Tongan Ninja

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
DaMango
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: Tongan Ninja

Postby DaMango » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:03 pm

I FINALLY sent Tongan Ninja back to Netflix, so if you've been waiting for it, it should be available soon. I knew I couldn't get away with including a note in the envelope, but I did leave a little mark on the back of the envelope itself. I was feelin' cheeky, and colored the lower left hand corner of the DVD sleeve with purple pen. Hopefully Netflix won't consider it destroyed, and replace the sleeve. So, if you get Tongan Ninja from Netflix and see the little purple mark, it means "Hello from DaMango!" :D

Also, I've started putting together my bf's Action Fighter costume. I ordered the Kung Fu jacket this weekend, and it should be delivered today! :yay: My boyfriend's only contribution, so far, is the rigorous task of growing out his sideburns. :lol:

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:17 pm

DaMango wrote: My boyfriend's only contribution, so far, is the rigorous task of growing out his sideburns. :lol:

:tonqe:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:18 pm

sweet! Hope to see pics!

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:29 pm

I will definitely post pics! I'm not sure what to do for the fake chest hair. He's got a nice amount already, but he totally needs the obnoxious chest rug. I was thinking of cutting up a cheap brown Afro wig, and sticking it to his chest with eyelash glue. Or maybe double sided tape? Hmmm... maybe I should ask Jemaine for some advice. (yeah right)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:04 am

OMG, not double-sided tape! Eyelash glue sounds good...he can wash that off and not lose any of his own chest hair in the process. :)

So looking forward to seeing you bothi n costume! :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:44 am

Brilliant DeMango! Can't wait to see the costume! :D
ImageImageImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Oh DaMangooooooo........:)

How was your Halloween? Any pics to share? :eyelashes:
ImageImage

DaMango

Postby DaMango » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Hey, Laura! Sorry I didn't see your question before last week's little "outtage". So... I managed to gather all if the pieces for my BF's Action Fighter costume, but we didn't do anything for Halloween! :( I still want to do an Action Fighter photo shoot, so I can show you guys what it looks like. It's a very nice outfit... :wink:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:20 am

Oh-ho-ho......so you have an Action Fighter costume but he didn't wear it, eh?
Did you really buy it for Halloween? :waggle:

i kid....(kinda)

But if he'll don it for us, I'd still love to see it! :)
ImageImage

Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Hot Jam » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi there forum friends! :wave: Just wanted to say that my husband and I watched TN last night -- and both thoroughly enjoyed it!! It was really, really funny (we both laughed out loud at several points) and quite good for the budget and the genre (not usually my fav because it can be soooo overdone and full of cliche). I daresay I enjoyed it way more than GB because all of the characters were more appealing and I actually cared about their status. Even Knife Man and Gun Man - but not the Chef. Watched the deleted scenes and the cast interviews but not the movie with the commentary yet. The cast interviews were just as good as the movie! And, I don't usually go on about this but *whew nelly*, that Jemaine is smokin' hot in this :thud: :thud: :thud: (as he always is but he's very much so here). His eyes... :love: So, so funny as well.

To be honest with you all, because I felt like watching it with the commentary just couldn't wait, I was going to sneakily watch it at work today because I thought it was going to be a super slow, hypnotizingly boring day but I forgot it at home -which is a good thing because it's turned into a super busy, quite frustrating day. I do also now very feel guilty for almost being so sneaky...

Anyway, hope you all are well and having a good week! :D
"Where does the instrument begin and the man start?"
"Funny you should say that. That's how I feel when I play it."
- Bret and Jemaine, Omnichord banter, Radio City Music Hall, 4/15/2009

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:27 pm

Oh I totally forgot to mention that I wrote a tiny note on the inside of the Netflix disc envelope when I sent back TN. So whoever gets it next....see if it's still there. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it HotJam, I didn't want to send it back. So silly, and I agree...Action Fighter is hot! Some hilarious dialog too. The commentary is...at times dull, somewhat offensive with moments of wit and humor, but totally worth it to get another sense of just how wonderful Jemaine Clement is.
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:54 am

My dear darling husband got me Tongan Ninja for Christmas. :supz: :lol: He's so awesome. :thumb:

I had a mini-epiphany as I was reading the back cover. Does anyone remember a concert where Jemaine says at some point that he's not going to get into it with some guy in the audience because he "might know ninjitsu?" I hope so because that's all I can remember about it, except I want to say it was the show where Jemaine wore that Hall and Oates shirt... was that Denver? Gah I have such a terrible memory for details, lol. :roll: ANYWAY - I totally didn't get the joke and I thought it was so weird for him to misuse a word like that 'cause he doesn't usually. :lol: So I'm finally getting a joke I heard about 8 months ago, lol.

emira
Half a shapely halibut

Postby emira » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:01 pm

:clap: :roll2: :hug:

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:11 am

mockingbird wrote:My dear darling husband got me Tongan Ninja for Christmas.

I love your husband. It is so clear that he adores you, and rightly so, for you are the most amazing mockingbird on the face of the earth, but I love how he is so secure that this would be a gift to you from him. Wow. I think your man and mine would get along just fine. :lol: :biggrin: Are you sure you can't somehow get over to the UK for the tour? We could chaperone each other. :nod: :halo:
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:13 pm

Aww. :blush: They could bond over how their wives have lost their minds, lol.

nonchalant obsession wrote:Are you sure you can't somehow get over to the UK for the tour? We could chaperone each other. :nod: :halo:

" :halo: ", indeed! :lol: Just the mere thought of this is making me smile. :D (And cackle with glee and rub my hands together in a most unladylike manner, lol.)

Return to “Jemaine Clement”