The Video Kid

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:18 am

Never heard of The Smiths?! *clutches chest and falls over *

*Move walker out of the way to type* Morrissey? Nothing? Check your PM.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:35 am

indigo_jones wrote:Never heard of The Smiths?! *clutches chest and falls over *

*Move walker out of the way to type* Morrissey? Nothing? Check your PM.

*tries to revive Jones from her shocked stupor* I'm sorry! :oops: Must have been quite of a shock there. Nope, not a clue. Not an inkling. You shall have to educate me. :D

BTW, I have no idea what DJz Girlfriend is either. But then, my hearing as never been the best. :roll:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:49 pm

BTW, I have no idea what DJz Girlfriend is either. But then, my hearing as never been the best.

Oh good. It's not just me. :) Hopefully, we'll get an answer to that and other burning questions though!

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:59 pm

indigo_jones wrote:
BTW, I have no idea what DJz Girlfriend is either. But then, my hearing as never been the best.

Oh good. It's not just me. :) Hopefully, we'll get an answer to that and other burning questions though!

My bad. I have to confess I never put that one in :oops: :oops:

I missed it when I was wading through them all. Sorry. It was a bit of a nightmare trying to sort out from over 120 questions. Again, apologies.

Goes to :stick:

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:06 pm

Shoot. And the last time I tried, the contact section of the Video Kid website wasn't working.

Andria and I will just have to come up with our own guesses. That will probably be more fun anyway! :D

I think Sherry deserves a :stick: , though, since she's the one who suggested I ask that question! :wink:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:41 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Andria and I will just have to come up with our own guesses. That will probably be more fun anyway! :D

I think Sherry deserves a :stick: , though, since she's the one who suggested I ask that question! :wink:

Guessing could be very fun! :lol: DJz girlfriend is a...out of zone? Alison? (!) hot hoe? *LOL* Techno garble?

I would :stick: Sherry, but I asked quite a few questions - so I should probably just :stick: myself for contributing to the needle in a hay stack situation.

Indigo - You could email the guys at the FotC address with the question. :wink: They might give you a response. It would probably be cheeky and teasing in the Conchordian way, but they might reply! :rolls:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:34 pm

Guessing could be very fun! DJz girlfriend is a...out of zone? Alison? (!) hot hoe? *LOL* Techno garble?

Yeah, "out of zone" was one of my guesses. I like the Alison guess, though! I've also come up with "eye sore", "out Azores" and "auto zone". All perfectly sensible guesses, right? :wink:

I have thought of e-mailing Bret about it at the Conchords e-mail address ... I guess it depends on how frustrated I get over it. Right now I'm having fun making guesses.

I sent in a fair share of my own questions, so I can't really complain if that one didn't get included. None of my questions were all that important. I'm just curious to see what responses the guys give to any questions they were posed. I'm sure everyone else came up with more interesting questions anyway.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:51 am

indigo_jones wrote:Yeah, "out of zone" was one of my guesses. I like the Alison guess, though! I've also come up with "eye sore", "out Azores" and "auto zone". All perfectly sensible guesses, right? :wink:

Ahh, good guesses! I'll have to listen a couple more times and see if I can get anymore. :lol:

None of my questions were important either. Quite nonsensical. I, too, am curious to see what the guys have to say - to any of the questions people have posed. Very exciting. :D It doesn't take much to make me happy. *L*

Right now I have 'Crime Scene' running through my dome. I don't really get the story (I'm kind of thick that way...), but the song is great. :)

On Edit: Doesn't the beginning of Slip Away sound like the ocean noises from Mermaid Part A? Retro Analog Ocean Noises must be Bret's thing. :wink:

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:07 am

Right now I have 'Crime Scene' running through my dome. I don't really get the story (I'm kind of thick that way...), but the song is great.

On Edit: Doesn't the beginning of Slip Away sound like the ocean noises from Mermaid Part A? Retro Analog Ocean Noises must be Bret's thing.

I really like Crime Scene, too, but I'm also a little confused on it. Did he commit the crime, was he the victim of the crime. What kind of retail environment did it happen in? Still, very cool, and it's kind of fun having this weird ambiguity. Oddly enough, it turns out really sexy in a way, too, particularly the end. I love how his voice sounds in the song. That one, CCTV and Dawnskate all make me hit the repeat button a lot, because I can't just listen to them once.

And yes, I was thinking today that the beginning of Slip Away does sound a bit like the ocean noises in Mermaid (we're already pretty relaxed). :) Which reminds me, I still need to find The Smith's song I mentioned. I've been running around like crazy today.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:45 am

At the end of Crime Scene, who is he talking to? "Baby, what the hell happened to you?" Or any guesses? :wink: Very cool song.
I really like Cctv, too. "I'm not gonna change the way I move, let those cameras catch my bootay" *LOL* Great. :D And Dawnskate is another really nice one. "Early morning nighttime" - did I hear that right. Neat lyric, if so.

Jemaine: "*cough* I think we're all pretty calm actually" LOL I like the retro ocean noises. Aids the mood of the song. :D Both songs.

Thanks for looking for that Smiths song. No rush, however.
Oh, yeah - didn't you have a show or something today? I seem to remember reading that somewhere. Needing to make Butterfinger Candy. :D

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:22 pm

I've got the craft show tomorrow and I'm starting to panic. :shock: Glue fumes this early in the morning are particularly potent, too!

At the end of Crime Scene, who is he talking to? "Baby, what the hell happened to you?" Or any guesses? Very cool song.
I really like Cctv, too. "I'm not gonna change the way I move, let those cameras catch my bootay" *LOL* Great. And Dawnskate is another really nice one. "Early morning nighttime" - did I hear that right. Neat lyric, if so.

For what it's worth, I thought it was his lover at the end of Crime Scene who was talking to him saying "what the hell happened to you." But I could be wrong. But I like that take on it, so I'm sticking with it until he tells me otherwise. :wink:

That line in CCTV is probably one of the reasons why I like it so much! And the bit about rewinding and watching him frame by frame. Hmmm ... maybe I just relate to being the one doing that! :oops:

As for early morning nighttime, I agree, that's such a great line. Really evocative. That whole song -- lyrically and musically -- creates such a strong image in my head.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:41 am

indigo_jones wrote:I've got the craft show tomorrow and I'm starting to panic. :shock: Glue fumes this early in the morning are particularly potent, too!

Don't panic! Get out of the fumes, they are starting to make you act crazy...wait...Do you have glue fumes around a lot? Or is this normal behaviour? :wink: Good luck on your craft show - I'm sure you will sell lots of goodies (by the looks of your website, it won't be a problem - the Perfume Pens look really cool!)

indigo_jones wrote:For what it's worth, I thought it was his lover at the end of Crime Scene who was talking to him saying "what the hell happened to you." But I could be wrong. But I like that take on it, so I'm sticking with it until he tells me otherwise. :wink:

Oooh, I like that theory! I'm going to follow your lead. :D

indigo_jones wrote:That line in CCTV is probably one of the reasons why I like it so much! And the bit about rewinding and watching him frame by frame. Hmmm ... maybe I just relate to being the one doing that! :oops:

Teehee...watching him frame by frame...*spaces out* :rolls:
I like the phrase for the implications as well, the I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm not going to change how I act just because someone is watching. High self-esteem that Video Kid has...with good reason. :wink:

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:58 am

I like the phrase for the implications as well, the I don't care what anyone thinks, I'm not going to change how I act just because someone is watching. High self-esteem that Video Kid has...with good reason.

Oh, absolutely. It's definitely a motivational booster. This is me, world! Take me as I am! :D

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:08 am

As much as I love the F o the C, I wish the Video Kid would put out some more material. I really like Prototype and it has left me wanting more! Don't get me wrong, if I had to chose between new FotC material and new VK material I would definitely go for the Conchords. Still, can't I have it both ways? :dunno: :)

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:10 am

Let's start a petition, Andria!

More! More!

Return to “Bret McKenzie”