Figwit

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Re: Figwit

Postby Faith » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:41 pm

I like how the Jemainiacs have taken over a Bret thread. :lol: We're supposed to be talking about Bret here, you know the pixie looking one? ;)

And for the record, the glasses and that hair not working for Jemaine. He's definitely grown into his sexiness over time.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Faith wrote:I like how the Jemainiacs have taken over a Bret thread. :lol: We're supposed to be talking about Bret here, you know the pixie looking one? ;)

:lol: Sorry Faith. ;)

Hey SW, note the eyebrow in the previous pic.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Yeah, when you start posting pictures of only Jemaine in a Bret thread, you've gone too far. Especially since this is the Figwit thread, specifically.

The audition video cracks me up and leaves me feeling vaguely disturbed, all at the same time. :shock: :rolleyes: :lol:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Oh man, I'm sensing a bit of anti-Jemaine backlash here. :lol: OK I'll try to make up for it.

Bret-Figwit-flight-of-the-conchords-2933347-333-390.jpg

The hair doesn't do it for me either. :hrm: But for some reason I do kind of like the ears. :worry: :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:53 pm

mockingbird wrote:
Faith wrote:I like how the Jemainiacs have taken over a Bret thread. :lol: We're supposed to be talking about Bret here, you know the pixie looking one? ;)

:lol: Sorry Faith. ;)

Hey SW, note the eyebrow in the previous pic.

Hey now, J was in the doc too. I thought we were talking about the documentary not figwit (the character) only.

Oh my mock, I think that pic is most unflattering to the J Dog. Yis perhaps he has grown into his looks and his sexy.

Now how 'bout that Bret guy? Um, I don't know. I wouldn't have noticed him in LOTR coz, as someone already mentioned, Aragorn there. Besides I think he looked womanly and creepy in that wig. *shudders*
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Wot?? I think he looks so adorable there! In kind of an awkward geeky way of course. ;)

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:00 pm

I was laughing so hard when that lady said, "His ears have just the right amount of point to them." While I was watching it, I saw how devoted some of those ladies are with LOTR (the forums, the collectibles, etc.) and I was thinking how crazy they are. Then it hit me that I'm the same way with FOTC. We are one. We're all just a bunch of nerds.

I felt like I was watching an essential part of WTF! history. I've heard Sherry describe her first encounters with them but now I kind of have a visual.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Exactly VMH! I was watching this last night and I was like "Brett! Look its Sherry! She started WTF! This is how it all started!"

We were hysterically laughing at Ian McKellan's "overtly gay" reaction to being asked about Figgy. "which one was he????......oh yes....yes :twisted: " :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:24 pm

I love Ian McKellan.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:52 pm

Sweetly lecherous, he was.....:lol: :waggle:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:45 pm

SheWolf wrote:I love Ian McKellan.

Me too.

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Heehee... I just watched this during my lunch break. So much fun! So many good bits that have already been mentioned, so I won't mention them again, except to say How adorable is Jemaine?! I love seeing him in interviews where he's comfortable and laid back and unscripted. And Bret was so cute and adorable with his fans. What a good sport he is. He does nothing for me as Figwit though... a little to effeminate for my tastes. :lol:
Anyway, I'm really glad I was finally able to watch this. :D
Image Image

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:55 pm

indigo_jones wrote:The audition video cracks me up and leaves me feeling vaguely disturbed, all at the same time. :shock: :rolleyes: :lol:

Ditto that :roll2:
I wonder if it was Bret's or the people doing the audition's ideas to have him swiping that big stick/knife thing all over the place... :lol:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:15 pm

vmh wrote:I was laughing so hard when that lady said, "His ears have just the right amount of point to them." While I was watching it, I saw how devoted some of those ladies are with LOTR (the forums, the collectibles, etc.) and I was thinking how crazy they are. Then it hit me that I'm the same way with FOTC. We are one. We're all just a bunch of nerds.

I felt like I was watching an essential part of WTF! history. I've heard Sherry describe her first encounters with them but now I kind of have a visual.

Ditto to everything you said here, vmh! We are exactly the same as the LOTR ladies. :lol: This was such a great docu and a wonderful littleg glimpse at early fotc. I really enjoyed it so much.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:20 pm

I really would have liked to have been on theonering.net forum when I was first reading the books. It might have made it alittle easier to digest. Hubby was the LOTR fan and MADE me read the books once he heard the movies were being made. I would have discovered FOTC that much earlier too!

Return to “Bret McKenzie”