Needing Picture of Bret

AKA as the Rhymenoscerous, The Video Kid, Figwit and is one gazillionth of The Wellington Ukulele Orchestra. Yuss him and maybe some invisible people also...
jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:15 pm

Yummie!! The more I see of him the more I like him! I never DIDN'T like him, I was just kind of on the fence with the whole J vs B thing. The HBO special (which I think I watch on basically a daily basis) kept me leaning toward J b/c I really really like B with facial hair and he doesn't have it there and it makes him look younger. But then I see more pics and have to go change my shirt....... :drool:

And totally aside from what he looks like - any man who plays classical piano totally has me! I would LOVE to hear him play sometime. I haven't seen anything anywhere though.
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:17 pm

indigo_jones wrote:
Is that the World Comedy Unplugged DVD that I still need to order? I don't think I was in chat for that part of the discussion.

Nope - Tongan Ninja

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:19 pm

He does play keyboards/organ stuff with The Black Seeds. I really can't recommend On The Sun enough. It's such a great CD. I listen to it almost every day. I get caught up in the songs and forget about anything other than the music, then I hear a great keyboard bit and suddenly remember, Hey! That's Bret!

I'm glad you're getting Tongan Ninja soon! Hopefully you can watch with us on Saturday! The making of documentary has a teeny clip with Bret working on the choreography for one scene.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:25 pm

I'm listening to Keep on Pushin right now! I haven't gotten the others yet - but I love this! I love the whole reggae/funk thing.......

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:11 am

They get much more funky on On the Sun, which was their sort-of second CD. Bret's funky keyboard stylings are much more evident in that one.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:25 am

You guys are right about the very good looking and talented Bret McKenzie. I've been sneeking over here now and again to see what's up. When Jemaine isn't around to totally distract me, Bret lights up the ...screen?

Anyway, just wanted to say that. I'm still a J girl with a heafty appreciation for the other, equally magnificently talented member of FoTC.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:19 am

I'm determined to bring more of you over to the curly side! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, I watched one of the Star Wars movies last night. :whistle:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:29 am

indigo_jones wrote:He does play keyboards/organ stuff with The Black Seeds. I really can't recommend On The Sun enough. It's such a great CD. I listen to it almost every day. I get caught up in the songs and forget about anything other than the music, then I hear a great keyboard bit and suddenly remember, Hey! That's Bret!

Major ditto! On The Sun is fantastic. I am finally able to hear some of Bret's singing in this CD. Jones was able from the get-go, but then she is cooler than me. :D

jm513 wrote:I just got a note saying that my DVD shipped!! Yippie!!!!!.........were you in the chat room at that point last night?

I do hope you get it in time for our joint nerdy Tongan party! *crosses fingers*
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:35 am

Major ditto! On The Sun is fantastic. I am finally able to hear some of Bret's singing in this CD. Jones was able from the get-go, but then she is cooler than me.

Nah, I'm just geekier or something. :geek: Or more oddly obsessed. For what it's worth, I only hear him specifically on the "burning" bit. Is that where you hear him, too, Andria?

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:41 am

Spot on! :) Fire is such a great song. Fire, burning, in the, dark
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:42 am

I love that song so much! It's just so much fun! I was singing along today while driving around and having such a great time!

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:01 am

On The Sun is rivaling Prototype in it's distractability. I can't listen to it at work anymore because I stop actually working and just...hum...work it. hee...:D

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:06 am

I completely understand the distraction of both. I listen to both while I'm cooking, and sometimes I have to pause them when I hit important cooking moments. I don't want to miss anything good; nor do I want to burn anything!

You know, I completely understand Jess's love of Bret's 'bird nest', but I'm finding myself more and more fascinated and attacted to this particular picture. He's just so darn cute!

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:28 am

I'm greatly amused by this picture

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:31 am

Yes... I am very curious to know what is happening.

Let me guess... Bret's alter-ego personality, Rodrigo, has taken Bret hostage. He demands all the YooHoo in the southern hemisphere for release of his life?
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Return to “Bret McKenzie”