Muppets Most Wanted

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: Muppets Most Wanted

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks for commenting on the movie, Dierdre. It got a great review in our paper, saying the movie AND the music was even better than the first one.
I'm waiting for cheapo for seniors Wednesday at my local cinema. :waiting:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on the film, Deirdre! It's released over here later this week so I can't wait to finally watch it. :D

Interviews with Bret:
Muppets Most Wanted Exclusive: Bret McKenzie on Following Oscar Win
‘Muppets Most Wanted’s’ Bret McKenzie Talks Songwriting and Sequel Pressures

Jemaine's currently in London, mostly to promote Rio 2 but he attended the Muppets Most Wanted VIP screening earlier this evening. :D The beard's gone!

For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:05 pm

So much better without the beard. :halo:

gibbsrus
Half a shapely halibut

Postby gibbsrus » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:18 pm

Showing a little gratitude.
little gratitude.jpg

go to the moon.jpg

I made some screen shots but I don't know how to add bigger pics :(

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:37 pm

How do I see this video?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:03 pm

ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:06 pm

So. many. great. faces. :love: Bret :love:
ImageImage

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:50 pm

Loved it!!!

But he isn't singing it in the movie, is he? He has a great Russian accent, and I thought he should sing all of his songs that Kermit or Constantine sang. Anyone know?

I just want to remind you guys that 8 1/2 years ago when this site really took off, Bret and Jemaine were HUGE to us, but barely known outside of New Zealand. We knew they were special and were going to make it big. They put in the work and used their natural talent and I believe they have become more than we even thought possible.

In ten years, the sky is the limit. As I always say, it has been a privilege watching their rise to fame that allows them to do the creative jobs they want to do. What the Folk may not be a big thing in their lives now. But there was a time when we really were their fan base. I hope they know that we are still here rooting for them. :yay: :love: :wave:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:00 pm

I believe Nancy said she mentioned to Bret at the Muppet sing along in NY that she was a mod at WTF and he perked right up. :D Let me go see.....

Here we are:
Nancy wrote:I was getting a photo with Walter kissing me when Bret came out, and after the folks that wanted autographs were done, Sully and I introduced ourselves (I told him I was a moderator on WTF, and a delighted look came over his face) Sully got a nice photo with him, and as I asked Bret if he'd take a selfie of us, my phone went on strike and wouldn't work. But we had a chance to chat and tell him about how much fun we had with WTFers from around the world watching the Oscars and celebrating his win with members in Australia, Norway, London, US, etc, and he said, "Yeah, that was a pretty cool night, wasn't it?" So delightfully unassuming!
And then we told him where we first caught FoTC - for me, it was Town Hall, for Sully it was Tower Theater, both in May of 2008, so we said we were the folks who could say, "we knew him when..." :D So then Bret mentioned Radio City and we said we were there, and then he mentioned Little Red, and I said, "Oh yes!!!", and we got shushed because Walter was doing an audio interview behind us. Bret did a whoops we're in trouble face, and so we whispered about poor Little Red. :tears:
I then told him that we had a RIP Little Red thread on WTF, which made him laugh.

I wish he'd drop by and say hello... :)
ImageImage

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen it.

Jemaine would very rarely come over and take a peak. But from what I heard, Bret would not ever. But that was before the internet really took off. Maybe Bret doesn't mind the computer anymore. If he comes over,
I hope he pokes his head up and says hi.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:06 pm

I know there are a few J posts...I always figured Bret lurked over J's shoulder occasionally, lol...

They should drop by, especially since we aren't as crowded of late and the hormones are a bit calm at the moment.... :lol:
ImageImage

Deirdre

Postby Deirdre » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:46 pm

That's for sure.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:41 pm

Yesterday I found out at the last minute that James Bobin & Ty Burrell were taking part in a Q&A at the Apple Store in Regent Street to promote Muppets Most Wanted. It was lovely seeing James again and both him and Ty were very sweet throughout. :D

Deirdre wrote:Loved it!!!

But he isn't singing it in the movie, is he? He has a great Russian accent, and I thought he should sing all of his songs that Kermit or Constantine sang. Anyone know?

Haven't watched the movie yet but it should be the muppets singing the songs but you can hear Bret's demos on the official soundtrack. I've now listened to the full soundtrack and wow, Bret does really good impressions of the muppets! :clap: :D

I'm so glad Nancy mentioned WTF! to Bret so at least he knows that we're still here supporting him but I still don't think Bret is into social media etc. as much as Jemaine. I wouldn't say Bret completely avoids the Internet though since he seems to be a fan of YouTube. ;)

Interview with Bret- he even mentions that there have been very loose discussions about FOTC touring Japan!
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:04 am

Just a quick pop in to say that I too saw the movie last week. I admit that I didn't like it as much as the first (or rather, the last) but the songs were a lot of fun. I left there with "I'll Get You What You Want" firmly stuck in my head and had to watch the video with Bret again as I preferred his rendition. ;)

I was also unaware of just how big a role Jemaine would have - I had assumed it was more of a cameo. I had to point him out to my daughter, who totally didn't recognize him. The dancing was good. :nod:

It really is a lot of fun watching them grow and develop seperately but still together, in some ways. They always have each other as a reference.

But I do miss seeing them TOGETHER! Maybe one day...

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:09 am

Venus, so glad that you got to hang with James & Ty, what a thrill :clap:

I've got quite a few screencaps for Bret's song, will have to post them to a website, then glad to share.

Here are a few....
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Return to “Bret McKenzie”