The Video Kid

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
sarpugster
Lost but happy at sea

Re: The Video Kid

Postby sarpugster » Wed May 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Also now uploaded - a high quality version of CCTV.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Nice. :) Thanks, sarpugster! Looked excellent viewed full-screen, which I couldn't do w/ the other.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu May 27, 2010 1:47 am

Ooh excellent! Thanks so much for posting those videos, sarpugster! :D :hug:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kipples » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:35 pm

Image :D

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 pm

:heart: :supz: :heart: Wow, kipples!!! That is beautiful. You really caught some interesting moments! I like the second row, first square. :)
Image..Image..Image

kipples

Postby kipples » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Second row horizontally or Vertically? If you would like the bigger version pm me your email address.

Venus

Postby Venus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:39 pm

Ooh, it's so pretty! Yes, you definitely captured some excellent moments in the video. Great job, kipples! :thumb:
&

kipples

Postby kipples » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Venus

Postby Venus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:35 am

CCTV! :yay: Another excellent job, kipples! :D
&

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 am

kipples wrote:Second row horizontally or Vertically? If you would like the bigger version pm me your email address.

I was thinking of the teal half face on the tiny screen. :D Thanks, kip! Love the CCTV montage as well! :thumb:

C'mon, Bret...we want another solo album!!! :pray:
Image..Image..Image

kipples

Postby kipples » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:56 am

It's official, I have too much time on my hands

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:12 pm

:D How'd you do that?

Which is your favorite song, kipples?
Image..Image..Image

kipples

Postby kipples » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:25 pm

I came across this very pointless website http://www.lunchtimers.com/game/?game=l ... omid=room2

nonchalant obsession wrote:Which is your favorite song, kipples?

Now that is a tough question. It would be easier to ask me which one I like the least, and that would be Video Kid.
It's really more the one I play the least as oppose to like the least. I really like the outro of Video Kid. Really heartbreakingly peaceful music.
Dawn Skate would be another one I would often skip. I don't really like the drums at the beginning but as soon as it gets into the chorus then I'm hooked.
But if I had a gun at my head and was told I had to pick one song as my favourite to survive, :hrm: I would.....have to go with..... Runnin, but it has to be with Runnin Dub (probably goes without saying). That guitar at beginning just draws me in everytime and when it stops for that second in Runnin Dub and comes back with that drum beat.....WOOO :supz: !!!! Don't stand too close to me if I'm dancing to that as I'd be liable to cause some injury to someone.
Crime Scene is in a class of it's own though. It's not a song I can listen to all the time as it is rather depressing but beautiful, kinda like Radiohead. I love that sound he creates in the middle of the song, might have been done with an Omnichord?
While I'm at it I may as well say what I love about the other songs :D
DJz Girlfriend will always hold a special place in my heart (the guy mumbled the lyrics to himself in front of me. That's practically a private concert :worry: !).
CCTV and Let Her Go are both very funky. I love singing along to Let Her Go and that crazy electric beat sound as their singing the last "ebb and flow" bit.
Slip Away is just an absolute dream of song. The lyrics are beautiful but simple. It's a very calming song, and one of the few songs that always makes me ok after I've listened to it.
It reminds me a bit of The Beatles Mother Nature's Son come to think of it.

So Nonch, you have the floor. What's your favourite?

I have to go for an MRI scan next week (I've fainted quite a few times in my life and my doctor just wants to make sure it's nothing too serious). It says in the letter that it will last about 40 minutes and I can bring a CD in with me that I'll be able to listen to while I'm in there. Guess what I'm going to bring in with me?

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:53 pm

Well written, thoughtful post kip. I love it when people use their words. :wink: :) Or hot photos...either way. :lol: Thanks for the insight.

I can't listen to the song Video Kid without first giggling in a very immature way about the lyric, "Here comes the Video Kid..." I must confess that I might like to experience that first hand. *snicker* I think Bret mentioned somewhere that it was his favorite song (?) I love that. Or maybe he liked the lyrics? :hrm: I can't remember. My favourite by far is Slip Away. That guitar lick at the start is one of my all time, most adored musical moments. :heart: CCTV and Dawn Skate would be next. Crime Scene is haunting and very special. I'll have to listen for the onmichord. Let her go is one I used to skip, but now I really enjoy it. Hints of The Black Seeds. 8) DJz Girlfriend is probably my least favorite track (though still a favorite) but the new video has certainly improved my taste for it. :waggle: How very special that you got to hear The Kid himself mutter the song to help recall the lyric. What a precious memory.
:whitey:
Bret's gentle, sensual voice will help you breeze through that MRI. :hug: I'm sure everything is fine, but it's wise to make sure. You didn't faint at the concert or any of the meet and greets did you? :lol: See? You must be super strong! I nearly pass out myself everytime I see your pic with Bret. :thud:
Image..Image..Image

kipples

Postby kipples » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Wow! I love how we have quite different tastes on the same thing

I never made that connection with the Video Kid track. "Here comes the Video Kid, na na nana na" :lol:

I actually decided to buy the album after only hearing DJz Girlfriend. I think it was the line "One eye on those wheels of steel, the other on the guys tryin' to cop a feel.." that sold me, and the sax that's used in it. And the video is just beautiful! I've sent Loop a message through youtube asking them who the director is. Here's hoping they reply.

Return to “Bret McKenzie”