Bret-spotting

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:20 pm

beck wrote:As I was shopping in my home town of Napier today, I got a text from my good friend and ex-flatmate, reading "Oh my God, I was in Deluxe and I stood behind Bret in the line for 5 mins!".

She didn't say anything to him, she was too starstruck! And this is a girl who can talk to anyone about anything at anytime. She said he's so much hotter in real life, which really is saying something, cause....dayum.

Ooh! Very exciting!!
I wouldn't be able to speak either... I'd be too nervous! :roll:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

The_Wallaby
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Wallaby » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:01 am

wow that is so cool!

It would be my dumb luck, if I happend to be standing behind him too nervous to say anything or disrupt him...and my stupid cell phone with it's various FotC and EvS ringtones would go off loud as can be.
THEN I'd really feel stupid! :)
I always get a little bit emotional on the corner of Rutherford and Brown Streets.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:40 am

The_Wallaby wrote:It would be my dumb luck, if I happend to be standing behind him too nervous to say anything or disrupt him...and my stupid cell phone with it's various FotC and EvS ringtones would go off loud as can be.
THEN I'd really feel stupid! :)

Hehe :lol: It might happen.

I just think of them as normal guys. They still pee with the seat up (probably), have whatever habits that others might find a bit gross or unattractive.... normal people.

The thing is, even though they are well known in many places now, I don't consider them 'famous' or 'celebs'. They certainly don't put themselves out to appear that way. They are just unassuming and nice to people.

I've never been one for approaching anyone remotely well known when they are on their own time though. I'd not like my privacy invaded while having a drink or some such, so try to leave others alone. I may chance it if a person was waiting for a bus or sat next to me on a train, but if with friends or looking like they were doing something, I'd leave 'em be.

The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Sherry wrote:I just think of them as normal guys. They still pee with the seat up (probably), have whatever habits that others might find a bit gross or unattractive.... normal people.

ofcourse. My friend's dad was over the news alot her with politics and stuff in 2006 (i wont give out private details of other people) and i once said to my friends it kinda put your feet on the ground when you peed in the same place as someone who is all over the news... and that it was a disgusting thing to say. but i think it's true. Also when i saw him burn his roast pork. people are people.

sometimes i wish i lived in central wellington.... rather than out in Tawa. (that's wellington's most northern suburb) and it's not very excitting. I wont to move into town and live there.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Re: Bret-spotting

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:43 am

Bumped.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:35 pm

At the request of a forum member, here's a recent photo of Bret.

The photo size is larger than the forum standards so you'll have to click HERE to see it.

My friend's friend ran into him outside of a Whole Foods at a gay marriage/equal rights gathering of some sort sometime last week (I don't have all my facts straight) and managed to get a photo with him. According to my friend, Bret also donated some money to the cause. Bret just became that much cooler in my book. :thumb:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:49 pm

It's always nice seeing a recent pic of Bret. Looking good! 8) Thanks so much for posting, vmh. :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:06 am

:yay: Yay Bret! :yay:

Thanks for the photo, vmh! :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:08 am

Nice pic, and cool glasses. 8) Little B is looking healthy. :D That is one lucky friend you've got there vmh.

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:52 am

Those glasses! :lol: And he got a new shirt! :thumb: I wonder what Bret is doing in LA? Do we know? Thanks for posting that, V.
Image..Image..Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Don't hold me to this but word on the street is that Bret has been in L.A. recently because he's working in an independent film. The girl in the marriage equality photo told my friend who told me. Apparently, she chatted with him for quite a bit.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:52 pm

vmh wrote:Don't hold me to this but word on the street is that Bret has been in L.A. recently because he's working in an independent film. The girl in the marriage equality photo told my friend who told me. Apparently, she chatted with him for quite a bit.

:yay: How exciting if it's true! :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:07 am

8)
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:27 am

That's awesome! So hopefully we'll get more tales of Bret sightings. :thumb:

Jemaine is in NYC, and Bret is in LA... maybe we could convince them to meet somewhere on the Kansas/Missouri line and do a concert, lol.

nonchalant obsession

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:52 am

I'm kinda hoping Bret needs to visit New York City over Labor Day weekend. :D They could do an impromptu gig at a tiny intimate club...tweet about it just maybe an hour before the show.
Image..Image..Image

Return to “Bret McKenzie”