further BRET talk

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...

Who is hotter........... Bret or Jemaine?

Bret
81%
Jemaine
19%

Total votes: 21

conchords air hostess
New arrival

further BRET talk

Postby conchords air hostess » Thu May 31, 2007 7:56 am

i decided to put up a new topic, very loosely defined, for 'further BRET talk', seeing as im an old admirer and enthusiast for all things conchord, but only a new person to What the Folk! I was over the moon to find a fan site, the best yet, for the glory that is conchords. So please, seriously, what is it with the whole Jemaine thing, Bret all the way. Really, he is adorably good looking. And I know its not just me who thinks that. Besides, its not just looks powering the Bret machine, but i dont have to tell all of you that! :D so if you feel like making my day, any giving me someone to follow Bret with ( not literally, i cant afford to fly to New York :? ) please reply and let me join the Bret brigade. thanks
and i would like to tell every one of you conchordians that i do still possess my sanity, but only on weekends or public holidays. :rolleyes:
:arrow:
...conchords air hostess.
...:heart: a kiss is not a contract, but its very nice :heart:...
...:ttth: just because we've been playing tonsil hockey, doesn't mean you get to score the goal thats in my jockeys :tsk:.....
...:rock: conchordians unite and bring them HOME! :rock:....

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu May 31, 2007 1:50 pm

O for sure there are some Bret admirers out there. You are far from alone. I think Jemaine has gained a lot of notice because of the Outback ads and Eagle vs Shark. Bret has slipped under the radar for a while then was totally outshone by his sweater!

Image See Jemaine giving it a pout in the background there :P

:adoration: :cheer: :adoration: :cheer:

It was and still is talking point!

And weekends and public holidays sounds good to me 8)

conchords air hostess
New arrival

Postby conchords air hostess » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:38 am

definitely, but i do agree, Bret has slipped in to the background a bit! Surely though, the world will one day see sense and reunite him with his true status. i am not alone in insisting that they have to come back to NZ! its heartbreaking not being able to oogle Bret :heart:, let alone hear them live! :rock::rock: The world is a very strange place. And we arent gonna get the HBO special out here, i loved the pilot! emphasis on the helmet that looks like his hair! (the secret project) and the humans are dead/robot future clip! it is so awesome.
:roll: :D conchordians unite and bring them HOME!!!!! :wink:

...:ttth: just because we've been playing tonsil hockey, doesn't mean you get to score the goal thats in my jockeys :tsk:.....

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:40 pm

Look at it this way, with all the attention on Jemaine, it just means more Bret for us faithful! :D

Hmmmm. Why do I feel the need to nibble again? :wink:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:22 am

OK (and I think Indi will even like this idea) we'll send them back in exchange for a Neil Finn US tour.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:49 am

why, you're more than welcome to join us bretaholics, er, breterosexuals, um, flygirls? We have yet to decide on a definite name... :rolleyes:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

conchords air hostess
New arrival

Postby conchords air hostess » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:06 am

[quote="Johnnyp"]OK (and I think Indi will even like this idea) we'll send them back in exchange for a Neil Finn US tour.[/quote]

you've got a deal, all we need to do now is buy the tickets and kidnap the musicians :twisted: im sure they wont mind :shock: besides, they must be getting homesick, what with all the colors and misspellings! :lol: no ofense to the american dictionary, but we kiwis really do love our 'ewes' as in U's - plural for U, i really can do bad humor. :roll: im not proud of it.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:58 pm

Perhaps while we're kidnapping people, we could arrange small private concerts for ourselves first. That way it's truly a fair trade. After all, why should I send the guys back when I haven't even gotten to see them myself! *sigh* Technically, I've seen Neil Finn live (with Crowded House after their first album came out), but I'd never turn down the opportunity to see him again. After all, it's been *mumble* years since I've seen Neil Finn!

So yes please to seeing both!

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:20 pm

Well...if FoTC can play Bonnaroo festival, why not Austin City Limits Festival in mid Sept ? :wink:
I mean, Crowded House is playing at ACL...I'm sure that the festival organizers won't mind if we sneak Bret and Jemaine in...perhaps they can play a surprise set in the Gospel Tent or Kiddie City Limits Tent :lol: :P .

Jennifer

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:04 pm

How can it be Crowded House with Mr. Hester? :(

But seriously is it true that they will be there in September ? While I am a big fan of Mr. Finn I can't say that I keep up with the very latest on him on a regular basis.

conchords air hostess
New arrival

Postby conchords air hostess » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:59 pm

yes............ a private concert would be nice, id be lying if i said that id seen Neil Finn before, and seeing as i will be relocating him i may as well have a sneak preview!
:D
But the conchords after September is a no deal, seriously, that is my 1 big chance of an O.E., for at least 15years, im going with my darling mum. Unless we delay our master plan unitill November, that way they can play for my birthday! :folkon: :birthday: :folkon:
This sounds good..................

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:09 pm

Ooo! But a birthday show just for you could be well worth a slight delay in your OE! ;)

conchords air hostess
New arrival

Postby conchords air hostess » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:15 pm

True.......... But i can do both, seeing as my birthday isnt untill november 15....... and we get back on like the last day of october, this is perfect... Its my Birthday!................. in 5 months........... still, momentous occasion, seeing as I'll be able to drive to a conchords concert!..... for my private birthday concert.

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:22 pm

I read a cute post on another forum. She was commenting about the Letterman appearance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flight of the Conchords on Letterman tonight. Le sigh.
I wanna eat a kebab with Bret.

I want Bret to be the kebab.

:lol: :wink:
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:28 pm

poptartgirl wrote:I read a cute post on another forum. She was commenting about the Letterman appearance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flight of the Conchords on Letterman tonight. Le sigh.
I wanna eat a kebab with Bret.

I want Bret to be the kebab.

Thats brilliant. See he has his admirers out there somewhere.... :rolls:

Return to “Bret McKenzie”