Bret-spotting

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:21 pm

Argh! No! I was right, bed got the better of me on Thursday morning. Grr! I actually woke up at 7am, fully intending to go, but then the boy and I both decided that bed was a far easier option to go for.

Buuut...I'm pretty sure that I saw Bret out and about the other day. Either was him or someone who looked freakishly like him. He was wearing big sunglasses, so that's why I wasn't absolutely sure it was him. And he had his hair pulled back. I'm 79.826% sure it was him.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Katie

Postby Katie » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:06 pm

beck wrote:Argh! No! I was right, bed got the better of me on Thursday morning. Grr! I actually woke up at 7am, fully intending to go, but then the boy and I both decided that bed was a far easier option to go for.

Buuut...I'm pretty sure that I saw Bret out and about the other day. Either was him or someone who looked freakishly like him. He was wearing big sunglasses, so that's why I wasn't absolutely sure it was him. And he had his hair pulled back. I'm 79.826% sure it was him.

I never see 7am so I don't totally blame you. If I had a reason to get up at 7 there might be a slightly over 50% chance I'd get up.

Well, hey... a look a like is close enough for now. Unless it wasn't a look a like, and was really him. :lol: I like your percentage too.

Just Mariah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Just Mariah » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:51 pm

beck wrote:Argh! No! I was right, bed got the better of me on Thursday morning. Grr! I actually woke up at 7am, fully intending to go, but then the boy and I both decided that bed was a far easier option to go for.

Hehe, suglasses and pulled back hair,
that just tickles me. :roll:
"What is the bird?"

beck

Postby beck » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:30 am

I saw Bret yesterday. It was cooooool.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:33 am

Holy %&@#! Did you???? That must have been so freakin' exciting!

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:36 am

:shock: How lucky are you?!?!?!
Set your Phasers on Funky!

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:01 am

Can we have some details, please gorgeous Beck?

beck

Postby beck » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:32 am

Yeah man, it was so cool! It was yesterday, and I was in Wellington, walking home from town, and it was pretty much the hottest day ever. Like, not overly sunny, but REAL muggy. Anyway, I was walking to my boyfriends place off Aro St, and pretty much have to walk the length of Aro St to get to his place, and there's like, a couple of cafes, video shop...it's like...the 'cool' place to live/hang out. So I walk past Aro Cafe, and look in at all the people enjoying their lunch, and who else is sitting in the seat near a big open window...Bret! He was wearing sunglasses inside. I'm thinking either celebrity-too-cool-sunglasses-inside, or I'm-sitting-by-a-window-and-the-sun's-in-my-eyes.

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:54 am

Oh that is so cool!!!

Hmmm.... I'm thinking they were probably celeb-too-cool sunnies. *L*

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:54 pm

cassandrasnow wrote:Oh that is so cool!!!

Yeah, I think they were I'm-a-Grammy-nominated-star-celeb-too-cool pair. Well...that - and they prevent wrinkles. 8)

That is pretty cool, Beck. Have you gotten up the nerve to introduce yourself yet? Not in a weirdo, fan-girly sense, mind you, but you know...like a 'hey guys, what's up' kind of approach?
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:23 pm

FanBase wrote:
cassandrasnow wrote:Oh that is so cool!!!

Yeah, I think they were I'm-a-Grammy-nominated-star-celeb-too-cool pair. Well...that - and they prevent wrinkles. 8)

Too funny. :roll2:
Set your Phasers on Funky!

Katie

Postby Katie » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:58 am

AH! Beck, that is awesome. Haha I couldn't imagine Bret being the celebrity too cool for you type of guy. What a grammy nomination will do to some people! :? :lol:

~jesika~
Half a shapely halibut

Postby ~jesika~ » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:58 pm

Ha ha! That's so fantastic!
"We just looked out' across the city from our little spot on the hilltop. Oh, It is so pretty from way up there. We talked about how the lights from the buildings and cars seemed like reflections of the stars that shined out so pretty and bright, that night."

beck

Postby beck » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:03 am

As I was shopping in my home town of Napier today, I got a text from my good friend and ex-flatmate, reading "Oh my God, I was in Deluxe and I stood behind Bret in the line for 5 mins!".

She didn't say anything to him, she was too starstruck! And this is a girl who can talk to anyone about anything at anytime. She said he's so much hotter in real life, which really is saying something, cause....dayum.

meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby meg1448 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:53 am

beck wrote:As I was shopping in my home town of Napier today, I got a text from my good friend and ex-flatmate, reading "Oh my God, I was in Deluxe and I stood behind Bret in the line for 5 mins!".

She didn't say anything to him, she was too starstruck! And this is a girl who can talk to anyone about anything at anytime. She said he's so much hotter in real life, which really is saying something, cause....dayum.

:shock: Lucky, lucky girl.
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/

Return to “Bret McKenzie”