Hilarious Jemaine Interview from Bonnaroo

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Hilarious Jemaine Interview from Bonnaroo

Postby sharishort » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:42 pm

I am new to the forum and have been waiting till I got over my cyber-shyness to post something. Today is the day. I found this on youtube and its a RIOT.

By the way, I am a 36 year old married woman with a four year old son who knows all the words to FOTC songs. I swear I have not laughed this hard since I discovered Blackadder many years ago. These guys are brilliant.

And while I am at it, I will just confess I havent had such a "tiger beat" reaction to someone like Jemaine in a very very very long time!

check this out- the popculture references alone are hilarious, the fact that its JC is the real bonus!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d_f2pg8EuE
"Thats a terrible prize. I am glad I didn't win that."

Alecia
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Alecia » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:56 pm

I've never seen that,, awesome! thanx!
Official Jemainiac...
and damn proud!

"I’m even more ‘what what’ with the bitches." -Jemaine Clement

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:18 am

This was great! Man, Jemaine sure did look good in that didn't he? Not even broccoli can make that guy look bad. He makes broccoli sexy. I don't know why, but I feel some broccoli right now...

sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:56 am

I completely agree with you about the broccoli. He completely made it sexy.

In fact he's too sexy for his broccoli.

Just Mariah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Just Mariah » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:26 am

Thanks for the video.
I was very entertained.
I'm sorry but that shirt for some reason gets me everytime.
:oops:
"What is the bird?"

roots66
New arrival

Postby roots66 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:46 am

Thanks not only for the link, but for coining my new fave expression, "Tiger Beat reaction."

I'm also 36 and married too. When we saw Hairspray back in July we were surrounded by a bunch of teenyboppers who literally went into hysterics every time Zac Efron appeared on screen. I had to comment, sotto voce, that I felt as if we were trapped in an issue of Tiger Beat.
Truly, though, I've kinda been living out the Tiger Beat ethos for the past couple of months, albeit with some restraint on the public squealing side of things. [Making up for lost time, I suppose...even when I *was* a teenybopper, my crushes--Billy Bragg, Paul Weller, et al--were hardly Tiger Beat-worthy.]

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:37 am

What is Tiger Beat? :dunno:

sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:18 pm

Aaaah, Tiger Beat was a teenybopper type magazine from the 70's and 80's. I read it a lot when I was that age cause of the boys from Duran Duran and Rob Lowe!!

sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:19 pm

I know, roots66!!!!

Jemaine has brought it allllllllllllllll back to me. If I had a locker right now, it would be full of pictures. WHO KNEW?

saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby saffymatt » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:38 pm

I have this calendar and there is a section for photos and I have one of my kids, 3 of Jemaine and 2 of both of them. My husband got kinda mad because I didn't even have one of him in it. My son asked me the other day if I loved Flight of the Conchords more than him...my husband replied "no not as much as you, but right now she loves them more than me." He knows me too well. :oops:
Set your Phasers on Funky!

sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:54 pm

My four year old refers to them as "Bret and Jemaine" as if they were here living in the house with us (I wish!). My husband has also been extremely patient.

Especially when i held up a picture of Jemaine and quite confidently said
"Yeah, you need to let your hair grow out so it looks like THIS."

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:46 pm

sharishort wrote:My four year old refers to them as "Bret and Jemaine" as if they were here living in the house with us (I wish!). My husband has also been extremely patient.

Especially when i held up a picture of Jemaine and quite confidently said
"Yeah, you need to let your hair grow out so it looks like THIS."

*L* I know what you mean. My boyfriend has been quite supportive too. I'm trying to convince him to get Jemaine's glasses...... thank goodness he already wears glasses. I can't imagine how much more difficult it would be if he didn't.

Does your husband look a little bit like Jemaine already or does he have similar coloured hair? :D

sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm

With the right hair length and some glasses, I think they would look alike- similar build too. Although my husband has never been described as an ogre, he is quite tall and enjoys libraries.

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:02 pm

sharishort wrote:With the right hair length and some glasses, I think they would look alike- similar build too. Although my husband has never been described as an ogre, he is quite tall and enjoys libraries.

Sounds like you're onto a very good thing there. :)
I know this sounds a little weird but my boyfriend looks like a cross between the two guys. His build is more like Jemaine though.

sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:20 pm

Oh that doesnt sound weird at ALL, in fact, it actually sounds quite delicious!!

:)

Return to “Jemaine Clement”