Where's the Bret love?

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
Ratashak
Keeping it funky

Bret's sexiest moments

Postby Ratashak » Thu May 22, 2008 9:48 pm

--the sideways, bedroom eyes glance on the "Ladies of the World" performance (not sure where it was, but Jermaine's wearing the pink sunglasses and shirt)

--lets not forget those sexy arms (just enough to not starve and not go wild) :oops:

--the Boom King, hello!

--the funky eyepatch and stripey jersey combo

--personally, the mutton chops and wavy longer hair combo is my absolute favorite cranium accessory combo for Bret

What else can you add....?

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: Bret's sexiest moments

Postby Nancy » Thu May 22, 2008 10:03 pm

Ratashak wrote:-

Pictures! lots and lots of pictures!!!!! :drool:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Kitsie
New arrival

Photos....

Postby Kitsie » Fri May 23, 2008 3:18 am

Peace and Love

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri May 23, 2008 4:17 am

GREAT PICS!!! :D
I can see why your avatar is your favorite new picture :drool:
It's been a while since I've seen any DC photos. I had forgotten how short Bret's hair was!
It looks as though they sang more than one song on the edge of the stage :heartbeat:
Question: what song was that with Jemaine playing what looks like a toy sax? Was it real? Did he really play it?
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri May 23, 2008 4:20 am

I knew I forgot something - did Bret do the whole show with just one sleeve rolled up? (his right, I think)
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Fri May 23, 2008 5:28 am

He is so multi-talented. The Wellington Ukelele Orchestra (watch them on YouTube playing Hey Ya by Outkast, it's great), The Black Seeds, Video Kid (who's CD I just got and it is mighty fine) and he is as sweet as can be when being mobbed in Milwaukee. He's got the best genes in the world because without his beard he looks like 18 year old. A cutie pie, indeed!

** raises hand for showing the Bret love :ttth:

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Fri May 23, 2008 5:54 am

Kitsie....your photos are absolutely amazing. You lucky gal, to place a peck on both men!
And your concert photos, so close, so yummy. Thanks for posting them!

hellomyfriend
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby hellomyfriend » Fri May 23, 2008 7:13 pm

He wore the funky, funky eyepatch!! :D :D :D

New haircut + keytar + eyepatch = enough awesome to implode the planet

Kitsie
New arrival

Postby Kitsie » Sat May 24, 2008 4:42 am

I am so grateful to have cashed in all my good karma on that night of the concert-- I think they let me take so many photos of them because they orginally thought I was Kiwi...

I have been trying to think of the song in which Jemaine played the sax...but to no avail. It was definately the second to last song and he mentioned that he really wanted to incorporate the toy sax into a song. My initial thought was that it was Bowie but I don't want to lie to you. To be honest, I was surprised that I remembered my name when I met them. My friend that I went to the concert with described me as being in some "non-drug induced euphoric trance." During the concert, I couldn't even remember names of songs to shout out when they asked for suggestions -- even though when I lived in Asia I would watch their youtube videos daily to maintain my english skills haha.

Bret did wear his sleeve rolled up the entire concert because I reckon that it was easier for him to play his instruments.
Peace and Love

hellomyfriend

Postby hellomyfriend » Sat May 24, 2008 4:47 am

Kitsie wrote:I am so grateful to have cashed in all my good karma on that night of the concert-- I think they let me take so many photos of them because they orginally thought I was Kiwi...

I have been trying to think of the song in which Jemaine played the sax...but to no avail. It was definately the second to last song and he mentioned that he really wanted to incorporate the toy sax into a song. My initial thought was that it was Bowie but I don't want to lie to you. To be honest, I was surprised that I remembered my name when I met them. My friend that I went to the concert with described me as being in some "non-drug induced euphoric trance." During the concert, I couldn't even remember names of songs to shout out when they asked for suggestions -- even though when I lived in Asia I would watch their youtube videos daily to maintain my english skills haha.

Bret did wear his sleeve rolled up the entire concert because I reckon that it was easier for him to play his instruments.

Thank you so much for posting pics! And you're gorgeous! It was probably difficult for them to pretend to be grossed out when you were kissing them. :D

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat May 24, 2008 5:04 am

hellomyfriend wrote:
Kitsie wrote:I am so grateful to have cashed in all my good karma on that night of the concert-- I think they let me take so many photos of them because they orginally thought I was Kiwi...

Thank you so much for posting pics! And you're gorgeous! It was probably difficult for them to pretend to be grossed out when you were kissing them. :D

Ditto that, Kitsie! Thanks again for the pics, and for all that info.

I know what you mean about the euphoric trance - I'm lucky I could speak with verbs when I met them in NY! :roll:

And it was all a blur for me too for awhile, but with the help of some videos that members posted from the show I saw, it all came back to me. :clap: I'm so glad you had a chance to get so many wonderful pictures! :heartbeat:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat May 24, 2008 10:40 pm

Ratashak wrote:--the sideways, bedroom eyes glance on the "Ladies of the World" performance

Can we talk about how absolutely adorable Bret is in the HBO version of "Mermaids"? Especially when he does that sideways "bedroom eyes" look just before singing "Do you, oh Mermaid have slightly webbed hands?" It has to be my very favorite moment and look. :heartbeat: :D :love:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

hellomyfriend

Postby hellomyfriend » Mon May 26, 2008 7:18 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:
Ratashak wrote:--the sideways, bedroom eyes glance on the "Ladies of the World" performance

Can we talk about how absolutely adorable Bret is in the HBO version of "Mermaids"? Especially when he does that sideways "bedroom eyes" look just before singing "Do you, oh Mermaid have slightly webbed hands?" It has to be my very favorite moment and look. :heartbeat: :D :love:

I just watched again and noticed this for the first time. *sigh* :love:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue May 27, 2008 3:10 am

I admit it - if there were a swoon emoticon, it would be worn out from my using it thinking of "Mermaids". :love:
And I really cannot believe how different the "Folk the World" version of the song is. I wasn't sure I liked it at such a slow tempo, but then I heard the playoff, and I was hooked. After doing years of nightclubs, I definitely could identify with the "yeah...you're beautiful" and drum schtick they did. They captured it perfectly. I really had an emcee with a bad toupee who said "you're beautiful" every two seconds! :witsend:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu May 29, 2008 12:34 am

So, over the weekend, I heard that song Blinded By the Light on the radio, which reminded me of a video clip posted here awhile back. And, with Jones as a memory aid, we found it again.

I thought y'all might get a slight kick out of it. Keep an eye out starting at :30... :lol:

Blinded By the Light
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Return to “Bret McKenzie”