

I just don't understand why techies don't inform the talent about this - maybe it's their way of sticking it to the talent.? :dunno:

PS GH, I did the same as SW and I ended up downloading Ivid, but didn't want it as my homepage, so it never downloaded, thankfully.I just got the last link, and it's the whole best song segment, and life is good. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:55 pm

I couldn't get the MP4 off of Bearshare yet Bearshare was all over my computer. A cupcake, reboot and uninstall solved that tho.

What was up with the sound at the Oscars in general? I thought my TV was having technical difficulties then I realized it was just the show.
90% evil
ImageImage

Great H

Postby Great H » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 pm

YisBot wrote:Worth staying up till 430am to see it!
Eek! Was it that late?! Now I'm very grateful I had to sneakily watch it at work! :lol:

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:16 pm

I love that pic of Bret jumping on the red carpet!!! To me it looks like an audition for the Wiggles..... His hands have a definite "Wiggle" pose going on!!! :P Ahhhhh kids, the get the better of us all!! :P

Actually, I think that Bret could be a new Wiggle.... a green one perhaps? Spice them up a bit.... Replace Dorothy the dinosaur with Albi the racist dragon???? :blush:

Clea Fitzpatrick
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Clea Fitzpatrick » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:33 pm

gibbsrus wrote:Spice them up a bit.... Replace Dorothy the dinosaur with Albi the racist dragon???? :blush:

:rolls:
"Purpose for the biscuits - you put N/A"

Great H

Postby Great H » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 pm

gibbsrus wrote:Spice them up a bit.... Replace Dorothy the dinosaur with Albi the racist dragon????
That. is. brilliant. :lol:

Return to “Bret McKenzie”