Hilarious Jemaine Interview from Bonnaroo

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:47 am

The_Wallaby wrote:Please add me to the support group as well 8)

My husband looks nothing like Jemaine...but he thinks its funny I have a crush. He's taken to saying 'bye Bret' to me when he leaves the house (along with other completely random FOTC quotes) in his God-awful fake NZ accent. I have no idea why he does this...but it makes me laugh every time! :lol:

ps thanks for the link to the video!

It makes me laugh just reading it :lol:

FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Support Group Sign-up

Postby FanBase » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:53 am

So, uh, when is registration for the support group? Sign me up! :help: My husband is tall too with dark-rimmed glasses and a bit on the nerdy side. :geek: Man, if I had a dime for every time he sings the binary solo, I could quit my normal job. :lol:
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:05 am

I think it is so funny that there are so many married laydeez here now. :popcorn: It's nice to know that Mel and I aren't alone. :rolls:

I vote for "The Poor Bastards." :thumb:

Hi to Deirdre M! :wave:

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:01 am

Deirdre wrote:I vote for "The Poor Bastards." :thumb:

:lol: Glad you like it..... that's what our fellas are. No hope whatsoever. :wink:

FanBase

Good Point

Postby FanBase » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:35 am

Deirdre wrote:I think it is so funny that there are so many married laydeez here now. :popcorn: It's nice to know that Mel and I aren't alone. :rolls:

I vote for "The Poor Bastards." :thumb:

Hi to Deirdre M! :wave:

Hey "D Dog." Nah, I like Deirdre better - it's much more refined. :eyebrow: Yeah, that's too funny that many of us are attached. Interestingly enough Jemaine reminds me a lot of my hubby. They're both tall, dark, handsome, shy, have accents, deep voices and wear dark-rimmed glasses. I find that quite sixy. The mister's due for a new pair of glasses too...hmm...:waggle:

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:17 pm

I very excitedly (and stupidly) told my boyfriend today how Jemaine added me to his top friends list on myspace. My boyfriend said, "What kind of messages have you been leaving him, for him to do that?" I said very innocently, "I don't know. Just things like, you're awesome." :roll: I felt my face go bright red. He laughed at me. Oh dear.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:37 pm

cassandrasnow wrote:I very excitedly (and stupidly) told my boyfriend today how Jemaine added me to his top friends list on myspace.

Errr Jemaine doesn't have a MySpace page anymore. He did have one but when the show first aired it went a bit nuts over there and he pulled it. Afaik any page claiming to be Jemaine isn't actually him.

Bret used to have a page also but that disappeared as well eventually. But then he admits to not liking MySpace at all so hardly surprising :lol:

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:52 pm

Hey, I just went over there to see. And I found some interesting stuff by not-Jemaine. A really good interview on someone's blog I hadn't seen before. Here's my favorite line:

What's the best thing about living in America?
BRET: Paying taxes to George Bush is a real treat.
JEMAINE: What Bret means to say is, the people are friendly.

Anyway... that Jemaine Esq. page, where you are in the Tops, says that he reads it. So maybe he checks out who his friends are. :dunno:

On the FoTC page he usually only has musicians and other performers he knows and likes. I say he because, as we all know, Bret doesn't care for MySpace.

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:57 pm

Sherry wrote:Errr Jemaine doesn't have a MySpace page anymore. He did have one but when the show first aired it went a bit nuts over there and he pulled it. Afaik any page claiming to be Jemaine isn't actually him.

Bret used to have a page also but that disappeared as well eventually. But then he admits to not liking MySpace at all so hardly surprising :lol:

I always wondered why they didn't each have their own page. It's enough just maintaining one myspace page though, so I understand - drama or not. That's too bad. :|

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:03 pm

FanBase wrote:
I always wondered why they didn't each have their own page. It's enough just maintaining one myspace page though, so I understand - drama or not. That's too bad. :|

From what I recall Jemaine said he couldn't be bothered keeping his own page and the Conchords one was fine as it was easy to post stuff like gigs etc. And for keeping in touch with their RL friends who use it also. They started their band page as their were other pages springing up for Conchords with people pretending to be them, so they wanted to try and combat that as it was getting a bit awkward for one reason and another.

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:33 pm

I hear ya. Why on earth would people pretend to be them? That's so shady and annoying. What would they have to gain by doing that? It's like hackers. Fan sites are always fun, but posers are not. :?

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:00 am

Yeah, I know it's not bona fide but I was rather happy anyway. :) Any happiness in my life at the moment, whether it be real or faux Jemaine is all good.

gl1t3r
Giving the paper to the people

Postby gl1t3r » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:34 pm

My husband looks nothing like Jemaine, either. :) He does, however, look like Fox Mulder, which was awesome during my David Duchovny phase.

He's so very tolerant of these things.
"Thanks for the acids."

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:19 pm

Oooh! Nice! :D

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:09 am

cassandrasnow wrote:Yeah, I know it's not bona fide but I was rather happy anyway. :) Any happiness in my life at the moment, whether it be real or faux Jemaine is all good.

I agree. Faux Jemaine is still good. No need to get your hopes dashed. That is still quite an honor to be at the top of anyone's friends list. :adoration:

Return to “Jemaine Clement”