Hilarious Jemaine Interview from Bonnaroo

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:28 pm

Yes. I find him quite delicious.

Now, if only I could get him to wear those frames and eat some broccoli. ;)

saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby saffymatt » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:34 pm

I have to keep telling my husband that my infatuation with Jemaine is a compliment to him because Jemaine looks like my husband did when we first met (although Jemaine has more hair than my husband did..they are quite similar). They like to write parody songs (my husband had a country-western parody band in college) and he used to wear glasses like Jemaine does and I have to say that thanks to the Business Time video I can tell that they have a similar build, but my husband is taller (6'5"). I am a sucker for a tall, kinda nerdy, shy, very intelliget man...which both my husband and Jemaine are. :love:
Set your Phasers on Funky!

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:42 am

Lucky girl! :)
Your husband is 6'5"? That is really tall.

Just Mariah
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Just Mariah » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:31 am

saffymatt wrote:I have to keep telling my husband that my infatuation with Jemaine is a compliment to him because Jemaine looks like my husband did when we first met (although Jemaine has more hair than my husband did..they are quite similar). They like to write parody songs (my husband had a country-western parody band in college) and he used to wear glasses like Jemaine does and I have to say that thanks to the Business Time video I can tell that they have a similar build, but my husband is taller (6'5"). I am a sucker for a tall, kinda nerdy, shy, very intelliget man...which both my husband and Jemaine are. :love:

I need pictures now.
Hahaha
:wink:
"What is the bird?"

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:54 am

He is quite embarrassed that I told all of you that. :oops: He is quite tall and my children are quite tall as well. My daughter might get to be a leggy blonde one day. He said that all of the men who's partners/girlfriends/wives/daughters are as rabid fans, like we all seem to be, need a support group. I wonder what they would call themselves?

sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:58 pm

Please sign me up for this support group. I need it.

Ironically, my husband (6'1) and son are very tall (3 ft 7 and only 4 years old!) and our last name is Short. I am the only short one and I married into the name!!

PS- my husband told me he has an eye doc appt set up - he just might need glasses! And I know just the frames....
"Thats a terrible prize. I am glad I didn't win that."

The_Wallaby
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Wallaby » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:47 pm

Please add me to the support group as well 8)

My husband looks nothing like Jemaine...but he thinks its funny I have a crush. He's taken to saying 'bye Bret' to me when he leaves the house (along with other completely random FOTC quotes) in his God-awful fake NZ accent. I have no idea why he does this...but it makes me laugh every time! :lol:

ps thanks for the link to the video!

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:24 am

saffymatt wrote:He is quite embarrassed that I told all of you that. :oops: He is quite tall and my children are quite tall as well. My daughter might get to be a leggy blonde one day. He said that all of the men who's partners/girlfriends/wives/daughters are as rabid fans, like we all seem to be, need a support group. I wonder what they would call themselves?

How about..... 'The Poor Bastards' :lol:

beck

Postby beck » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:44 am

sharishort wrote:Ironically, my husband (6'1) and son are very tall (3 ft 7 and only 4 years old!) and our last name is Short. I am the only short one and I married into the name!!

Awww man! That made me giggle a wee bit. But I can feel where your pain, I'm a shorty too. I didn't realise it (because my family are all quite short) until I moved to Wellington.

It's quite nice though. My boyfriend is just over 6ft, and I fit in perfectly under his chin.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:18 pm

Thank you- you totally feel my pain!! :o

deirdrelev
Lost but happy at sea

Postby deirdrelev » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:19 pm

My husband thinks it's totally adorable that I love Jemaine. (He looks nothing like Jemaine, btw, apart from height). I write romance novels for a living, and he keeps walking in my office saying things like, "Have you convinced your editor yet that the hero of your next book should be a Kiwi in a folk parody band?" Hhmm, good idea....

Deirdre M.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde

sharishort
Half a shapely halibut

Postby sharishort » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:12 pm

Just know if you did that, I would completely pre-order that book. :D

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:44 pm

deirdrelev wrote:My husband thinks it's totally adorable that I love Jemaine. (He looks nothing like Jemaine, btw, apart from height). I write romance novels for a living, and he keeps walking in my office saying things like, "Have you convinced your editor yet that the hero of your next book should be a Kiwi in a folk parody band?" Hhmm, good idea....

Deirdre M.

I think that would be a best seller if the fine Mr. C would pose for the cover. :wink:

meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby meg1448 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:38 pm

I haven't been this "fangirly" since I started watching The Daily Show and the Colbert Report.....there's something about deadpan delivery from men with glasses that drives me wild. :lol:
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:33 am

saffymatt wrote:
deirdrelev wrote:My husband thinks it's totally adorable that I love Jemaine. (He looks nothing like Jemaine, btw, apart from height). I write romance novels for a living, and he keeps walking in my office saying things like, "Have you convinced your editor yet that the hero of your next book should be a Kiwi in a folk parody band?" Hhmm, good idea....

Deirdre M.

I think that would be a best seller if the fine Mr. C would pose for the cover. :wink:

I would definitely buy that! Imagine Jemaine on the cover of a romance novel... that thought makes me giggle.

Return to “Jemaine Clement”