Figwit

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 pm

indigo_jones wrote:As if I didn't already have a huge crush on Bret, I was just listening to some old radio interview and at the end he says, "My name is Figwit the Elf. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I just about died laughing. My friends and I used to say that line to each other all the time (well, without the Figwit bit, obviously, since this was back in 1988 or so). My crush is complete!

What interview was that, if I may ask?
I would go around annoying my family endlessly with that same quote! (Also, without the Figwit part, but you know what I mean...) That and the whole rhyming bit on the boat...Please, no poking with the sticks... :pray:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:19 am

Hm. Why does TOR spell his dad's name with an "a" in Mac?

Oh, Bret. Quoting Princess Bride. By default, I love anyone who quotes that movie. :D

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:13 am

Andria, I'll try to find the link again, although I can't find it at the moment. It was from the figwitlives.net site, but I found the particular interview through Googling. If I can't find the link, I'll e-mail you the file. Remind me if I don't get back to you in the next day or so. It's late, and no telling what I'll remember tomorrow!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:29 am

indigo_jones wrote:Andria, I'll try to find the link again, although I can't find it at the moment. It was from the figwitlives.net site, but I found the particular interview through Googling. If I can't find the link, I'll e-mail you the file. Remind me if I don't get back to you in the next day or so. It's late, and no telling what I'll remember tomorrow!

Thanks a bunch! :wink: I'll try and remember to remind you.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:38 am

Since I was googling images when I actually found the site, I went ahead and PM'd the file to you, Andria. Enjoy!

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:04 am

indigo_jones wrote:Since I was googling images when I actually found the site, I went ahead and PM'd the file to you, Andria. Enjoy!

The interview was great! I love the part when then shout out (well, not technically...) to the Figwit fans they met in the UK. So cute. *L*
Okay, and Figwit thongs? That is just SO wrong. And it was an American that did it, of course. Yeesh.
I really have to go back and watch the Fellowship for those 3-6 seconds (depending on version.) I admit it, I did not notice Bret in the movie when I saw it in theaters. But then, I was one of the crazy people who went at midnight and stayed up until 3:30am. Just for the first one though... :oops:

*realizations hits*

No one is using my TV!!!!
TONGAN NINJA TIME! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:36 am

why is no one sharing this brilliant interview with me, eh?

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:09 am

Amaria wrote:why is no one sharing this brilliant interview with me, eh?

Many pardons, Amaria!
I will PM the link to you in a moment. :D

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:43 pm

Amaria, my apologies for not sending the link to you that night. I had meant to check with you to see if you wanted it.

It is a fun interview, and I also got a kick out of hearing about the UK fans. *laughs knowingly* I was also impressed when Bret corrected them on the right address for figwitlives.

I did record ROTK when it was on tv again recently, and I got to see Bret's brief (too brief!) speaking scene. I will be saving that bit to video tape for future watching pleasure.

He's just so neat, clean and close-shaven, though, that it just doesn't seem like Bret at all! :lol:

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:24 pm

Aw loves, don't apologise. I was just joshing. :D

Many kisses to Andria for sending it along though! It was a lovely interview. Though I did feel a little badly for Jermaine -- the whole interview seemed to focus on Bret and Lord of the Rings! :lol: Which I don't mind, being a Ringer, but poor poor Jermaine. It gave us lots of insight on Bret though, so I'm not exactly complaining. ;)

And oi, I hate people who further the stereotype that Yanks are all idiots that make g-strings with cartoons of their celebrity crushes. Some of us are actually quite sensible, man! And America has got some lovely parts to it. I mean, once you get past all the judgemental policing and imperializing and discrimination and history of voilent stupidity, we're actually quite a decent nation, with plenty of opportunities for 95% of the population!

;)

Though really, all superpowers are the same way.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:32 pm

indigo_jones wrote: It is a fun interview, and I also got a kick out of hearing about the UK fans. *laughs knowingly* I was also impressed when Bret corrected them on the right address for figwitlives.

Okay, spill it! How can you laugh knowingly and not share! Sorry, it's the doughnut again, it hasn't worn off...(see Boom King thread)

I also thought it was great when Bret corrected the DJ on the address. He must visit the sight from time to time... :)

Last night I finally got around to reading about the figwitlives Edinburgh trip section. So cool! :D

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:36 pm

Okay, spill it! How can you laugh knowingly and not share! Sorry, it's the doughnut again, it hasn't worn off...(see Boom King thread)

Oh, I just meant that in the sense of assuming our fearless leader Sherry was one of those fans, and since we sort of know Sherry (in that vague Internet way), we sort of know a little about what he's referencing.

Or something.

I don't know. I think I need a doughnut!

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:56 pm

indigo_jones wrote: Oh, I just meant that in the sense of assuming our fearless leader Sherry was one of those fans, and since we sort of know Sherry (in that vague Internet way), we sort of know a little about what he's referencing.

Or something.

I don't know. I think I need a doughnut!

Ahh, I see. Okay I feel included and special again.

*Shares spiked doughnuts*

There are plenty to go around, ladies! :partyman:

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:46 pm

Ok, I am going to go out there and say I thought the Figwit thongs were pretty funny. The guy that made them did a right good caricature and it wasn't just figgy but all the LotR characters. I considered buying one and having Bret sign it but my better judgement got the best of me *THANK GOD* Can you imagine the horror on his face when I whipped a pair of those out? Heh. Anyway, now I do kinda wish I had a pair, for the sake of posterity and all.
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:51 pm

/me wrote:Ok, I am going to go out there and say I thought the Figwit thongs were pretty funny.
I considered buying one and having Bret sign in but my better judgement got the best of me *THANK GOD* Can you imagine the horror on his face when I whipped a pair of those out? Heh. Anyway, now I do kinda wish I had a pair, for the sake of posterity and all.

Don't you mean for the sake of your posterior? :lame: :doomed:

Return to “Bret McKenzie”