Bret set to star in the film "Two Little Boys"

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Re: Bret set to star in the film "Two Little Boys"

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:24 pm

hahahha, Frankenweenie flopped everywhere. Good. It was weak Tim Burton, like a parody of Tim Burton.

Nice...since that film is a Blu-ray, changes are it will be region free!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:00 pm

My Two Little Boys DVD arrived this morning! Can't wait to watch it! :yay:

TLB is also available on iTunes NZ and it's currently no.1 in the iTunes NZ charts. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:28 am

Yay!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus

Postby Venus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 pm

I've watched the film and it was all I expected it to be and more! I would have loved to have seen more extras but the DVD was still very enjoyable to watch. :D
&

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Oh, Venus, since i know you read the book and you have good taste that movie is a must for me...I might have to order it thru iTunes.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Venus

Postby Venus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:30 pm

Aww, thanks MM! I'm sure you'll enjoy it too as it is pretty loyal to the book. As far as I know, it's only available on iTunes NZ so international fans aren't able to download it yet. DVD/Blu-ray regions and shipping costs does make things quite complicated for those outside of NZ/AUS. I hope it won't take too long for the film to become available overseas. :)
&

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Still eagerly checking the post everyday.... my DVD can't be too far away??? I hope.

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Wow, you still haven't received it yet? I must say NZ delivery is very efficient for me these days. Even faster than some domestic mail I receive. :lol: I got an email saying it was shipped on Thursday and then received my DVD the following Tuesday. Hope you get it soon if you haven't already.
&

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 pm

More than likely Australia Post holding it up.... but...... It arrived today!!!!! :D :D :D Just finished watching it :D Next time I watch it I am going to count the f's :P I have a favourite line but it's well kind of full of f's.... and a truck!!! :P A little too tired atm for a review but I reckon I might just sleep well now. Loooooooong awaited :D NEVER thought I would love a mullet!!!

Venus

Postby Venus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:00 pm

Yay, glad the DVD arrived! :D

I liked ending with Bret and "Jase the Ace", I think the baby's called. So cute. And I liked how they included Jeurgen in the film considering he is dead for the majority of the film so I was wondering why they would have flown him out to NZ for a very minor role. :P

Bret & Hamish are really pulled off those mullets. They did a great job playing the characters. :)
&

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Venus wrote:Yay, glad the DVD arrived! :D

I liked ending with Bret and "Jase the Ace", I think the baby's called. So cute. And I liked how they included Jeurgen in the film considering he is dead for the majority of the film so I was wondering why they would have flown him out to NZ for a very minor role. :P

Bret & Hamish are really pulled off those mullets. They did a great job playing the characters. :)

I liked the part where Maaka sang, what a voice he's got. Beautiful. Bret/Nige was listening so intently to his singing.

The mullets are good. :lol:

I have to watch again, it was nearly midnight when I watched it and I had to be up in 6 hours for work this morning. Ive gotta admit I was fighting sleep and I don't know if I missed anything. I liked it but I found some details different to the book, or is my memory playing tricks with me?
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Venus

Postby Venus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 am

4everconchordsfan wrote:
Venus wrote:Yay, glad the DVD arrived! :D

I liked the part where Maaka sang, what a voice he's got. Beautiful. Bret/Nige was listening so intently to his singing.

The mullets are good. :lol:

I have to watch again, it was nearly midnight when I watched it and I had to be up in 6 hours for work this morning. Ive gotta admit I was fighting sleep and I don't know if I missed anything. I liked it but I found some details different to the book, or is my memory playing tricks with me?

Yes, Maaka has such a lovely singing voice! :nod:

There were a few differences from the book. A few things were added and taken out. It's been a while since I've read the book so I may be wrong but I think Monica wasn't pregnant/didn't have a baby in the book so that changed the Nige/Monica storyline and the ending a bit. Which other details were you thinking of? :)
&

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:28 am

My memory might be playing tricks, it's been so long since I've read it, but I think she was pregnant. I don't remember her giving birth, though. Don't even remember if it was Nige's. But it could be just bad brain cells. :dunno: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:19 pm

I have to learn how to censor stuff before I comment :P

I was trying to get a screen shot for my cousin of Hamish cause he has funny tooth thing happening but I managed to land on something VERY odd of dear Ham.....

if anyone knows what I am talking about, please let me know if it is okay to post..... I don't want to break any rules. It is a photo of just Hamish, used during one of the montages of pics of what the boys got up to flatting together.

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:48 pm

I probably have completely forgotten the whole Monica being pregnant storyline in the book. I only remember Nige grovelling to her :P
Haha, a certain photo of Hamish in the montage caught my eye in the montage and it probably is the one you're referring to. ;)
You can post the pic between these spoiler tags (without the spaces): [ spoiler= ] [ /spoiler]
&

Return to “Bret McKenzie”