Bret-spotting

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
paperina
New arrival

Postby paperina » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:45 pm

foux-da-fa-fa-

are you in NYC?
erin a.

SweetMarie
New arrival

Postby SweetMarie » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:39 pm

Is there any info on Hannah, or is she generally kept safely hidden away from the public's prying eyes and on the other side of the publicity game?

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:46 pm

SweetMarie wrote:Is there any info on Hannah, or is she generally kept safely hidden away from the public's prying eyes and on the other side of the publicity game?

I prefer not to get into the guys personal lives here on the forum. I don't go into them either on the main site. They are entitled to their privacy in their off time away from being a Conchord.

I respect both Bret and his partners privacy. There is a little information out there on her in some press articles, but I am not going to get into it here. I've had dealings with her, chatted a few times a long time back and she came across as a lovely person. End of.

I'll ask that this line of convo continue no further. Thanks.

foux_da_fa_fa
New arrival

Postby foux_da_fa_fa » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:50 pm

Yeah, I was visiting NYC at the time. It was a small French place around the SoHo area.

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:14 am

Bret sighting in Wellington!

Not by me though. But I got a very excited text from my friend saying "Guess who's browsing the comedy section with me at Aro Video? Bret!"

Too bad I had class. It's close as to uni, so I would've been there in a shot!

Man I'm a looooser.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:09 am

That's pretty damn awesome! (For your friend anyway)

I once missed out on seeing the Dalai Lama because I had class. :(

Katie

Postby Katie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:09 pm

beck wrote:Bret sighting in Wellington!

Not by me though. But I got a very excited text from my friend saying "Guess who's browsing the comedy section with me at Aro Video? Bret!"

Too bad I had class. It's close as to uni, so I would've been there in a shot!

Man I'm a looooser.

Nice! Is Wellington really that small? :lol: I always figured it was about the size of Omaha [About 400,000 + people]

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:48 am

Katie wrote:
Nice! Is Wellington really that small? :lol: I always figured it was about the size of Omaha [About 400,000 + people]

Yeah, you're about right with the population. I guess the city seems quite small because it's all very close together. It takes about half an hour to walk to anywhere here. And Uni is pretty almost right in town.

Aro Video is the best video shop ever. It's truly wicked. And they do like, a regional delivery service! So if I were in Masterton...I could order a dvd, and I'd have it sent to me. Mad respect.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:57 am

I think if a city is physically small, no matter how many people there are, you can run into the same people randomly like that. Even in Manhattan, which has hundreds of thousands of people, I would see the same random people around the city. It was disconcerting at times to see someone I recognized, but have to pause when I realized I didn't actually know them. You don't always want to be waving to strangers in Manhattan. :lol:

Aro Video sounds great. Our local video shop is awful, and it's the only one remotely close to us. We just rely on movies On Demand.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:10 am

A funny take on Bret-spotting at Wellingtonista...
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Katie

Postby Katie » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

beck wrote:
Katie wrote:

Yeah, you're about right with the population. I guess the city seems quite small because it's all very close together. It takes about half an hour to walk to anywhere here. And Uni is pretty almost right in town.

Aro Video is the best video shop ever. It's truly wicked. And they do like, a regional delivery service! So if I were in Masterton...I could order a dvd, and I'd have it sent to me. Mad respect.

Ah, okay that makes sense. See, the city I live in [Omaha] is very, very spread out. Okay well maybe not "very, very" but it's pretty spread out. Maybe it just seems that way because I never leave my area in the suburbs.

k_obrien
Keeping it funky

Postby k_obrien » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:15 am

Maps like that (and things like Gawker Stalker) creep me out.
I saved a life today: my own. Does that make me a hero? I can't really say. But yes.

Katie

Postby Katie » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:33 am

k_obrien wrote:Maps like that (and things like Gawker Stalker) creep me out.

I'm pretty sure it's a joke. [Not gawker stalker, because I agree that it's creepy] but the map that Indigo posted.

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:54 am

indigo_jones wrote:A funny take on Bret-spotting at Wellingtonista...

This is funny.... but also a little sad/scary. I can't decide which one it is.

k_obrien
Keeping it funky

Postby k_obrien » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:54 am

Katie wrote:
k_obrien wrote:Maps like that (and things like Gawker Stalker) creep me out.

I'm pretty sure it's a joke. [Not gawker stalker, because I agree that it's creepy] but the map that Indigo posted.

Ah, OK.

I don't know...it's OK to say: "Oh, I spotted this celeb here" on a fansite, but a full on map marking where a celebrity is in real time is just really creepy.
I saved a life today: my own. Does that make me a hero? I can't really say. But yes.

Return to “Bret McKenzie”