Tongan Ninja

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: Tongan Ninja

Postby mockingbird » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:18 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:Mock, did he watch the movie with you the first time you saw it? :roll2:

No. :lol: ;)

Argh! I STILL have not seen this commentary! :x

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:40 am

I watched the movie again tonight. I love it. This time re-watched all the extra's and listened to commentary.

I was able to get oodles & oodles of screencaps. Just have to download them to a web host. Think I will put them at hotmail 'spaces' cos photobucket & flickr are just too slow. I tried using photobucket or flickr for the massive Figwit screencaps but it was way too slow. I was able to download well over 1800 screencaps on MSN in about an hour & a half. It was less than that really. Should have the Tongan Ninja screencaps ready tomorrow for sure.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:43 am

Yay 4ever! Can't wait to see them!

eorious
Consistently Mediocre

Postby eorious » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:18 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:
SheWolf wrote:
nonchalant obsession wrote:I love how he is so secure that this would be a gift to you from him.
I think it would be weird if a grown man felt threatened by that kind of thing. I’ve never had a boyfriend who didn’t support and enjoy whatever other crush I’ve got going on and vice versa.
Yes, but even the strongest male ego can be delicate at times. Not to mention there are a few insecure men out there too.... And maybe I'm wrong but I think there are degrees of "supporting" your lover's crush.
My boyfriend actually got me TN for my last birthday (although I had secretly already bought myself a copy months before and hadn't told him :worry: ). He got me EvS too, and didn't appear to mind when I bought myself the UK version several months later because the commentary is better. :lol:

He really doesn't seem to mind my obsession and believe me, he knows the full extent of it :oops: . I don't think I would be anywhere near as understanding if the situation was reversed. But he brought FOTC into my life so it's his own fault, really. The only bad thing is he told his friends how obsessed I am and now they all tease me. :roll:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:03 am

Nonch, instead of waiting on Netflix, you could just buy the DVD.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:24 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Yeah, I think we established that they have probably have two. :lol: vmh and DaMango were hoarding both of them for months....while I waited...and waited... :wink:

I see. Apparently I was lucky that I got it right away then. :P

nonchalant obsession wrote:I strongly disagree. I adored Jemaine in the commentary. But I didn't really enjoy the commentary. I felt a bit bad for Jemaine, like he was uncomfortable and sort of trying to compensate for the sloppy and somewhat arrogant, flippant way the other guys chose to approach the commentary. I really wanted to hear what J had to say and I think the other guys may have gotten in the way of what could have been really interesting. Jemaine co-wrote this movie and I'll bet it meant something to him. When he did get the chance to share his thoughts it was wonderful. As I recall, the other guys were dull and yes, offensive.

J did the same thing (to a lesser degree) in the EVS commentary, wanting the commentary to be just so and feeling that they weren't imparting enough knowledge. I don't necessarily care about the logistics of making this film, I just want to be entertained by the commentary & I was certainly entertained. If anyone other than Dave or J contributed anything of interest it has not been retained in my memory bank. I've said many times that this commentary is where I fell in love with Jemaine & that probably stemmed mostly from him trying to make Dave more palatable and making everybody play nice. I didn't find Dave offensive. I thought he was hilarious.
90% evil
ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:36 pm

I agree SW. If anyone remembers, there really wasnt a screen play, they just kind of made it up as they went along...so as far as Jemaine and Jason writing, there's not really a "story" haha they just grabbed bits from other martial arts movies. And there was sooo little money put into it they improvised a lot of stuff. If this was something along the lines of LOTR I might be more interested in behind the scenes/logistical stuff, but its not, so I just wanted to hear them play around on the commentary, and they did, so Im satisfied. :D

P.S. I kind of wished that Dave was in on the commentary for EvS too....especially when J was whacking the crap out of him with those nunchucks! :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:22 pm

My dream would be to have been seated between Dave and Jemaine for the commentary so I could cackle at Dave's ridiculous and sometimes inappropriate remarks then swoon over J's attempts to smooth everything out.

I wanna get drunk with Dave. I think he's cute in a teddy bear kind of way.

He had a small role in this very charming film called Samoan Wedding.

http://www.moviestrailer.org/siones-wed ... ailer.html
90% evil
ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:53 pm

I think I might be scared to get drunk with Dave. He might do something crazy to a little person like me. :worry: :lol: But I think his sexism was all a big act...I dont think he's a big offensize gorrilla like he made himself out to be. Id get drunk with all three though..what fun!!!!! :partyman:

P.S. Taika would have to join in too of course!

P.P.S that looks like a cute movie :D

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:18 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Nonch, instead of waiting on Netflix, you could just buy the DVD.

Or maybe Eorious wants to sell a copy? :D You are right. I need to own this. Especially since it is not an item quickly returned...

Image :lol:

Haaahahahaa to Eorious having the 'secret copy', and mock's first viewing of TN being sans hubby. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my need to keep bits of my Conchord life more private.

I find self-deprecating humor highly amusing, but often the seemingly casual deprecation of others is hard for me to laugh at. Mostly when aimed at physical features and such. I'll try take your word for it that the occasional disparaging comments were an intentional stab at being funny and not motivated by a less noble personality trait.

closet jemainiac wrote:If anyone remembers, there really wasnt a screen play, they just kind of made it up as they went along...so as far as Jemaine and Jason writing, there's not really a "story" haha they just grabbed bits from other martial arts movies. And there was sooo little money put into it they improvised a lot of stuff. If this was something along the lines of LOTR I might be more interested in behind the scenes/logistical stuff, but its not, so I just wanted to hear them play around on the commentary, and they did, so Im satisfied.

It's interesting the different takes on what a person looks for in a commentary. I giggled and appreciated Jemaine's insertion of "this is another example of exposition" here and there. I imagine he did put more than a bit of thought into the dialog, whether he wrote it down or not. :lol: He strikes me as a bit of a perfectionist. Probably why he found the HBO show exhausting, trying to make the show hit the mark he was aiming for. I wonder at the amount of time he spent doing ALL of the voiceover work on TN alone. :shock: Guh, I love him.
Image..Image..Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:21 pm

I get that too Nonch. I think he's a perfectionist. I think cause he cares soo much about pleasing people, perhaps? :dunno:

I guess its just as possible that Dave was poking fun at women with big thighs and meant it, but I choose to believe he wasnt malicious, just maybe not hitting the funny mark exactly on target.

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:28 pm

*glances down at own thighs* Heh heh, yeah maybe I took Dave's comment a little too personally. :wink:
Image..Image..Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:35 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:*glances down at own thighs* Heh heh, yeah maybe I took Dave's comment a little too personally. :wink:

Haha, well maybe I am in denial about my thighs :P ...I think he was going for the whole ironic thing....he's a monster! probably with tree trunk thighs! :lol:

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:07 pm

A few years ago I got hooked on a NZ tv series called Outrageous Fortune. The series is very 'adult'. I can't even post the link here. Anywho, two or three years ago maybe Dave joined the cast. When I saw him in Eagle Vs. Shark I was so surprised, hey I know that guy from Outrageous Fortune & then later Diplomatic Immunity.

If you cruise youtube, search Outrageous Fortune NZ series 5 trailer, that will give ya what you need to know. There is a website for Outrageous Fortune with lots of good stuff. If you're feelin' freak-ay.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:55 am, edited 9 times in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:20 pm

I saw Craig Hall (Jarrod's brother in law from EvS) and the guy that plays Jarrod's dad and the NZ prime minister from FOTC in that clip! :lol:

THere's also this with Dave Fane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzM-Rn1p84Y&feature=fvw

Return to “Jemaine Clement”