does anyone else think bret looks like a Rider of Rowhan?

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

does anyone else think bret looks like a Rider of Rowhan?

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:44 am

I mean, a skinnier sort of Rider of Rowhan, and of course, I mean, now with his new long-hair and beard combo, which I see on the bbc website for them in connection with their currently running bbc2 radio series.

Because, my friends, he has longer hair now. Now, judging from the images of him that I can see on your worthy website repository here, it occurs to me that he has not always looked as such, BUT, ah, ahh.

you see, what I'M trying to say is that, given his current appearance.

(shown here, alongside a rider of rowhan! see!? IDENTICAL BUT SLIMMER:
Image Image

oh poo-poo.

ah. this is awkward...

a google image search that i was using to get the above image of bret (with, whose entire entertainment career history, i frankly admit i am not completely well-versed at the moment, being as yet still a rather new fan) i have come across the unexpected fact that bret actually was in lord of the rings, as a character called "figwit?" (did they make that poop up?) ahem.

so. well, i mean, he wasn't a rider of rowhan though, was he? (fricking lord of the elves dorks!)

um. anyway, look, he's got long hair now and a beard, and i heard their frodo song, and it occured to me that he kinda looks like a skinny little rider of rowhan.

so i thought i'd be mr. witty wiggles and mention it here. and get girls.

well. this has all gone absolutely horrible.

sigh.

i think i'm going to go cry.

(i guess, him being in the movie, explains the whole frodo song having been written by the band. i mean, he was probably a big fan. or something. wasn't that lord of the rings written by some guy in england? which i think is...different than new zealand. um. goldang ELF DORKS!)

so, anyway, what do you guys think? skinny Rider of Feng-Farfagarfablargh? or no?

(he also looks like a skinny eric bana, which rhymes with banner, get it? like bruce banner! but he's not from new zealand. australia actually. or maybe he is, i don't know.)
Last edited by fawad-oh-so-prescient on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
not so much a virgin as much as a...well, virgin. and 27, too. really quite amazing. god i'm depressed.

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:15 am

:rolls:

Oh god, that entire post just cracked me up.

Reminded me of:
Tim: That Kiwi-idiot persona you've got going on -- I like it. Where are you from? London based?
Bret: Uh -- New Zealand.
Tim: Oh -- uh! Okay! Well...

I actually knew of Bret as Figwit the elf before I knew of Bret as half of the conchords. And yeah, they wrote the song partly because of his involvement with it, and also partly because of his father's involvement with it (his dad played Elendil) and also partly because, hell, everyone in New Zealand (except Jermaine) was part of it.

But to answer your question, yes...he's definitely looking less elven these days.

Also: Figwit = Frodo Is Great, Who Is THAT? Because Bret appears all of two seconds in the film but because of the internet, became somewhat of a huge phenomenon.

Yes, as you may have guessed, I am one of those "elven dorks" except you know, not elven.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:20 am

Yeah wot Amaria said. Figwit. Looks a lot like him :lol: Might want to take a peek at the Figwit thread here Fawad :lol: Reveals lots more about it.

A few here know of Bret from his LOTR days :shock:

Love reading your posts. Its good to see someone writing freely and letting it happen.

I never actually thought of Bret as looking like a Rider of Rohan. They are more ummm how shall I put it without enraging the Breterosexuals here, more manly :sofa: As in dirty, wild, angry, pretty fit (read muscular/bulky) or maybe thats just the chain mail armour :blush:

In conclusion I think he looks like Figwit. Or Figwit's father, Elendil. Or maybe even his brother, who sat to Elrond's right during the Counci of Elrond scene :hrm:

Does that help any?

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:32 am

but the facial hair and dark curly hair, you've got to account for that haven't you? i mean otherwise that's the bollocksing POINT OF IT?

oh well ok, how about a compromise. how's this:

Image Image

he's a skinny, wimpy eric bana! C'MON! they could be SISTERS!

and oh my, thank you. grwRRrrr. i like you, too. nudge nudge. (let's go adopt a child together.) oh wait, god, you're not 12 are you? dear lord, not again.
not so much a virgin as much as a...well, virgin. and 27, too. really quite amazing. god i'm depressed.

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:40 am

Wow! I think he looks amazingly similar to both EB and a RoR in the pics you posted!!!!!!

And Sherry, :hrmpf: ................. :wink:
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

RIGHT ON! see? men see SENSE!

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:40 am

lol. don't encourage me!

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

just HEAR ME OUT...

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:48 am

ok, just hear me out on this one...

Image Image

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:13 pm

"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:15 pm

I was fine with the RoR comparisons (and can see the similarities), but if you insist on even thinking about comparing Bret to Lionel Richie, I might have to go all Kate on you. *bristles*

I have newfound sympathy for Kate. :lol:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:23 pm

indigo_jones wrote:I was fine with the RoR comparisons (and can see the similarities), but if you insist on even thinking about comparing Bret to Lionel Richie, I might have to go all Kate on you. *bristles*

I have newfound sympathy for Kate. :lol:

Thank you... I feel validated! :thanks:

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

i'm not ARGUING that with you, Harry!

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:00 pm

JUST HEAR ME OUT!

Image Image

and anyway, kate knows i love her. unless she's 12. in which case i do NOT love her at all in any way and want to make that COMPLETELY clear to ANY federal law enforcement officials that may be monitoring this communication.

and WHAT, oh, so it's ok to admit he looks like hunky australian or kiwi leading men, all bulky and buff and husky and glistening and olied in the moonlight, their firm buttocks taught and pensive like suddenly attentive ferrets at some alien and unfamiliar sound in the distance, but i can't point out the glaring and OBVIOUS similarities between him and a former 70s king of soul pop!? what, WHY? (why? what, WHY?)

CAUSE HE'S BLACK!!!???? hUH!?

*coughcoughracecardcoughcough*

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:20 pm

No, because Bret's got more soul and funk in him than Lionel "I Ruined The Commodores" Richie has ever had in him. :lol:

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

oh, what a feeeli-i-innngg

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:22 pm

WHAT!? well, answer me this! can bret defy gravity and dance on ceilings? because, i saw that for myself with my own eyes that lionel can do that? mm. who feels a little bit more than silly now, eh? not me.

oh, btw, notice that you are white. COINCIDENCE!!!!???? and that both mr. richie and bret ARE BLLLLLACK!!! ah-HA!!

*coughcoughracecardcoughcough*
Last edited by fawad-oh-so-prescient on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:24 pm

Aged lady stepping in here...

1. Lionel Ritchie became a solo star in the 80's. When I am guessing you were barely alive.

2. Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

3. Wrong.

4. Eric Banna is cute.

:D
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:25 pm

But at least Bret hasn't been associated with anything as monstrous as "Hello". *shudder*

But you know, Bret's a trained dancer. He might just be able to walk on ceilings and walls. Or maybe he uses his elven powers to do it. 8)

Return to “Bret McKenzie”