Completely random question...

AKA as HipHopapotamus, half of the Humourbeasts, Action Fighter, Dr Chevalier and Jarrod in Eagle vs Shark! Nuff said. You can write the rest!
The_Wallaby
Keeping it funky

Completely random question...

Postby The_Wallaby » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:45 pm

Have any of you seen/heard the commercial for the anti-smoking pill Chantix? The commercial has a tortoise and a hare hopping around in it.
The dude that does the voiceover sounds an awful lot like Mr. Clement. It's more than likely not him...but he certainly sounds very Albi-esque.
:lol:

just wondering if anyone else has heard it and thought the same?

have a great day!
I always get a little bit emotional on the corner of Rutherford and Brown Streets.

saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby saffymatt » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:02 pm

I saw the commercial last night. I can hear the resembalance. It was a more of a British accent then Kiwi. More like Jemaine doing David Bowie. My husband said it didn't sound like him at all. It might have just been my mind wanting it to sound like him. If it wasn't him, it was someone who has a very nice Jemaine-esque voice. :D
Set your Phasers on Funky!

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:25 am

Here's another completely random question that just popped into my head...

Did Jemaine ever drive while he was here in the states? For that matter, did either of the guys drive? I'm just curious how they adjusted to driving on the right-hand side vs. the left.
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

Katie

Postby Katie » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:26 am

FanBase wrote:Here's another completely random question that just popped into my head...

Did Jemaine ever drive while he was here in the states? For that matter, did either of the guys drive? I'm just curious how they adjusted to driving on the right-hand side vs. the left.

The only thing I can think of is in a Texas Odyssey Bret mentioned the person driving when they were in the car was driving "On the wrong side of the road" or something along those lines. It was pretty funny.

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:15 am

I think I remember Bret saying that...

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:02 pm

I recall Bret saying that too. I wish I had a copy of that somewhere...
I would find it really hard driving in the US. It would take me forever to get used to the right side.

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:27 am

cassandrasnow wrote:I recall Bret saying that too. I wish I had a copy of that somewhere...
I would find it really hard driving in the US. It would take me forever to get used to the right side.

I would be so scared of heading into on-coming traffic. :shock: I don't blame them if they just didn't bother with driving while they were here.

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:12 am

Cassandra, The Texas Odyssey is on Youtube if you'd still like to see it. I don't know anything about copying from Youtube, but you can watch it anytime.

~jesika~
Half a shapely halibut

Postby ~jesika~ » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:47 am

Deirdre wrote:Cassandra, The Texas Odyssey is on Youtube if you'd still like to see it. I don't know anything about copying from Youtube, but you can watch it anytime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOrSDw5Irsg :)
"We just looked out' across the city from our little spot on the hilltop. Oh, It is so pretty from way up there. We talked about how the lights from the buildings and cars seemed like reflections of the stars that shined out so pretty and bright, that night."

eclecticwonder
Lost but happy at sea

random? i'm there

Postby eclecticwonder » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:00 am

i, too, have a completely random question to ask...

i feel very silly talking about myspace :oops: , but i've been wondering about something. i sent a message to the fotc myspace (sortofkindofmostlytojemaine :) ) and soon after received a message that i am 99.999999% was automated, and it just said, "thank you for your message, but i will never read it. -jemaine"
coincidentally, i had titled the message "this is the message you will never read." **
the only reason i have even come to the aid of my fellow jemainiacs is to see if any of you might know for sure if this is an automated message. (because if it is, that doesn't bother me one bit, i would do the same thing if i had a hundred messages sent to me everyday.) :rolleyes:

thank you!
~kayla
**p.s. i only titled the message that way because "sometimes when i freestyle, i lose confidence..." :lol:
------------------

"It doesn't hurt to do something absolutely outrageous..."

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:07 am

I can't say he answers all of his messages. I'm sure they get quite a few. However Jemaine does reply to many of the messages personally. He has replied to many messages sent by forum regulars, including a few from me. Lastly I do not think there is a way to set up an auto reply on a myspace page. At least not that I know of.

eclecticwonder
Lost but happy at sea

Postby eclecticwonder » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:10 am

i honestly didn't think there was a way to set up an auto-reply, i just wanted to ask before i got my hopes up, you know? :)

so, do you think this could be intentionally humourus, or just honest? :lol:
------------------

The_Wallaby
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Wallaby » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:25 am

to me that sounds like it is probably a real message...judging by the types of comments he sometimes sends back to people on the comment board of his myspace page. LOL I think he probably did read it, or at the very least skim it...sounds like he was having a laugh. Yay for you! :D
I always get a little bit emotional on the corner of Rutherford and Brown Streets.

eclecticwonder
Lost but happy at sea

Postby eclecticwonder » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:28 am

yay! :D

it wasn't a serious message by any means, i myself was just being a silly goose, it was really fan-girly, about how he should come show my mother how to fix the video machine again because it was tuesday. (it probably would have made a better comment, but it would have never been read that way)...

so...yay!!!

:oops: now i feel like i should have said something more meaningful... :lol:

i ramble an awful lot!
------------------

Ami
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Ami » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:12 am

I'd say it sounds like he read your message and was just being silly by saying he will never read it.. I mean you did put 'the message you will never read' in your subject line. :P

Also, I have A Texan Odyssey on my computer if anyone wants it, let me know. :)

Return to “Jemaine Clement”